Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Firearm Confiscation by Law Enforcement in a Nutshell... They WILL enforce it!

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At the same time as some sheriffs publicly state that they will refuse to enforce any new gun laws in their counties, there are other sheriffs that tell their constituents a very different story.

These three North Carolina sheriffs told a group of people at the Moccasin Creek Minutemen meeting in Zebulon, NC on January 17 that they will not confiscate peoples guns if the Government will not pass laws restricting the 2nd Amendment.

This is probably what most law enforcement around the country with few exceptions mean when they say that they won't confiscate firearms.



Firearm Confiscation by Law Enforcement in a Nutshell



The consensus after the meeting is that we are now even more concerned about our right to bear arms. All three sheriffs (Donnie Harrison-Wake County, Jerry Jones-Franklin County and Carey Winders-Wayne County) assured the people that they would not confiscate our firearms. The reason: the federal government will not pass legislation restricting the 2nd amendment. However, if Congress did pass such legislation, they would enforce the law and we must work through the legal or legislative system to change it. I personally want to extend my appreciation to these sheriffs for meeting with us. I also personally believe that they are all good men. But:
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)


Here's the rest of the meeting...

Moccasin Creek Minutemen Meeting on the 2nd Amendment – Part 1

Moccasin Creek Minutemen Meeting on the 2nd Amendment – Part 2
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Laws are nothing until they've been in front of a judge who is able to to rule on the matter and provide some sort of clarification as to the true remits of said law, but until theres a legal understanding of the law technically its a grey area and there in becomes room for accidents and probably they are saying they'll follow the rules until they're ruled illegal



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Laws are nothing until they've been in front of a judge who is able to to rule on the matter and provide some sort of clarification as to the true remits of said law, but until theres a legal understanding of the law technically its a grey area and there in becomes room for accidents and probably they are saying they'll follow the rules until they're ruled illegal


Well.... Yeah and that is why they will order their deputies to enforce gun confiscation if Obama gets what he wants. The Congress should be stopped before it's too late.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here is a Forbes article that pretty much says If sheriffs will not do what the federal government tells them, then they should resign in protest or change the law. It is disturbingly obvious that the Federal Government will force any sheriff to do what they are told one way or another.

It's Time for Sheriffs to Enforce Gun Laws, Not Break Them


There is nothing more dangerous than a rogue cop. And when police start deciding which laws they will enforce and which they won’t, then America is no longer a nation of laws.




edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret
 


Well thats what they keep telling us what the 2nd is actually for so you can tell the government to f---- off and replace it if its not what the people want any more now all thats needed is people to stand up and actually use their power



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Which is what I assumed all along. These sheriffs and police have families as well. And when push comes to shove they are not gonna jump under the bus for John Q Public. They will enforce all the laws that are passed on to them perhaps look the other way in some situations. I plain old just won't trust them especially here in NYS, might be different throughout the country. Aside from the current temp being 3 degrees before the windchill the thought of a cop on a power trip or just following orders has kept me off the public range as of late. There are too many grey areas in the new SAFE law in NYS that I honestly would know 100% I wasn't doing something illegal that was fine a few weeks ago. The last thing I need is to ride in the back of a cop car and have to pay thousands of dollars in fines, I will give them till April to figure things out and tone it down. If they cannot by then I will be placeing the house on the market and looking elsewhere to raise my family.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by whatsecret
 


Well thats what they keep telling us what the 2nd is actually for so you can tell the government to f---- off and replace it if its not what the people want any more now all thats needed is people to stand up and actually use their power


Oh man It hurts to admit that our government is turning on us...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Geez, they have families. Gun confiscation would put their families in harms way. Why would they do such a thing? Do you think there aren't crazy people out there that wouldn't exact revenge? The thought process people use on the matter of gun confiscation is mind boggling to me. Maybe think it through and you will see how utterly disastrous such a thing would escalate into. The Civil War would be a skirmish in comparison and America would never heal from it.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Geez, they have families. Gun confiscation would put their families in harms way. Why would they do such a thing? Do you think there aren't crazy people out there that wouldn't exact revenge? The thought process people use on the matter of gun confiscation is mind boggling to me. Maybe think it through and you will see how utterly disastrous such a thing would escalate into. The Civil War would be a skirmish in comparison and America would never heal from it.


That's what they are saying... Do not allow the Congress or States to pass these laws.
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why is everyone assuming there is going to be gun confiscation???

They are going to stop new sales of certain things, when did Obama say they were going to come to your house and take your guns? He won't, though there are some people who he should.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret
 


IF They do , it will be with ILLEGAL Authority . The Constitution RULES on this Issue last time I Checked..............





www.youtube.com...#!



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Why is everyone assuming there is going to be gun confiscation???

They are going to stop new sales of certain things, when did Obama say they were going to come to your house and take your guns? He won't, though there are some people who he should.


Restricting the amount of rounds allowed in a magazine means that many people must turn in their guns. And that was already passed in NY.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret
 


" Restricting ANY amount of rounds allowed in a magazine is Also Unconstitutional . The Present Adminstration better Think Long And Hard before they try and persue that Slippery Slope........
edit on 22-1-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All this talk of gun confiscation has sure been good for me. I have dropped to close to my fighting weight and started hardening up. I have cleaned and lubricated every firearm I have and loaded and unloaded every magazine to ensure they function well.

I am just glad I did my due diligence on this smooth talking slickster who is owned outright by the globalist mega corporations. Most of those who I know started shopping as soon as it was clear that the globalist were behind this character. Saved thousands by being aware ahead of the awareness curve. Now days a spring for a 30 round mag is about $4 each. 4 years ago that spring was less than a dollar when purchased in bulk.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by whatsecret
 


" Restricting ANY amount of rounds allowed in a magazine is Also Unconstitutional . The Present Adminstration better Think Long And Hard before they try and persue that Slippery Slope........
edit on 22-1-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)


Your neighbors in NY STATE already passed that law...




Starting on April 15, 2013, you are limited to putting in seven rounds, unless you are at an incorporated firing range or competition recognized by the National Rifle Association or International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association, in which case the limit is ten.
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)





Q: What if I have a magazine that can contain more than ten rounds?

A: You can permanently modify the magazine so that it holds no more than ten rounds, responsibly discard it, or sell it to a dealer or an out of state purchaser by January 15, 2014.
edit on 22-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
All this talk of gun confiscation has sure been good for me. I have dropped to close to my fighting weight and started hardening up. I have cleaned and lubricated every firearm I have and loaded and unloaded every magazine to ensure they function well.

I am just glad I did my due diligence on this smooth talking slickster who is owned outright by the globalist mega corporations. Most of those who I know started shopping as soon as it was clear that the globalist were behind this character. Saved thousands by being aware ahead of the awareness curve. Now days a spring for a 30 round mag is about $4 each. 4 years ago that spring was less than a dollar when purchased in bulk.




The way some of you guys talk, I am glad you have your own country.

"I've lubed by noob tubes, now Im looking at that globalist slickster.."

Americans must be born missing something. It needed to be filled with a lump of man made metal that explodes and makes things stop breathing.

Without it, danger danger will robinson.

Crikey, take away your guns and whats left is a whimpering small man?



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Why is everyone assuming there is going to be gun confiscation???

They are going to stop new sales of certain things, when did Obama say they were going to come to your house and take your guns? He won't, though there are some people who he should.


Hit us with your best shot, Andy!

This is not an assumption or a conspiracy theory anymore for New York State residents.

“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law. Owners who refuse to register could face a class-A misdemeanor — punishable by up to a year in prison. And an owner’s weapon could also be confiscated, which could be worth several thousands of dollars.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend
 


What a load of complete BS. I am glad you like being a disarmed peasant. For myself and my tribe we will keep ourselves armed and a sovereign nation. I am sure you serve your masters well.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo
 


That thing is a troll don't feed it. Seriously ignore them and they get bored and go away.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More good news for New Yorkers..

NYPD Using New Scanner Technology To Catch People With Illegal Firearms.


Commissioner Ray Kelly announced on Wednesday that the New York Police Department (NYPD) will roll out portable radiation scanners in high-crime areas to search for concealed firearms. Speaking to guests at a Police Foundation event at the Waldorf-Astoria, Kelly detailed the use of scan-and-frisk technologies.






top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join