It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS really this busy or...subversives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I notice more and more, that when a subject of highly important value gets responded to, or bumped Those topics get buried under other less important threads, almost immediately.

Now when I say "less important", I mean in global impact or some factor that has an effect on more than say, a casual alleged ufo observer, or Lochness troll the foot Devito for example.

Meaning, it has an affect on more people, than not.

I'm not implying a ufo observance is less valuable on a global scale, if it is authentic, but what if threads and such just don't make sense, when a serious issue is actually being discussed. Only to be buried under junk topics, so to say.

Is it just me that feels this way, or are there others?
Is any one else seeing this?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well, isn't that a basic COINTELLPRO tactic, burying the threads of substance with threads of nonsense? So is that happening here at ATS right now? Oh most likely, and has been going on for quite some time. Good to see you, a Mod, is looking for this. So

edit on 22-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
I believe a lot of members feel this way. Can't count the number of threads that were well researched, written and presented only to disappear quickly.

Watching the new topics and seeing it as a slow posting time with threads hanging for up to an hour and then a quality thread appears only to have the entire page refresh with 5-6 new threads of less importance to all.

It's been happening for awhile now.

Peace

link   
Well, if it is disruptive, subversive types, you've just bought a lot of overtime for the Mods. (Double their salaries and get them decent donuts, and they'll be happy.
) Set up yet another forum for "lightweights," mobilize all the Mods, then go in and clean out Dodge City. Feel free to toss anything you want in the lightweights forum, and allow for appeals after the thread has earned some flags.

If it's not subversives, consider this. Participating in an important thread can be hard work. Normally, one has to do some research, think at some depth, be prepared to compromise as others bring out new information, in short, everything we're supposed to be doing anyway. The unimportant threads are easier, you can tell that no one cares much what is said. All one has to do is slap something down and move on to the next thread (or start your own).

All of this might not be an answer to your question. Yes, there are a lot of silly threads. But no, I don't know why there are.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nope, not just you.
I often just sit back and watch the new thread lists. When you see something that looks interesting! theres an avalanch of nonsense threads.
Sometimes just sitting back and watching is more interesting than the threads themselves

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

That is something I never really paid attention to, to be honest. I noticed an overflow of gun threads since the last mass shooting event but besides that...dunno.

I think a lot of threads are emotion driven and that could be the reason some strange ones take the room. Again, not sure.

But even if I haven't paid attention myself, there has been talk of this for quite a while, I've seen threads here and there over time, stating the same observation.

I'm not much help, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Any chance of an example or 2? just the important threads not the junk ones.

I personally havent noticed but then again I havent been looking

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

This is the reason I've stopped posting in almost all threads, except for a few long term threads I've stayed with.

Once the really good threads roll off the interest page, they kind of die off. I won't say I haven't had my fun in some of the Bernard threads...but, those go poof pretty fast.

I don't even bother clicking on some category of threads anymore. A lot of them, as soon as I see who posted the thread...that's all the time I put into it. Because they keep posting the same thread topic over and over. Mars rocks comes to mind.....

ETA: I've noticed during the Holiday season, we had a pretty large influx of new members. I think a lot of noobs are looking for any topic, not already posted, or even already posted, in the race to post threads. So. a larger new thread count with a lot of redundancy...jmoho

Des

edit on 22-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good to know.

So it is not, just me who notices these things. Although some may not, now it is at least brought back to the general attention.

It has been some thing, I sorta have been looking for since Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies was posted. Only because it does seem to be a trend, one I hoped others may have seen also.

That being the case, I'm going to be more persistent and watch for this sort of activity. I'm not asking for any one to be taddle tale or snitch, but please if a thread is being derailed to use as a blanket, send a report to staff so we can reduce that issue.

edit on 22-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

You know a thread, that I know you know, and I know that has some interesting techniques being deployed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
there seem to be a lot of new members lately ... and they seem to be somewhat 'up on things' conspiracy wise, could be a good sign of things. or it could be trouble.
i have noticed what looked to be 'forum slides' a couple times though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I don't know but I wanna know so be a good sport and link said thread

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Just look at my post, above theirs, it is that one.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

top topics

join