It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about the "collapse"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Okay..I read so many reports from so many websites that say we heading or collapse...we're not heading toward collapse..we are in recovery...blah..blah...blah..I don't know what to think..I do know what I see with my own eyes..food is expensive..things are definitely going up in price..sometimes by the week. (Im a woman..I shop for my family, so I do know this.) I see homes not selling around here (my neighbors home has been on the market for almost 4 years and it's only 100K home). Business in my area is dying out.

Anyway..say the US is going to collapse..money USD is worthless..Right now I have a very tiny chunk of money put away..NOTHING big time..If I were to change my USD to another currency now..will this possibly save me?

If it is possible, what currency can I change it too..what would be safe? Don't say gold/silver/copper etc. I want to explore other options.

I don't really want to have bunkers full of food or secret storage of gold and silver..I want out..If I see the first signs of big trouble..real trouble..I want to get on a plane and get out. Where..well, that's for another thread

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

What is happening is on a Global scale.......As an American, I can see how we look at it as something that is only going to effect us, however, no one is going to be exempt from the horrors resulting from what the Criminal Central Banks are doing on a GLOBAL level....

I would say that food and ammuntion would be the best commodities to trade with when this upcoming scenario commences. After all, if you have an ounce of gold or silver, are you willing to trade it for a bag of dried beans or rice?? Maybe if you melted your gold and silver into little nuggets to trade with.......

But I see food in the form of dried goods and cans, as well as ammo, will be much more useful in the scheme of surviving than offering someone a useless piece of metal.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
as far as currency ... chinese yuan .. u.s.d going to end up toilet paper ... havent accepted any u.s or western currencies tbe past five years now as when the u.s.d collapses other western currencies will follow and collapse ...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If I understand you correctly, you're looking to trade your currency in for another currency which will be either more valuable than the dollar, or more useful when you get to where you're going.

Here's an article that says currency trading is too risky for an individual:CNN Of course there may be articles that say it's not.

After searching around, I found that there were some companies that would let you practice currency trading with pretend money in order to learn.

You could also put together a basket of several different currencies in the hope that they don't all collapse if the dollar does.

You might also consider picking up some currency from the country you're planning to escape to.

Finally, I think the US has some kind of tax or penalty if you try to leave the country with a boatload of money. I have no idea if it passed, or what a "boatload" is. Just more work for you. Anyway, best of luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I would very much consider the countries currency you are looking at moving towards. You really do not want to contend with international money transfers at the time there is a lot of global chaos going on. Bitcoins could also be another option if you want to diversify and make traveling a bit safer as your wallet can be stored on a very tiny memory stick and easily hidden. Would check to make sure the country you go to has some facility to transfer bitcoins back to their local currency. As long as the internet remains somewhat functional there is a high chance you will get some money back, as for what happens with currency fluctuation is an unknown risk.

new topics

top topics

join