It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free resources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Okay, since I can't find anyone to help w/ Sys Comm, then can anyone help w/ a more simpler problem.
I finally found a driver that XP:bnghd: will accept, and only after turning the 'puter off and on a few times, for my soundcard (Vortex) - When I try to use the Install New Hardware Wizard, it tells me it cannot install it because I don't have enough free resources for it. I tried to read a little on resources, but haven't been able to figure out which or what or how much to take away from s/thing else to get my sound card to work. WTF.
I NEVER had these problems w/ 2000!!! But, eh, its Micro$oft.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Free resources: Basically it appears that the installation program doesn't believe that you have enough free memory to do the install correctly. I wouldn't run XP without less than 256MB of ram. My guess is that you have 128MB. Am I correct?

Right click on the task bar, and select "task manager". Then select the performance tab, and see what it says under the Physical Memory section. Hopefully the available physical memory is at least above 8 - 10 thousand. If not try closing all unnecessary applications before running the installation.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
After the initial spike from bringing up the Task Manager it said over 110,000 and increased after that spike to around 140,000 (in Available).

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I HAVE SOUND!!!
The original creator of my PC, my brother, stopped by and brought a new sound card that was easier to find a driver for.
Thanks for trying to help!!

new topics

top topics

join