It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOTUS Rolling her eyes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I can't believe that this has not been posted.

The FLOTUS and POTUS could both use a copy of Ms book on how to behave in public.

news.yahoo.com...

You don't chew gum in public if you are over 16.
A fork is properly held with the tines 'down'.
And no matter what the person next to you says you do not roll your eyes.

What were they thinking?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan at all--but to cut her some slack--maybe she rolled her eyes at her husband. You can't tell from the short clip.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Having watched the video clip, I'm not left wondering what were they thinking.

I'm left wondering, what are you all thinking.

Who cares? Is this all that matters? I expected something at least rude in appearance, what I saw I could hardly tell what it was, and yep, news fodder.

That's insane.

At least when us Aussies have a go at a politician, it's because he's been sniffing chairs or swearing at staff while demanding his snappy salad.

And even then, we kinda realise it's pointless drivel and get back to the important things.. No that's a lie, the important things are just talking points before elections.

O.o

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Where?
Never let the Truth get in the way of a Good Story Huh?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
he needs a smoke its probably nicotine gum

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I'm not an Obama fan at all--but to cut her some slack--maybe she rolled her eyes at her husband. You can't tell from the short clip.

Yeah, that was BARELY an eyeroll and doesnt count. It may have been in response to someone saying "nice hairdo". If thats the case, Id have been okay with her punching someone's lights out.
I swear, she needs to fire her stylist. I dont like her or her husband for political reasons ( No, Im not a republican) , but Ill be the first to take up a collection to find her a decent stylist. That wig she is wearing now was marked " The Angelica Houston 'do... caution when wearing in public.".

I see some folks whine about comments concerning Michelle and the supposed eye roll... where were they when people were roasting "Grandma" Barbara Bush? Oh yeah, they were right there roasting her.

Dear Michelle, dont let Birthers pick out your hair and next time dont eye roll.. just wait until the cameras are turned away and SLAP. Please tell Mr Obama that chewing gum doesnt help with craving a smoke in a stressful situation. Just dip.

Signed,
A Concerned American

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Where?
Never let the Truth get in the way of a Good Story Huh?

This is not exactly hidden knowledge.

politics.blogs.foxnews.com...
style.lifegoesstrong.com...
www.kansascity.com...
manners.quickanddirtytips.com...

edit on 22-1-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Their kids could use some tips on how to behave too.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

The last resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave who had charming enough mannersnto impress the europeans was Jackie Kennedy and that was 50 count them 50 years ago.

However the bar for bad American table manners was set by the first George Bush who puked in the lap of the Japanese Prime Minister. So Michelle no doubt rationalized to herself that in comparison to the ex-POTUS her table manners were acceptable.

They were not, her overall body language and poor table manners are unbecoming the First Lady at an official function. I don't care how she acts or eats on her own time, but when representing our nation, in full view of the world, certain rules of decorum should be followed. Her public show of her dislike for Boehner was inappropriate (however provoking he was) and unacceptable in this setting.

The poor table manners are beyond understanding even in a culture that no longer values etiquette. Unlike many on this board I would hold any First Lady to the same standards. When even foreign press point to her and comment on the americans lack of grace, it is an embarrassment to everyone in our country. An official function is not the place for such crass behavior.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I didn't see the "table manners" incident. What happened?

top topics

join