It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Zealotry and its Inherent Hypocrisy Towards Masonry

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eastendkid
lol it's a bit strange how some on here claim to be masons.. the screenies.. the pics.. the 'masonic comments' lol..

when clearly they are NOT Masons.

It's like the playing a 'psychological game' : the pretense of being masons, kept up simply to keep reviving the same tired arguments, and keep unweary minds in the "arguing with masons loop"

And what would be the purpose of pretending to be a Mason on an internet discussion forum?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

lol it's a bit strange how some on here claim to be masons.. the screenies.. the pics.. the 'masonic comments' lol..

Out of curiosity, what do you think makes it "clear" that we are not masons?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Because the baby in your avatar is uneaten.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Because everybody knows that the feckless, evil old men who actually run the world and Masonry couldn't possibly have the skillz to navigate the interwebz.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well, that one guy was kind of crazy. He believed he was some Satan kid and tried to pass off he was a Mason.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Well, that one guy was kind of crazy. He believed he was some Satan kid and tried to pass off he was a Mason.

True. He was arguing the 'con' point however but I took it as the poster above was refering to arguing the 'pro' side.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's Some Religious Zealotry For You Know'It'All's...

Can It Be Any Simpler!?!

Note: The Circle Denotes The Spellbind... Live Like That And You'll Lose More Than Yourself...
edit on 3-2-2013 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio Is NOT The Ark Of The Covenant... Hmph!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Religous Zealotry and Hyprocisy looks like a two way street to me...

I've been on this forum long enough to know better than to get into a real discussion on the SS forum, the usual gang shows up thread after thread, with their subtle insults and baiting until the OP is either banned or the thread gets derailed to the point of sheer mudslinging. If I need to elaborate on my previous post, I'd be glad to define Usuary and Favoritism, but you have the same access to Dictionary.com as everyone else. In 2004 when I joined ATS, the SS forum was a discussion forum, now it's a gangbang despite assurances from the top that it was going to stop.
How many Mods and staff members here are freemasons now? I've honestly lost count.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

6 Points And A Seventh...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Religous Zealotry and Hyprocisy looks like a two way street to me...

How so?

I've been on this forum long enough to know better than to get into a real discussion on the SS forum, the usual gang shows up thread after thread, with their subtle insults and baiting until the OP is either banned or the thread gets derailed to the point of sheer mudslinging.

Are you still upset that your Obelisk thread got closed even though you avoided answering the first question posed to you and having one of the non-Mason moderators ask if you were stirring the pot? And speaking of off-topic, your posts in this thread have not attempted to address the Original Post.

If I need to elaborate on my previous post, I'd be glad to define Usuary and Favoritism, but you have the same access to Dictionary.com as everyone else.

I did not ask for a defintion of usuary, I wanted you to explain specifically how Masonry practices usuary.

In 2004 when I joined ATS, the SS forum was a discussion forum, now it's a gangbang despite assurances from the top that it was going to stop.

I think you are just upset that other posters disagree with you. If you always want to have a conversation where no one corrects the flaws of your premise argue with your reflection.

How many Mods and staff members here are freemasons now? I've honestly lost count.

Why does it matter?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Yes, a masonic funeral. They are the only thing we do that the public actually get's to see.
We usually don't bring the sacrificial altar to those.

Twitchy, I have an honest question. Is it fair that we as masons are not allowed to participate in threads about masons? And in the interest of the site's moto, is it not fair that we try to offer some truth when ignorance is showing? Or is ignorance what everyone wants?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There's a really big difference between participating and railroading, masked avatar/networkdude.

As to the Obelisk Thread, give me a break, I spent five pages answering that question over and over and over again. I'll answer it again, if it was erected by freemasons with all the masonic ceremony, paid for by freemasons, maintained by freemasons, then yeah, it's a damned masonic obelisk at the Trinity site.
I've been arond ATS a while, and that mod's 'way back when' post history clearly indicated his masonic affiliation, when I bumped the appropriate threads to back that up, I was temporarily post banned and my account here was threatened. So yeah, I'm still a little upset about seeing a staff member bold face lie about his masonic affiliations here when he was clearly using that position to close down threads in the SS forum.

Look around on google and see what the general public's opinion is about the masonic infiltration of this forum, it was supposed to have been dealt with, but so far all I've seen is a dramatic increase in the gangbanging.
Hell you guys openly brag about it....

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

This incessant gangbanging is why nobody participates in the SS forum anymore.

This may be your excuse for only passingly participate in it. It continues on nonetheless

Fitz

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

As to the Obelisk Thread, give me a break, I spent five pages answering that question over and over and over again. I'll answer it again, if it was erected by freemasons with all the masonic ceremony, paid for by freemasons, maintained by freemasons, then yeah, it's a damned masonic obelisk at the Trinity site.

Except that it was not as no evidence was ever presented that demonstrated that it had anything to do with Masons or Masonry.

I've been arond ATS a while, and that mod's 'way back when' post history clearly indicated his masonic affiliation, when I bumped the appropriate threads to back that up, I was temporarily post banned and my account here was threatened. So yeah, I'm still a little upset about seeing a staff member bold face lie about his masonic affiliations here when he was clearly using that position to close down threads in the SS forum.

So you are saying Intrepid (who was the moderator) is a liar and is really a Mason despite him stating numerous times to the contrary?

Look around on google and see what the general public's opinion is about the masonic infiltration of this forum, it was supposed to have been dealt with, but so far all I've seen is a dramatic increase in the gangbanging.

Who cares what some butt-hurt clowns post about this site on youtube or any other place? If they would have stuck by the Terms and Conditions they would not have gotten themselves banned.

Hell you guys openly brag about it...

How is Fitz saying that the forum operates whether Twitchy decides to grace us with his presence or not bragging?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

After reading your post, I think we're done here. Bait only works if the fish are biting and I've had more than a few of those hooks in my jaw. I've said what was needed.
A sad state of decline upon masonry, it has no place in the modern world and my sincere thanks to you for literally personifying my point.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Sorry you see it that way.
If it's any consultation, your Obelisk thread peaked my interest and to this day, I still can find no direct correlation with the obelisk and masonry despite it being a very common headstone for masons. But I keep looking.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yeah the thread was heading in that direction, my next post or two was going to go into some detail about the Judeo Masonic connections to Egyptian symbology, and I have a wealth of research on it gleaned from two decades of research, and a good chunk of material I collected from my grand tour through masonic lodge parent directories a few years back. I wouldn't post it here on ATS now if somebody paid me to.
It was an interesting thread and I apparently wasted a lot of time to bring it here.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
How Easy It Is To Equate Religion With The Order And Utilize Scripture To Enhance The Idea The Order Is Of A Particular Religion. Whilst It Is Not Good To Claim The Order Is Evil... It Is Fair To Say... The Order Is Made Aware Of Those Practices And Can Receive Knowledge Of Those Crafts...

NOW... The Order Does Acknowledge This...

FREEMASONRY & ROMAN CATHOLICISM:
WATER = BAPTISM = Stand Up For The People/Person...
SULFUR = COMMUNION = Endure For The People/Person...
SALT = CONFIRMATION = Made By The People/Person...

In Which Case You Have The Idea That There Is A Struggle Between Good And Evil.
And Thereafter When That Is Concluded... You Have A The Ends Which Justify The Means....
Who Is Good And Who Is Bad Is Not The Question. Who Is Rightfully Heir?

Who is to be master. Impenetrability.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
When I first joined this forum, I thought that simply anyone who claimed to have inside knowledge about the discussion topic was dismissed because the forum posters were skeptics. My what a fool I was. I have noticed over the years a distinct pattern: when someone posts to these boards claiming to have authoritative information about a topic, and that information is what the posters want to believe is already true, they are praised as a scholar and philosopher. Indeed take for example the "hidden hand' thread posted on ATS some years ago - it was obviously written by some bored college kid who had googled new age conspiracy ideas and jumbled them together. Yet even now I see conspiracy sites where people have saved hidden hand's every word and immortalized it, even though if you actually read it you can see every single prediction he made was wrong. But people don't care. They want to believe because hidden hand told them what they wanted to hear.

And then we come to the secret societies forum, where we have half a dozen masons, including I believe a much exalted (in the mind of conspiracy theorists) 33rd degree. Yet - even though these are all different people but seem to agree on the same points and thus it would suggest their information on masonry is correct - they are derided. Stomped down. Told they are "gang banging" by replying to a post about their fraternity. What is different between us and hidden hand? Were the real thing. The genuine insider. The problem is we don't tell people what they want to believe....because when it comes to masonry, the truth just isn't as sexy as people here think it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
because when it comes to masonry, the truth just isn't as sexy as people here think it is.

Aye, there's the rub. Being moral and improving one's usefulness to one's family and to society at large is just so mundane and run of the mill; nowhere near so sexy as world-controlling, all-knowing, all-powerful orgyists that some would prefer us to be. It's almost sad that they have to resort to dismissing actual members as low-level, know-nothing porch masons to raise themselves and their opinions up

Fitz

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Looking at the Vance memorial in Ashville, it's an obelisk. I just haven't found a connection yet. But Vance was a mason and even the location, next to the Scottish Rite Temple is significant. Just don't give up on ATS.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join