It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To My Fellow Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by BlueMule

Originally posted by BlueMule
In your opinion, perhaps it is. But as a comparativist I know better. Spend some time studying comparative mysticism and you will too. I recommend starting here.

Absolutely not. New age mysticism cloaked in Christian terminology is NOT Christianity...

Mysticism is not "new age", whatever the heck that means. You are making your profound level of ignorance very plain to me. The warped, narrow, common way that the-man-on-the-street uses the word mysticism is not the way a scholar uses it.

It's a fact that mysticism is a part of every religion. Including Christianity. Always has been, always will be. Jesus was a mystic... not a fundamentalist, not a theologian, not a bureaucrat. To imitate him is to be a mystic too, not an ignorant cowardly judgmental self-righteous fool.

If you have the courage to challenge the dogma you regurgitate, you'll read the book I linked you to. If not then you're just another cowardly fundamentalist indulging in willful ignorance and self-exaltation.

Now if you'll excuse me I've had my fill of dogmatic fundamentalist fools.

"The Christian of the future will be a mystic, or he will not exist at all." -Karl Rahner

I can't wait for the future.

edit on 26-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's right. Jesus was a Jewish mystic, and "the kingdom of heaven is like a storekeeper who brings forth from his storehouse of treasure both something old and something new."

Christ is alive! That's an experience. He is the very very best part of who and what we are and are becoming.

An evolutionary Christian mysticism and what might be called a participatory eschatology, is the same expectation of the messianic age, which Jesus himself had in mind.

"Good News! The kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

"As my father sent me, even so send I you."

"...love them, as you loved me from before the foundation of the world."

There are many who sin in what might be called "Bibliolatry", who do not have the spirit in them which like the wind is radically free, never constraining or placing a limitation upon the spirit which God made with wings to fly in the spacious firmament of love and freedom.

"Our Liberation is God's compulsion." ~ C.S. Lewis

Christianity, received and "grokked" is a living manifestation of the the spirit of the love of God in the person of Jesus. It is Jesus alive and well within and among us, as much as above us.

Therefore if someone comes along and talks about requirements and conditions, they are doing the work, either knowingly or unwittingly, of removing the tree of life in our midst and replacing it, yet again, with the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil.

They neither enter in themselves, through the door or the gateway, nor allow others to enter in. They are like wolves among the sheep, blocking the way into paradise.

edit on 26-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Telling me to read a book by Evelyn Underhill is like telling me to read a book by Aleister Crowley or Anton LaVey. As a Christian how is that going to benefit me spiritually? I don't need to read it to know that it's bad news. The Holy Spirit has already spoken, the Bible condemns ancient occult practices which mysticism is.

I believe you are the one that is ignorant. Do some research into the Luciferian theosophical society. It's all about the new age, the occult etc... The primary agenda of Theosophy is to further the New World Order, i.e., the Beast system of the coming Antichrist. It might surprise you that they use lots of Evelyn Underhill's books.

Mysticism is not compatible with being a Christian. You cannot have it both ways and still cling to your occult practices and proclaim Christ at the same time. Jesus says if we want to follow him we must 'die to self' take up our cross and follow him. Mysticism is very much entwined with the New Age and the Occult as mentioned above. God condemns the use of these practices for our own good, since the source of it's power is satan.

Jesus was not a mystic, the reason he has the power to perform miracles is because he is God. God does not need to use mysticism to perform miracles since he is all powerful all knowing.

You call me a dogmatic fundamentalist fool because I believe the Bible is the Final Authority on ALL matters of faith and practice and you clearly do not... The Jesus you believe in is not the one of the Bible and is just one of the many false Christ's the Bible warns people will believe in the last days.

There is NO such thing as "Christian mysticism." Christianity has NOTHING to hide. Jesus said in John 18:20... "I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing."

I pray that you will repent of your sin (mysticism) and believe on the true Jesus Christ so that you may be reconciled to God.
edit on 26-1-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Mystical just means "experience" and it's the reason that Jesus referred to God as Abba to express an intimate familiarity.

To be a mystical Christian only means to be in intimate contact and connection with the holy spirit. It is the knowledge of experience.

To be a Christian is to fall in love with God.

The comingling of the spirit of God and man that's a mystical experience.

Jesus isn't separate from man. It's the whole point of Christianity, that we might come to know God as a friend.

The God of Christianity is a very personal God, and therefore Christianity by it's very nature is of a mystical nature, as well as evolutionary (spiritual growth), which is why I call myself an evolutionary Christian mystic.

But to lecture others, without having the living spirit... not a good thing.

edit on 27-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Therefore if someone comes along and talks about requirements and conditions, they are doing the work, either knowingly or unwittingly, of removing the tree of life in our midst and replacing it, yet again, with the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil.

They neither enter in themselves, through the door or the gateway, nor allow others to enter in. They are like wolves among the sheep, blocking the way into paradise.

Yes, and that's how I see this RevelationGeneration person and other fundamentalists like him. It fills me with righteous indignation to see idolators like him spreading ignorance. That's when I need to step back and cool off. I guess it's my Irish blood. But you seem to be able to stay cool no matter what. I admire you for that.

edit on 27-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

To be a mystical Christian only means to be in intimate contact and connection with the holy spirit. It is the knowledge of experience.

Yes, as opposed to the false 'knowledge' of dogma and indoctrination. Organized orthodox mainstream religion and the fundamentalist idolators who support it count on that kind of false knowledge... it's all they have. So they are threatened by mystics who, through the knowledge of DIRECT experience, see through their false knowledge and their bigotry and prejudice and idolatry and hypocricy and call them out on it.

Just as back in Jesus day, the orthodoxy-of-the-day was threatened by him and his knowledge of experience. The cycle never changes. It's how world religion evolves. Mysticism is the mechanism of that evolution. Only the names and players change.

All of you fundamentalists should be ashamed of yourselves, be you secular fundamentalists or religious fundamentalists. Two sides of the same damn coin.

"There are some forms of religion that are bad, just as there's bad cooking or bad art or bad sex, you have bad religion too." -Karen Armstrong

Fundamentalists make bad religion!

edit on 27-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

"Religion is a defense against having an authentic spiritual experience."
~ Carl Jung

I find that it's fairly easy to discern who's who.

One opens up the door to the tree of life in our midst, another closes that door and opens another on the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil. One celebrates our liberation to freely and fully love as we are loved, and reminds us of who and what we really are as beloved children of a loving God, thus inviting us to be and become ever more fully and freely self expressed as we truly are, the other introduces lots of "should and shouldn't's", reminds us of our fallen nature and then tells us what we must do to "qualify", making of an all-inclusive, unconditional love, an exclusive, conditional one. One opens the pathway to peace, love and everlasting satisfaction, the other blocks it, neither entering in himself nor allowing others to enter in.

One on hearing of your holy spirit experience gives praise to God, the other has the gall to suggest that it was of the devil.

One laughs out loud at the absurdity of the the others' willful ignorance, playing inviting him to come out into the light of love, while the other makes him a "foe".

It's pretty funny if it wasn't so sad, sad because as fellow Christians we ought to be of one accord which is in Christ and the knowledge of Christ, who is nothing less than the limitless love and infinite intelligence of the living God.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Genesis 1:3 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in OUR image, in our likeness,
Notice the use of Our in this passage, Sounds like he might be talking to the light, his son?

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Colossians1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

When you put these verses together it looks like Moses, Jesus, and Paul are all in agreement. Jesus was the first born of all creation, the light of this world, the first thing created by God.

This really creates a problem for the church and its trinity doctrine.

edit on 28-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Exceptionally well-said, OP.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in OUR image, in our likeness,
Notice the use of Our in this passage, Sounds like he might be talking to the light, his son?

Sounds alot like the Trinity to me.

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Colossians1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

When you put these verses together it looks like Moses, Jesus, and Paul are all in agreement. Jesus was the first born of all creation, the light of this world, the first thing created by God.

The Book of Colossians contains doctrinal instruction about the deity of Christ and false philosophies, as well as practical exhortations regarding Christian conduct, including friends and speech.

Paul write Colossians to explicitly defeat the Jewish-Gnosticism heresy that had arisen in Colosse, which endangered the existence of the church.

Jehovah Witnesses interpret the word "firstborn" here to mean "first created" because it is consistent with their theological presupposition that Jesus is a created thing which is a totally skewed interpretation of scripture.

We know that Jesus, is the word become flesh (John 1:1,14) ] and not a created thing.

This really creates a problem for the doctrines of the Watchtower Cult.
edit on 31-1-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Mystical just means "experience" and it's the reason that Jesus referred to God as Abba to express an intimate familiarity.

Mysticism leads to spiritual slavery and is not the experience of a Christian.

To be a Christian is to fall in love with God.

Falling in love with God comes after you have a relationship with him. A true Christian is a person who has put faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His death on the cross as payment for sins and His resurrection on the third day.

Jesus isn't separate from man. It's the whole point of Christianity, that we might come to know God as a friend.

No he is not the creation. God was separate from His creation before He created it and He is separate now. If we, his creation, choose sin, and die whilst having rejected the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, then we will be separated from God for eternity and there is no second chances.

The God of Christianity is a very personal God, and therefore Christianity by it's very nature is of a mystical nature, as well as evolutionary (spiritual growth), which is why I call myself an evolutionary Christian mystic.

It matters not what you call your self. Jesus said in John 3:3 'Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.' When a person is born again they are filled with the Holy Ghost. John 16:13 says 'Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth'. The New Age is the enemy of Christ. A person cannot know the Lord and continue to serve satan, the bible says nobody can serve two masters, at the same time. New age mysticism cloaked in Christian terminology is not Christianity.

But to lecture others, without having the living spirit... not a good thing.

I do not know a 'living spirit' but I do know the Holy Spirit.
edit on 31-1-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join