It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard member shows up after missing for 3+ months

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hi all

This was just breaking on a site a frequent.. Im glad hes home safe.. The question is where was he? It says he was an aviation survival technician from Air Station Barbers Point..

Was he kidanapped and a ransom paid and kept quiet?

was he taken by aliens?

Was he tortured for information?

or was he just at his girlfriends house?

www.kitv.com... ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=kitv4

HONOLULU —The Honolulu Police Department says a man last seen on Oahu's North Shore last October has been found.

Missing man is a Coast Guardsman

Russell Matthews returned to his residence on Jan. 20 at 7:30 p.m. HPD says he was incoherent and taken to the hospital for observation

Read more: www.kitv.com...

edit on 22-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

from October
www.kitv.com...

HONOLULU —The U.S. Coast Guard are continuing to search near Kaena Point Thursday for a missing Coast Guardsman.

Petty Officer 1st Class Russell Matthews, 36, is an aviation survival technician from Air Station Barbers Point.

Police say he is emotionally distraught and his friends and family are concerned for his welfare. He was last seen on Tuesday at around 4:30 p.m. in the Pupukea area driving a 2005 Subaru.

His car was discovered in a parking lot on the Mokuleia side of Kaena Point at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. The Honolulu Police Department initiated a search of the area early Wednesday morning. The Honolulu Fire Department conducted an aerial, shoreline and offshore search for Matthews.

An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point deployed to assist in the search at approximately 4 a.m. Wednesday. Two additional Dolphin searches have been conducted. The Coast Guard Cutter Galveston Island is searching offshore and a five member team from Coast Guard Station Honolulu has conducted a shoreline search

Read more: www.kitv.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow
Not just anybody that signs up gets to be stationed in a place like that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wonder where he's been? I looked up his job description.

Coast Guard Enlisted Job Description-Aviation Survival Technician

Candidates for AST must be in superior physical shape with no chronic orthopedic problems such as trick knees, back problems, or shoulder problems. Training is extremely stressful and is designed to identify those candidates who posses the physical and mental skills to handle the rigors of being an operational Helicopter Rescue Swimmer. Members of the AST Rating must be able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.

Sounds like they did a thorough search. I bet his poor family thought he was dead.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Remember that FBI agent that went missing in California and then found dead. It seems like his family said exactly the same thing about him almost word for word. I want to know why they were both "distraught" before they went missing.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

heres another link too the story

SKY NEWS

A coastguard who vanished three months ago has returned home confused and unable to tell his wife where he had been.

why are they waiting until he is released from the hospital for questioning?
hes been back 3 days now so we should have more info than this

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is genuinely intriguing... It's a real shame that there seems to be no follow-up information at all... It's funny, when someone disappears for 3 months, turns up confused and distressed with no explanation as to his whereabouts and then all media goes quiet on the matter no one on this conspiracy site bats an eyelid.... But some guy's seen smiling when everyone thinks they know how he ought to be feeling and it's the biggest conspiracy since reptilian baby-eaters.... Very peculiar indeed...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

yes I thought it was interesting,and im surprised this thread doesnt have more people intrigued..

Im eagerly awaiting an update

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Manchurian Candidate!

I can't wait to see what he "remembers".

Whatever he was up to, I'm putting my money on the fact that he had little say on the matter. Just my opinion...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ohhh now this is the kind'a thread I joined up for!

Very interesting - found wandering arounf a parking lot.

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Ohhh now this is the kind'a thread I joined up for!

Very interesting - found wandering arounf a parking lot.

peace

at least its not about guns right....This story has conspiracy written all over it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is strange. Gone for 3 months and can't even remember where he was for that long. How did he survive, get food, water and shelter? You'd think he's have some idea. Be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its on the front page of the huffington post now..

video at the link for anyone interested
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Amazingly sketchy details......he obviously was able to drive.....so, he wasnt that far out.......
Moreover what happened to his car for the three months?
did he sleep in it?
You would think that his car would have been located much sooner....nothing adds up here.........

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
SKY NEWS

Sgt Kim Buffett, of Honolulu Police, said detectives had no reason to pursue the case as it is not against the law to be missing, she said. She said the police case was closed now that Mr Matthews has been found.

It's up to the military now. I doubt we'll get much info.

His car was discovered at Kaena Point, a remote area of Oahu.

I wonder if he met with someone? If he was so distraught when he left I can't imagine he'd be able to survive for that long.

Obviously he came back in the same confused/distraught state so I really don't see how he could've done it alone. Mental clarity is the best survival tool.

I have to wonder if he wasn't used in some nefarious way then turned loose. I'm curious about his physical condition. If he hasn't lost weight I'd say he had help. Strange case.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There are several reports of UFO activity in Hawaii, around the time of his disappearance.
Here are some of the Utube vids.
This blip appears around 1:25

This next one has LOUD music.

This one is interesting.

SnF

edit on 23-1-2013 by Violater1 because: SnF

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

ty... I swear the 1st thing that popped in my mind when I read it was "Fire in the sky"
edit on 23-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Violater1

ty... I swear the 1st thing that popped in my mind when I read it was "Fire in the sky"
edit on 23-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

Your not alone, I thought that as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sounds like a controlled substance binge....
Yup.
had to get away from it all or something...

ok I'm joking.
Something does seem fishy
edit on 23-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Holy smokes, strange case indeed!! His wife was out bicycling and was injured after being hit by a car...later she allegedly commits suicide with a gunshot to the head...and now this???
I, for one, am very interested in viewing any further updates to this story. Thanks, OP, for sharing this one.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Holy smokes, strange case indeed!! His wife was out bicycling and was injured after being hit by a car...later she allegedly commits suicide with a gunshot to the head...and now this???
I, for one, am very interested in viewing any further updates to this story. Thanks, OP, for sharing this one.

Thats all new info to me.. where did I miss that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join