It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Zealotry and its Inherent Hypocrisy Towards Masonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

This however does not stop lodges from forming that are not part of the Grand Lodge, these are considered clandestine and therefore 'irregular'. Crowley joined a clandestine lodge that never received a charter from a recognized body which inturn makes him an irregular Mason.

Who really cares about Crowley anyways?

He never had any type of bearing on Freemasonry, although if they wanted to look into Ordo Templi Orientis, they might get somewhere as far influence goes.

Crowley was just a student of the esoteric like any other, albeit a little 'different' or 'unique' than most. They only single him out due to their very uninformed exoteric views of the subjects and ideas he discussed in his books...

Of course, the zealots don't get that, and will continue to use their uninformed views to deceive others into believing in things, they have no idea about...A good example here would be his claims to be the 'Beast' despite Crowley not being a Christian, why would that make them think it has any relevance to their silly religion?

Misunderstanding breeds ignorance, ignorance breeds fear; and this is most always seen in life by the people who fear what they do not understand..
edit on 22-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I find it ironic that many "christians" know what they are saying is not true, but are okay with lying (a sin) because to many of them the ends justify the means.

reply to post by FreedomEntered

So anti-Masons can make all sorts of threads making things up and calling us every name under the sun, but when we make a thread calling out their nonsense, it's policing?

Besides what makes you think that atheists dont feel the same way religious zealots do.

Extremists of any sect is still extremism and should not be encouraged.

And who are you to judge who is a religious zealot and who is not.

By the words they've posted.

When were you a Mason?

Rites, rituals, ceremonies, etc have been around since the dawn of man. There is nothing abnormal about it. Like secrets, everyone has them.

I am not going into the Masons writings that I have read.

Thank you. You'll only embarrass yourself.

...those odd little white cloths you wear around the waist.

It's called an apron.

Its all rather looney to me.

Your inability to grasp our beliefs doesn't mean there is anything wrong with Freemasonry.

Plus dont deny you have men in high places, and you band togeather at times. In secret.

It's not for us to prove or disprove. As you're making the accusation the burden of proof lies with you.

Originally posted by Danbones
masonry appears to be one of those small doozer groups within the larger field that is used to extend control tentacles ... a steering commitee if you will
like zionists...or the mob
edit on 22-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Ugh...

reply to post by network dude

reply to post by muzzleflash

Each Grand Lodge publishes whether is recognizes a specific jurisdiction and its Lodges or not. The book I have is the 2011 edition, but it lists every Lodge the Idaho Grand Lodge recognizes.

In America there is the Conference of Grand Masters of North America that helps out with recognition, but they can only make recommendations as the final authority lies with the Grand Master and his Grand Lodge. Often times a Grand Master may ignore the recommendation like with the current mess with the Grand Encampment and the Rectified Scottish Rite (long story).

There is also the the Ancient Landmarks which are the foundation for all issues of recognition.

reply to post by Danbones

The bigoted and mindless accusations of Fear Inc were unjust and should have been withdrawn. In the UK there is a witch-hunt against the Masons and the registry was a violation one's civil liberties.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I originally posted this on another thread; HERE, but I thought it would be quite relevant to this one..Link is here if you need the context..

Let's use an analogy with that shall we?

If you have to be a Christian to understand the Bible, and it's 'language', then the same would be true you would need to be a Mason to understand their "language" (symbols), right? Yet you, or at the very least other Christian zealots like you, attempt to judge Masonry as the work of the Devil or demons, but you aren't part of the 'inside', so you can't begin to understand the symbols or their context..

Yeah, whatever dude

By the way, Masonry is just an example of any esoteric society, the same would apply to any of them; take your pick. Truth is, you can't claim one, while claiming the other isn't true; which means you are either trolling or using any excuse in the proverbial book, to look the other way, at what any logical and reasonable individual would take to be immoral and 'evil' actions, and decrees by the same person you are attempting to profess is 'God'.

How ironic, that Christians claim you can't understand the iniquities in the Bible because you aren't a Christian, and you are taking them out of context; but then turn around and presume to take Masonry and it's "language" of symbols, way out of context, and presume it is correct...

Can you say hypocrisy folks?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
dad4justice.blogspot.ca...

It is all well and good the 'dad4justice' wants decreased privacy for people based on fraternal orginizations. Does he apply the same logic to every group someone could be a member of?

Three judges yesterday refused to reveal whether they were Freemasons after being challenged by a veteran human rights campaigner.

Robbie the Pict put the question to judges hearing his complaint that a "secret society" of senior figures in the Scottish establishment is undermining the impartiality of the judicial system.

So Robbie the Pict (an known political agitator) wants people to tell him want fraternities they happen to be a member of? Again, does he ask this for every group that someone could join?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I am just concerned, considering the impact judges and police chiefs and politicians have on the system as a whole.

The question then becomes; since this was implemented in the United Kingdom what were the results and discoveries made regarding Masons and the judiciary?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
that many "christians" know what they are saying is not true, but are okay with lying (a sin) because to many of them the ends justify the means.

I have to admit that is the one the peeves me the most.

I find nothing more hypocritical then some avowed 'Christian' spreading bulls**t while knowing it as such.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Try not to take it too personal. I know after the many years you have been a member it must get old for you, however we are all here to learn and pass thoughts around.

For me, I had to come to the conclusion on my own that Freemasonry is not a sinister type cult. Others will make up their own mind. If anyone is sincere with knowing what exactly the Freemasonry is all about they will also do their due diligence as I did. Lets hope they do.

We live in an age filled with information at our finger tips so we all must decipher truth from which derives from not just books anymore but the world wide web.

I tend to agree though, the religious do not want freemasonry's "free thought" mixed in with their deity.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Secret groups are right off the bat dodgy. If you feel youre part of a sane group, then invite cameras in. But you wouldnt because you know that what you get up to the general public would find peculiar or at the least rather disturbing. I am allowed to not like rituals, I dont have to perscribe to others superstitions.
The film about Jack the ripper, a suspected Mason showed very clearly the dangers of any secret society.

I am discussing. I dont know if Jay-z is a freemason or not. Would he say? I dont think a Mason has to declare that they are one. I am just saying that these groups of elite, or groups who have elite members in them can behave as a unit, ie toward a common aim. We the general public do not know your aims. And you dont share them. Okay you say to make the world a better place, yada yada.. sounds religiousy. But I am not convinced.
Jay-z as well as Biggie small knows inside information. Perhaps not from Freemasonary directly, but definately from some source.

Whats your opinion of this video? To the freemasons .
www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
But if Freemasonary works for you and makes you more alive in what ever capacity, then go for it. As a critic of freemasonary that doesnt mean Im against the practice of it, if thats what rocks others boats. Im just highly suspicious of it, again because its SECRET.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Is it essential to consider religion over ethics (Freemasonry) when:
1) Grand Parents (Maternal & Paternal) Exceeded boundaries with Roman Catholicism Wedlock...?
2) Parents, though same nationality, but biracial exceeded boudaries with Roman Catholic Wedlock...?
3) All parents were hardcore catholics til death...?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
because its SECRET.

Actually, it's not. What would you like to know?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

because its SECRET.

I'd like to know... Does A Master Mason Become more than a Mason in the Scottish Rite????

I lend my query to the idea that indicates "Knighthood"... As In "Knight Of The Royal Arch" (13th Degree)

And if in fact there is knighthood... what exactly are the Freemasons?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I dont want to know. i have family in the know, i could potentially go to them to learn more. im happy with what ive seen, and put off by it. but as i said if thats your path so be it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

because its SECRET.

I'd like to know... Does A Master Mason Become more than a Mason in the Scottish Rite????

I lend my query to the idea that indicates "Knighthood"... As In "Knight Of The Royal Arch" (13th Degree)

Good Question. The answer is no. A mason who has obtained the degree of master mason is the highest point in masonry. But to go through the degrees of the Scottish Rite, you gain additional knowledge. It starts our as watching plays. They each represent a degree. In each degree there is a lesson that is taught. Some of these degrees pay respect to other groups of the past. Like Prussian Knights and Knights Templar. Once you see these plays, you can study more on their meaning and catch little hints that elude to deeper study that goes way beyond what masonry teaches. It points you towards the other Mystery School teachings and Hermetic study in general. But only if you look for it.

The degrees are quite meaningless. I was a 32nd degree before I even understood what being a 3rd degree was all about. But the 14th degree is very, very dark.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

My question to all of you who exercise these tactics is that what your god, prophet, savior, etc would/has encouraged you to do and if not why do you take such a tact?

Is it the relative freedom of anonymity that posting on the internet allows you?

I personally feel it is your weakness and insecurity with your own faith that you need to attack others who you perceive as not being the same as you.

Speaking on behalf of myself here, I think God has encouraged strongly for those that DO follow Him to assist others who have strayed away from Him and truth. The one thing I do know for sure about Freemasonry is that it is a "house" which allows pretty well any male (sometimes females in other sects) but speaking specifically of Freemasonry, you can be of any belief provided you "voice" the belief in a "Higher power". So you have various men of various religious and non-religious beliefs and background(s) together under "one roof" and then teach them everything that goes against what they had believed (depending upon their religion of course). So it might not have all of those conspiracies you provided, but, the one truth it does have is "de truthing" the members and then ever so sweetly brainwashing them into another form of belief-which makes "Freemasonry" by all standards we know of- A Religion- of it's own kind but denying the fact of what it is at that same time.

I mourn & pray for people who are so severely deceived with their longing to join anything to feel they are part of something or are "working together to make the world a better place", but it is the oldest trick known to mankind and still..hook, line and sinker great men have fallen away from truth/faith and fallen captive to lies and secrets. It's not a game and when the cloak is finally pulled from "their" eyes, it will indeed, be a sad realization.

Lastly...I would say to anyone, if you feel attacked for your beliefs, then question your beliefs with wisdom and a pure heart and come back to the attacker with valid answers and display yourself as genuine and honest. Because if Masonry is suppose to teach men to be better men and brotherhood of love and making the world better, you all are doing a very crappy job of showing that is indeed what you're learning inside those lodges. Just sayin....with honesty

edit on 23-1-2013 by HoneyBe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

because its SECRET.

Good Question. The answer is no. A mason who has obtained the degree of master mason is the highest point in masonry. But to go through the degrees of the Scottish Rite, you gain additional knowledge. It starts our as watching plays. They each represent a degree. In each degree there is a lesson that is taught. Some of these degrees pay respect to other groups of the past. Like Prussian Knights and Knights Templar. Once you see these plays, you can study more on their meaning and catch little hints that elude to deeper study that goes way beyond what masonry teaches. It points you towards the other Mystery School teachings and Hermetic study in general. But only if you look for it.

The degrees are quite meaningless. I was a 32nd degree before I even understood what being a 3rd degree was all about. But the 14th degree is very, very dark.

Yes... I Agree... My Suspicion Of The 14th That Is.
And Thank You. I seem to think that Knighthood was a quality inherent in the craft. But observance is a good way to pick up on the idea that it is not typically a knighthood but more of a lesson passed on from the past.

My suspicion of "Grand Master Elect" is this... Each time I try to rise (Tarot- The Hanged Man) someone very close to me brings me down at all costs. It reminds me of the Apron made of Ramskin. Hence the idea that "it is a wolf in sheeps cloth. Or covering the nakedness as in the idea of a true enemy in disguise. I hate that lesson. But my experiences are such. But If not for Freemasonry I would never know. And there is the fight to the death that ensues if I want to rise.

Put My Foot Down And Raise Up Arms To Battle. The Hanged Man Can never do it because he is unaware of the call.

Grim... Is my reason the same as yours about the fourteenth. I call it the vague sciene.
As "The Science Fiction"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

I agree they are brainwashed. But its a gentle-ish process. That isnt to say that they cannot lead upstanding lives. But for sure they have no real idea of what Freemasonary is, freemasonary is an ancient art in my opinion. Occultic and magical in practice. I think that as muslims, christians etc .. that its a very clear contradition to be a Freemason and religious. But they are USEFUL, thats what counts, to those in the upper echelons .

They worship Lucifer , here a youtube video that proves this is infact the case www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree with you completely. Ever so sweetly brain-washing with the end result so bad in fact that most of these good men no longer have the ability to discern good from evil.

Yes. Lucifer, the Light Bearer.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Unbelieveable and the guys on the lower ranks of freemasonary think that they are "just" there for the greater good of mankind or for self improvement. Religion and cults make $$$$$$.

Freemason claims " In Freemasonry, instruction is based on symbolism but brainwashing, or thought reform, is not used. Cults influence members by means of a coordinated program of psychological and social influence techniques. Freemasonry allows each member to provide his own interpretation of the symbols involved and no one interpretation is deemed to be correct to the exclusion of all others. Witness the many interpretations given by various Masonic writers over the centuries.... Religious intolerants will attempt to label this or that individual's interpretation as representative of Freemasonry but nothing could be further from the truth. What any other Mason (including the oft-misquoted Masonic authors like Albert Pike) sees in the symbolism of the Trowel, for example, may be far different from what I as a Mason see - yet neither of us is wrong. "

Hence, the brotherhood and development of trust. This is how they get them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe

Yes. Lucifer, the Light Bearer.

18th Degree was a science called Nature. It implies "Natutrally..." As In: He Desires It... 'Naturally' & He's Scared 'Naturally'
The Rose was implied because it was a natural science. The cross of wood too. But the Cross was not an emblem... but rather a line which needed to be crossed. Mona Lisa knows... Its why she grins with the scissor fingers. Anyhoo... After the 18th came the ritual of Grand Pontiff which was the owner of the garden in which people treaded on. The degree that suggested East & West (17) implied go left or right or back... but hither shalt thou come and no further. Naturally idiots crossed the line. Trampled roses and learned the significance of colors.
Red & Purple. Ancient Times & Biblical. The Great Harlot In Red & Purple. She told of the Colors. 1st Lesson was Red like the rose trampledc by a Purp. Or Perpetrator... But generally "Purple Race". Thus she was known as fornicator. Naturally he (?) wanted her. Then When the waters came... it became red & Purple. Woman Covered in the Blood Of The Purple Race. They became her slaves. Due mostly to weights & Measures. But That is another tale.

Anyhoo... The 19th Degree was no science. It was a Husband who spell bound the crafts into a single whole.
Meaning he was backed by the countrymen of all crafts... thus grand pontiff. or pope.
The purpetrator learned his stupidity and beg to repent and flee from the masses, but it was to no avail.
Then the knowledge of the garden dawned on him. If you chose to eat of her and of the tree you were commanded not to eat from you would be compelled to learn two things. and two things was too much.
Hence they called it STOMACH as S'Too'Much. Now it was time to learn the good with the bad.
Adam was outcast because he would use against god the mystery of trees. If you eat of the tree of life. The Tree Of Respite And Live Forever. The Grand Patriarch Mock At Men Because He Was Her Father And Desired To Mock Man Who Mocked Him By Sex With Daughter. He Said: Like Noah I too Know two things. And These two are of everything. As In Two Of everything. Or Aware Of Everything. Get It? Mockery. Anyhoo... The two of everything could be stored in the mind like awareness of everything. The Patriarch took a Piece of Wood (Baseball Bat) and clonked Purp On the Head twice. one for each of the two. Bad Boy Or Bat Boy.
Anyhoo... The joke was Noachite. But Man rose to 33 when woman only rose 22. Patriarch was 21. After the clonks man had no chance of gaining the 22 key to masonry because he had cerebral damage beyond repair.
Thus he was less than a woman. She was now like the Gods... compared to purp who could not rise. The 23 Libanus was the aftermath joke. It meant if you knew Laban then you could have risen to worthiness simply by serrving for her 7 years.
Masonry is ancient and Lucifer was a fool. When It dawned on him.... he shone brighter than the morning star. What arrogance and foolishness.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Unbelieveable and the guys on the lower ranks of freemasonary think that they are "just" there for the greater good of mankind or for self improvement. Religion and cults make $$$$$$.

the symbolism of the Trowel, for example, may be far different from what I as a Mason see -

TROWEL = IS "THROUGH ALL"
First learn it maybe it will implicate more than secret societies and occultism.
In order to develop... one must go "through all" first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join