It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beekeepers Expect "Worst Year For Bees, We’re Facing The Extinction Of A Species.”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Cell phones kill bees!

By affecting the bees internal navigational system, the bee is unable to return to his hive.and dies.

1000 reputable scientists could tell the world government that this is indeed the case and if we don't change things we'll all starve, and then the cell phone lobby would find 2000 dis-reputable scientists to contradict those findings.

In other words were screwed, and deserve extinction!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well this is just the news I want to hear. Hopefully we can do something to make sure bee's don't become extinct.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

So you're not an expert.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

So you're not an expert.
Thanks.

I never said I was an expert, just what I saw, and that I was getting a lot of info from my friends. My friends know what they're doing, and they've been producing honey for years... which is where I am getting a lot of my information from as well. Pics related, a friend at work, and a native hive:

Did you even bother to read the link I gave you?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It may not just be the GMO foods. Telephone masts and electro smog seem to be playing an important role also.

If any of you have time please take a look at the following documentary

They did some very interesting experiments with bees and other creatures.
edit on 23-1-2013 by newfc12 because: Badly formed link

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Come to think of it i dont recall seeing a single bee last summer,and i cant remember the last time i saw them in the garden.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
SE Michigan here. We saw one bee last summer, and probably double the amount of wasps, and spiders, and those creepy centipede multi leg critters.

My neighbor a few houses down has a huge flower garden and she said there was half the bees she normally sees, and a number of her flowers also died.

We go to Gladwin (middle of the state) in the summer a lot, and didnt see hardly any bees there either. I was watching for them due to a number of bee threads last year that I was following.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Looks to me like this whole 'industrial society' thingy as a unit is to blame. It's a failed experiment.

Well, if we haven't killed or driven all our shamans insane already with our 'modern' approach to mental illness, maybe we can survive the inevitable collapse of industrial society and revert to traditional societies.

edit on 23-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yes but with all due respect I think there are more knowledgeable people who have a better grasp of the bigger picture and they should be listened to - before it is too late. I know you are pretty relaxed about the whole thing but biodiversity is essential to life here and bees are part of it. Once part of your pyramid goes the rest will come toppling down. We do not understand the close relationship of everything in the ecosystem and bees are crucial to life on Earth. Believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newfc12
It may not just be the GMO foods. Telephone masts and electro smog seem to be playing an important role also.

Exactly! And these microwave emissions are also very harmful to rats, in particular, which means they are probably as much harmful for humans. I created a thread with a list of prominent effects of low-intensity microwaves on health with links: The Microwave Conspiracy. It is so strange that many articles are published in peer-reviewed journals, and there are scientists who say we need to stop the microwave expansion, but nobody seems to listen. This environmental factor goes largely unnoticed, but it may become the ultimate weapon of self-destruction for mankind. Unless we do something about it in the near future.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I started keeping bees last season. I set-up two hives. I know I lost the weaker hive when it was in the 60's a week ago and I was able to check on them. We're down to the single digits now and I'm hoping the girls in the other hive make it through the cold. At $115 per hive to replace the bees I'd hate to have to do both.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Danbones

I wonder if the wasps are "hardier" in that sense, they seem like
real nasty creatures...had them attack me once. They dont like
the nest disturbed, thats where that saying comes from...

"mad as a hornet"

Ouch.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but wasps don't need to get nectar from flowers to eat.. Kind of like mini flying tigers.

This makes it glaringly obvious this problem is in relation to flowering plants. . .

This NWO stuff is all too real, and that's without delving into any conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

@“Given the importance of bees in the ecosystem and the food chain and given the
multiple services they provide to humans, their protection is essential”...

Agreed

What will be the new form of pollination? Or is there a more genetic response being prepared to adjust to the times. So how can any complain, if they ignore one of the natural responses to healthy crop growth bee pollination being lost, not to mention how the soil creatures are being effected that process the soil. The species is more mature then this but something blocks the signals to respond. Instead ignorance wins and non natural crops may be made.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Are you sure we will survive without the bees? Yes, maybe we can pollinate the plants ourselves, but what about all the benefits we receive from what the bees produce?
Eating local honey actually does reduce allergies. It's been working for my family. Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.

What about all natural beeswax? How many products have it as an ingredient? I know I make many things with it.

I just think there are even more consequences people need to think about if we do lose the bees. They give us so much, for so little.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I figured I would look and see what Monsanto is doing about the bee problem. Wouldn't you know it. They bought a company that makes an anti viral for the bees. They just want to use another horrible product to counteract the effects of their toxic abuse to the planet!

www.stltoday.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yes but with all due respect I think there are more knowledgeable people who have a better grasp of the bigger picture and they should be listened to - before it is too late. I know you are pretty relaxed about the whole thing but biodiversity is essential to life here and bees are part of it. Once part of your pyramid goes the rest will come toppling down. We do not understand the close relationship of everything in the ecosystem and bees are crucial to life on Earth. Believe it or not.

Common honey bees are an introduced species in both your part of the world and mine. if they die off on either of our two continents it won't be the natural ecosystem which is affected, it'll be the human food chain. Nature has gotten along just fine without us and won't miss us.

On a happier note, I have never, ever seen honey bees in my backyard here in Australia until a few weeks ago. A native Lily Pily (a kind of berry) tree is flowering and the bees are going nuts over it. It's great to see and since here in Australia we have fewer genetically-frankensteined crops than in the US and Europe it's quite likely that the bees aren't as impacted here - just like they aren't as impacted in the Philippines, probably for the same reason. That would make it a regional problem - with the North American continent being the region in question.

If you mess with the delicate balance of nature, old Ma N will go along with it for a while, then she'll take you out of the equation. GMOs are a clear case of messing with the delicate balance. While it's nice to think of oneself as the breadbasket of the world, companies like Monsanto have doomed the people of North America and elsewhere to a future framed by famine and strife. But I'm preaching to the converted...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Very good thread and an important one too.

I was hoping that this was going to get some resolution soon, as I wonder just how these corporations plan to stay in business...I guess they are going to build bio domes and create more genetically modified bees.

I was thinking the same, especially after reading this (thread from last year).

The bees are dying from genetically modified plants and the accompanying pesticides, lets modify them too, you gotta help nature where you can.

But monsanto & co got the cleverness working for them, apparently bees are bad for business.

Last month, noted seed and biotech company Monsanto announced the purchase of Beelogics, a company with a product in trial that may help prevent colony collapse disorder in bees.

In related news, Monsanto has successfully built bee DNA into insect-pollinated crops through genetic engineering. Though the technology is currently being trialed on a limited 3,000 acre planting of modified RoundUp Ready Soybeans called “SoyBee’ns”, scientists are pleased with the success.

Soy is the first such crop to have bee DNA embedded into it; but SoyBee’n engineers are already hard at work introducing this technology to other insect-pollinated crops, such as zucchini, apples, broccoli, peppers, watermelon, cashews and more.

Link

Catchy name, “SoyBee’ns” and a perfect way to make the number one argument against genetic engineering a moot point.

Bees pollinate 70% of all plants and crops vital for our food supply you say, well not any longer, we present to you “SoyBee’ns™”, "Broccolbee™", "Bluebeeries™"...

Dont buy this stuff.

ETA: forgot to add that the linked article is mostly satirical, the only true part is Monsantos purchase of Beelogics.
Anyway, self-pollinating crops, after self-terminating seeds have probably been a (pipe) dream for long time now.
edit on 23-1-2013 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
X FILES

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Looks like it may be time to make an army of little mechanical Bee Robots to fly around and pollinate everything and do our bidding.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

i hope all the nimrod politicians that cry foul about regulations hurting job creation, would not be so blinded by the monied lobbyists ...most of the time there is a damn good reason for regulations, if people would just do alittle research before trusting corporate spin.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join