learn more

Obama and Liberals are a Threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I used to be a liberal. I used to be an atheist. I used to be a feminist. And I still might be. But after seeing how these three things are causing society to decay first-hand, I am under the impression that however ideal these ideologies might be, they are not going to actually work. I am starting to doubt.

Does anyone remember what happened with Hitler or Stalin? They both had great ideas, they were out to help humanity, to make the world a better place, to create God's gift to society, they had followers, they were worshiped, they believed in their ideologies so firmly that they thought everyone else was expendable or insane for not following their beliefs. But once they started implementing their plans, things went terribly wrong.

Has anyone seen Obama speak? I saw him speak in person, and immediately made the connection. I didn't vote that year but I told all of my friends I voted for Obama in order to avoid being disowned. Try having a reasonable discussion about feminism or religion in this country right now and see what happens.

The same thing could be happening in America. It's not anyone's fault who is a Democrat, they are kind-hearted people. But in the words of Admiral Akbar, "It's a trap!"

Anyway, I've written pro-feminist posts on here, pro-atheist posts on here, anti-religious posts on here, whatever, this is just a reaction to finally getting fed up with all of the B.S. I've gone through in the current emerging society.
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Has anyone seen Obama speak? I saw him speak in person, and immediately made the connection. I didn't vote that year but I told all of my friends I voted for Obama in order to avoid being disowned. Try having a reasonable discussion about feminism or religion in this country right now and see what happens.

So you lied to your friends about your vote. Why should we believe you NOW?

It's an admirable thing to have strength of your convictions and stand up for them. Sorry you didn't quite make the cut...
edit on 22-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Pick your republican, and conservatives are also a threat.

I think you have overlooked this fact.

The problem is politicians and their corruption in general. The propaganda they push is just pandering.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I don't think I've overlooked this fact, I've written posts railing on these people as well. Oh my gosh! Corruption and especially propaganda are huge issues! Propaganda on both sides! Like Fox news is terrible, but so is MSNBC.

link   
reply to post by olaru12

You probably shouldn't, I already told you I still haven't finished considering whether or not to stop being an atheist, feminist and liberal. But I am considering it.

link   

I used to be a liberal. I used to be an atheist. I used to be a feminist. And I still might be.

I see what you mean - I used to see what you mean - I still might see what you mean

edit on 22-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Exactly. You two are perceptive. But I'm not trolling, or else I wouldn't have been up front about it.

It is the fact that I've lived the past 7 years of my life around feminists and atheists and liberals in the younger generation and finally got fed up with it that made me write this post. It is based on personal experience with culture, so it might have no real value as an opinion to be honest.

So just think... of this as a liberal atheist feminist expressing doubt? I think that is allowed. I might not stick to this opinion, necessarily. Maybe I should have put it in Rant.

Let's just say I used to frequent feminist websites, and there is some good stuff on there, but maybe feminism is being misinterpreted by the masses as women not having responsibilities their in relationships?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So becoming a Christian, Right Wing conservative, female doormat is an alternative?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No worries.

I just like to ensure both sides get bashed equally, since they are equally to blame for the mess we are currently in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
After studying history in depth, I found that what we are taught/told are mostly lies. The lies have been regurgitated for a century, so much so that nobody questions them. They just pass them on. Neither party is perfect but i found that the Democrat party are the biggest abusers of the "tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth" strategy. I used to be a Democrat until i studied history and started digging the truth out. I am afraid you are too late coming to your senses.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

It's an admirable thing to have strength of your convictions and stand up for them. Sorry you didn't quite make the cut...

You don't think that someone would be more honest here, with the anonymity of the internet to protect them, vs. with their friends? Really???

It's great to preach about the "strength of your convictions", but sometimes you just don't want to offend people you love. I have to bite my tongue daily, out of respect for people around me.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No, that would be a terrible decision. I'm looking for something more moderate. Like women being respected and having freedom, but knowing how to use that freedom in a responsible manner -

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by olaru12

You don't think that someone would be more honest here, with the anonymity of the internet to protect them, vs. with their friends? Really???

It's great to preach about the "strength of your convictions", but sometimes you just don't want to offend people you love. I have to bite my tongue daily, out of respect for people around me.

Oh totally, there is absolutely no way I would have posted this on Facebook. I almost didn't post it here because it could ruin my ATS reputation. And the strength of my convictions are only in the moment, but it is based on 7 years of hell. I'm tired of being around women who don't respect the men they are dating, who can't stay in a relationship for more than a week, I'm tired of atheists who try to parade around this "you should be out for yourself, Darkbake" attitude and aren't there when I need them, and who won't accept my help when they need it.

These probably aren't even the original intentions of feminism or atheism, but they seem to be the results. That's what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you realized that you have been being lied to and used by the establishment and your experiencing a true awakening?

If that is true, Grats to you! However, knowing the truth comes with a lot of sleepless nights and rejection from those whom still choose to believe everything is just rosy.........

I really wish you well!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyone who is after my money and my guns and thinks government is the solution to "make people equal"

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Yeah, that's basically what I'm realizing. I'm not sure what to do next, though, considering the friends I have. And I don't really want to ruin friendships just because of one day's thoughts, so. I have to think about things.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Obama and liberals are a threat they are the antithesis of what the word means.

Exactly. Just like I used to be a conservative before Bush came into office, I used to be a Democrat until Obama came into office, well probably until his second term started and things started to get too sketch.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Do Ya THINK ?........................ Progressive Liberalism has Never had a Cohesive Plan for the Future Evolution of Human Societies since the First Inseption of the Philosophy . Like the Ford "Edsel " , it was Doomed From the Start lacking a forthright Plan involving the Progression of Generations of People maybe Born into Poverty , or Endowed with Wealth by Blood , to Express themselves in a Self Sufficient Way in a Open FREE Society . Thank God you have Finally Seen Through the Delusion...........
edit on 22-1-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I have some fantastic friends that are 180 degrees from me politically, so I know what you mean about watching what we post on Facebook. We don't see eye to eye on MOST issues, but they are just as sincere about their beliefs as I am about mine. Of course, I think I'm right, and one day they will see the light...:-)....just as you are....:-)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ive always said that liberals are the extremists-their way or the highway.Scratch the surface of liberals,there's a beast underneath.
Glad to see you have finally clicked on,better late than never.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join