It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Zealotry and its Inherent Hypocrisy Towards Masonry

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
After reading your post, I think we're done here. Bait only works if the fish are biting and I've had more than a few of those hooks in my jaw.

Kind of sad that you cannot address simple questions or points directed at your person.

I've said what was needed.

Yeah, little and lacking.

A sad state of decline upon masonry, it has no place in the modern world and my sincere thanks to you for literally personifying my point.

Sorry to report that my lodge is thriving so it appears that there are people who greatly disagree with you which I am sure you find completely untolerable.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Your Obelisk thread never proved that obelisk to be Masonic.

reply to post by twitchy

If more people followed the precepts of Masonry, the modern world wouldn't be in the state that it is in.

reply to post by twitchy

"Judeo Masonic"? I notice that you leave Christian out of that. Why is that? One can easily tie Christianity to ancient Egyptian beliefs.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Mass was packed yesterday. Bet you find that intolerable.

Just jumping in in response to your post to another poster here:

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Sorry to report that my lodge is thriving so it appears that there are people who greatly disagree with you which I am sure you find completely untolerable.

edit on 4-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Quite honestly, I suspect it isn't meaningful to him in the least (at least in any negative context). Not being a Catholic, all I have to say on the matter is good for them just as I'd say if someone mentioned that their church, synagogue or other place of worship was "packed" on their holy day. Freemasonry is about supporting your own particular monotheistic religion and becoming a better man through it and Masonry.

That said, do you attribute yesterday's notable attendance to anything in particular?

Fitz

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

No, it's packed every Sunday. There was a blessing requesting intercession from St. Blaise for protection from colds and such, but I doubt many were aware of that beforehand.

AM finds the Church intolerable. He has made that clear.

For clarity, St. Blaise can only intercede through God's power we do not worship saints we are just aware that those in heaven can intercede for us and that we can pray to them.
edit on 4-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No, it's packed every Sunday. There was a blessing requesting intercession from St. Blaise for protection from colds and such, but I doubt many were aware of that beforehand.

That's nice. Good to hear

I think you think he thinks of it far more often and with far more vehemence than he does. Let's not forget that postings in a CT forum are hardly representative of the amount of time in real life spent thinking/discussing those sort of topics.

Seems to me that the 'live and let live' axiom isn't one you're able to abide.

For clarity, St. Blaise can only intercede through God's power we do not worship saints we are just aware that those in heaven can intercede for us and that we can pray to them.

That's nice. Relevant only to Catholics but what the hey?

Fitz

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Not at all, if it makes people happy then by all means they should be doing what they want.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Maybe you can show me where I said that.

I said I find religious, hypocritical zealots intolerable. You know, the ones outlined in the Original Post. But if you feel you need to have a martyr complex maybe they can make room in the saintly pantheon for Santo Narrowgate.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Still waiting on that quote.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Maybe you can show me where I said that.

I said I find religious, hypocritical zealots intolerable. You know, the ones outlined in the Original Post. But if you feel you need to have a martyr complex maybe they can make room in the saintly pantheon for Santo Narrowgate.

I will remind you of the post where you said "The Church wants nothing to do with us, and personally I like it that way". Now I will remind you of all of the other things you have said about the Church. Now I will ask why you want me to dig up the quotes?. I bet I don't get an honest answer to what is in bold. No not at all. You will do the same things you always do.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I will remind you of the post where you said "The Church wants nothing to do with us, and personally I like it that way".

And? How is the fact that I am no longer Roman Catholic and do not want the Roman Catholic Church to be involved with a fraternal orginization I am a member of intolerant?

Now I will remind you of all of the other things you have said about the Church. Now I will ask why you want me to dig up the quotes?.

Because you have a remarkable way of taking things completely out of context, exagerating them and/or then claiming that they are lies as is demonstrated above. Post a single one of these alleged quotes. Just one.

I bet I don't get an honest answer to what is in bold. No not at all. You will do the same things you always do.

Sorry to disappoint you, you got your answer as I always answer questions.

edit on 6-2-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because he is a heathen tea drinker

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Masons are getting quite heavy critisism especially from the church.

I have heard the one of the reason of it is historical. When the freemasons secret society was formed, it served one main purpose. To be a place where free-willed, free-minded men can come, who serve higher knowledge, which the Church had diminished. During that period church was really heavy against unreligious people, people who did not accepted the God they pressured on people. That was the reason why they started going underground. And then the Church started spreading rumours about them, about the satanism, world controls and other similar conspiries, just because they did not obey to the Church, when the Church was in charge.

I do not know the details, but as far as I have heard, Freemasonry is far of what it has made to seem like. It is basically about knowledge, morals and brotherhood. No Illuminatis or anything like that.They believe in God or some higher power, but in a different way as the bible does.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
I have heard the one of the reason of it is historical. When the freemasons secret society was formed, it served one main purpose. To be a place where free-willed, free-minded men can come, who serve higher knowledge, which the Church had diminished.

This is accurate. The Catholic Church did and still does want to have a monopoly and the name you use to call God and any orginization that promotes the acceptance of differing beliefs is a threat to that monopoly.

It is basically about knowledge, morals and brotherhood.

That about sums it up if include charity as well.

They believe in God or some higher power, but in a different way as the bible does.

Not a 'higher power' but a Supreme Being, A.K.A, God. We just do not force you to call him Jesus or Allah, or Yahweh or Shismar, etc

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
An exceprt of a post from another thread I authored in which the poster utilizes most of the tactics outlined in the Original Post with typical abandon:

Originally posted by irishpackerfan68
Well, lets get started. (I dont want to name all the thousands that I lot of time to put into) but I will name the most famous freemasons who did end up turning their backs on the occult because they realized how much BS freemasonry is. I actually find it ironic that you all use the same mentality as inter city gangs use. O brother (no pun intended

(All were freemasons that left and later testified to Freemasonry being a form of Satanism)
Pope Leo the 8th
William Schnoebelen author of Masonry Beyond The Light
John Quincy Adams
ALBERT PIKE (If you're true masons you should know that the first 92 pages of your "holy bible" [even though its suppose to mock the concept of a bible. I get it your humor sucks] contain his quotes yet he freely backhanded your society.)
George Washington
Theres much more theres many more books articles that go with what im saying.

Another true 'Christian' lying in the name of Jesus.

Why is this acceptable?

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join