It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-year-old KC girl dies after being shot by 6-year-old boy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi

This is a local story we have heard about alot here. This is a classic example of irresponsible gun owners.. I think who ever owns this gun should get 25 years in the penn.. Maybe if the penalties were harsher (for idiots who leave loaded guns in a room full of kids) people would start being more responsible..

The gun was a 5 shot revolver not an assault rifle go figure...

www.kansascity.com...=cpy

4-year-old Kansas City girl shot in the head earlier this month by another child who found a gun on a chair has died, police said today.

Trinity Ross, who turned 4 just three days before the shooting, was declared brain dead last week, police said. She later was removed from a ventilator.

Police were called to the girl’s home in the 10500 block of Monroe Avenue just before noon Jan. 10. Officers found Trinity lying on her back on the living room floor near the television with a gunshot wound to her forehead. Two relatives, boys ages 5 and 6, were standing in the corner of the living room

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy#storylink=cpy

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Its a wicked world that we live in
perhaps some sort of basic gun safety training aka if you got kids under a certain age then make sure they cant get their hands on them etc

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This story is so sad and hurtful (to the core of the soul); there is a certain part of humanity that is foolish and irresponsible and the children suffer because of them.

That beautiful little girl is gone now to another realm of existence; my heart goes out to her parents, relatives and friends.

The little boy that shot and killed her; my soul and spirit is in pain for him. As he grows up he will have to live with this; I just hope and pray he gets the help that he needs now and in the future to cope with all of this.

As for the moron that left that gun lying about; I hope the legal system throws the book at that person!...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Same thing happened in Canada.

www.calgarysun.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is why guns are bad- they are much more likely to do harm than good.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
FFS!!!!!!

Seriously why would you post this?
Im pretty sure your pro gun, how the firetruck is this of any help to your side?
If theres no agenda in posting this why bother? you have on average 31+ gun deaths a day and if half the gun nuts on this site are to be believed most of them are accidents as well.

Unfiretruckinbelievable

edit on 22/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Threads like this one have been posted in such a great number lately that those who do not know better would think a problem had recently arisen. The truth is that this stuff has been happening for decades, yet no one paid any attention. Now that the politicians decide they want to fix the problem not by addressing the cause of the problem, but by taking guns away from law abiding citizens. People are just paying more attention now, and there has not been a recent upsurge in gun violence in the US. That would be a flat out lie, nothing more than propaganda for those who are on the fence. And threads like this, imo, are contributing to this problem as it is making the MSM's job incredibly easy, since they do not have as many sheep to convince.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Threads like this one have been posted in such a great number lately that those who do not know better would think a problem had recently arisen. The truth is that this stuff has been happening for decades, yet no one paid any attention. Now that the politicians decide they want to fix the problem not by addressing the cause of the problem, but by taking guns away from law abiding citizens. People are just paying more attention now, and there has not been a recent upsurge in gun violence in the US. That would be a flat out lie, nothing more than propaganda for those who are on the fence. And threads like this, imo, are contributing to this problem as it is making the MSM's job incredibly easy, since they do not have as many sheep to convince.

Its a freakin miracle!!!!!!!

I just agreed with everything a gun nut said in a gun thread!!!!!!!!!

All you pro gunners who jump up and down and yell conspiracy when this cr@p gets any airtime in the MSM come here and do exactly the same thing as you accuse them of doing

This isnt a conspiracy nor is it even interesting, its just a tragedy and to post here, at best will do nothing but more than likely its going to upset a few people and put the rest of us in a WTF is the world coming to mood for the rest of the day.

60, 59, 58, 57

Im counting down till some idiot comes and posts "this could just as easily been a knife, fork, DR" or some other nonsense

P.S congrats Jiggy, first star Ive given to a pro gunner in a gun thread

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If that four year old girl had had a gun, maybe she wouldn't have been a victim!

Such a stupid argument.

No less silly than saying that if only the slaves had been armed, they would not have been slaves.
edit on 1/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Pretty sure it was posted because it's local news, and OP thought some of us would like to be in the know......
These gun debates are just silly, no matter what is said, the USA will not ban guns, it just isn't going to happen. Which is a great thing, because it's everyones right to bear arms, hell it's an responsibility!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This isnt a conspiracy nor is it even interesting

^ That's called an opinion.. so many people on ATS post in threads claiming to have it all figured out, or push their opinion as fact on everyone else. sigh this site has lost much of what made it stand out from other forums.

oh and this could've easily had happen with a knife, or even a rock.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

This isnt a conspiracy nor is it even interesting

^ That's called an opinion.. so many people on ATS post in threads claiming to have it all figured out, or push their opinion as fact on everyone else. sigh this site has lost much of what made it stand out from other forums.

oh and this could've easily had happen with a knife, or even a rock.

Fair call

Apologies OP if I came across as harsh, it just bums me out whenever I see threads that include senseless death or violence.

Star for including the rock thing

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
FFS!!!!!!

Seriously why would you post this?
Im pretty sure your pro gun, how the firetruck is this of any help to your side?
If theres no agenda in posting this why bother? you have on average 31+ gun deaths a day and if half the gun nuts on this site are to be believed most of them are accidents as well.

Unfiretruckinbelievable

I am pro gun.. but Im against stupid..

It was posted because its local news, and its a 4 year old girl .. Im sure some atsers would like to know or read the story.
Its in the other current events forum . So really whats the problem?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
yes we want to hear about the storie i feel bad for the boy he will go through life now knowing he baccedentaly took a life .
Gun people are condictery we want guns But we will be responcable and lock them up so our kids cant kill each other . Thats a contrdiction as crimial brakes oin late at night guns locked up you wake up witha gun pointed at you and your LOCKED gun is helping you how??
have a thousand guns in your home isnt even a good deterent let along acutly have a chance of saving your life .' The best WAY to protect your home is having aDOG as even a barking chuwawa is enogh to scar away all but compleat scycos . and they wont even be bit lol
I know my dog stoped some creaps once just by baring her theeth she got a stake dinner that night

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It was posted because its local news, and its a 4 year old girl .. Im sure some atsers would like to know or read the story. Its in the other current events forum . So really whats the problem?

No problem, your right and Im wrong.

I knew what the thread was going to be yet I clicked on it anyway, my bad.

Sincere apologies for the over reaction.

All Ill say is this is really sad and I feel sorry for everyone involved

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You cannot fix stupid. The person who owns the gun knew there were small children in the house why in hells bells would they leave a loaded weapon laying around. They should be charged with murder or manslaughter that is if the gun was even legally bought or registered. This is why people are against guns because the people who can get guns are to stupid to have them in the first place. You should have to take a gun course and an aptitude test before being able to own a gun and a mental test.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

The sad part is he probably thought it was a toy because nobody in their right mind would leave a loaded pistol out when children are in the house and especially if you know they are in the house. I agree you can't fix stupid but you can have them prosecuted for being stupid especially when a child is involved. They do not deserve to live in society anymore if they are that stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

The sad part is he probably thought it was a toy because nobody in their right mind would leave a loaded pistol out when children are in the house and especially if you know they are in the house. I agree you can't fix stupid but you can have them prosecuted for being stupid especially when a child is involved. They do not deserve to live in society anymore if they are that stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What the hell, its clearly the victims fault, the 4 yr old girl should have had a gun also. More guns = safer right?

It could have clearly been avoided.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hopefully he doesn't remember it, if he did, its like losing two lives from this incident, his life would be way to hard to live.

What are the chances the kid grows up to be anti gun activist lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join