It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Zealotry and its Inherent Hypocrisy Towards Masonry

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
He specifically asked the answers to be given by people "like me"...

The people I was targeting in the Original Post were 'Christian' (etc.) who felt the need to lie to prove a point in regards Masonry by using the tactics I outlined in that post.

Are you placing yourself in that category? If so, why? What makes it acceptable for someone who proclaims to be a of a strict religious obervance to go against one of its prime tenets (that of truth) to prove a point which they know to be false?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Try discussing these things with them one on one though, without their "team" an entirely unfamiliar playground for them.

I am more than willing to discuss with anyone, singley, the merits of the Original Post.

That is of course if they want their hypocritical stance dismantled piece by piece.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
What I've learned during my time on this forum is that it appears as though most of the people who love being negative about masonry aren't here for a gentlemanly discussion or debate - they are here to spread propaganda. They don't care what the truth is. The only thing they care about is getting you to believe like they do, facts and evidence be damed.

Now multiply that by the amount of time I have been on this forum and you can understand the premise of the Original Post.

The supreme irony is not lost on me when I outline tha the typical tactics and the cadre of relgious nutters decends and uses the same piss poor tactics to try and make their point.

These liars and deceivers are only lying to and deceiving themselves which is even worse than trying to lie to everyone else.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

As long time members and posters on this sub-forum are so sadly aware of, not a week goes by that someone of a fervent religious belief posts here decrying Masonry or other esoteric or fraternal groups as evil/malicious/detrimental/etc, and then resorts to tactics that would be considered hypocritical to their professed religion.

Strawman argument thus thread in my view due to many masons also being christians. You could have this argument at you re lodge meeting with fellow bros whom are christian and take it up with them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
Strawman argument thus thread in my view due to many masons also being christians. You could have this argument at you re lodge meeting with fellow bros whom are christian and take it up with them.

Actually, they are unlike the ones that post here as they do not need to lie to try and prove their point.

The ones posting here are frauds for using the tactics outlined in the Original Post.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The ones posting here are frauds for using the tactics outlined in the Original Post.
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ok so argument over then. The antis are not REAL christians thus to state the thread is christians vs Freemasons is wide of the mark or an over generalisation

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
Ok so argument over then. The antis are not REAL christians...

If they employ any of the tactics listed in the Original Post then they most certainly are not.

Do you think it is beffitting of somehow who states they are a Christian to behave in the manner outlined in the Original Post?

...thus to state the thread is christians vs Freemasons is wide of the mark or an over generalisation

I do not recall anyone claiming that this was what the thread topic is about. The topic is quite clear "Religious Zealotry and its Inherent Hypocrisy Towards Masonry". Religious zealotry is not confined to our friends of the Christian persuassion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Tomorrow one of these dudes is going to be a step up in degree

I'm not scheduled to go through any initiation until March.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

I invite you to go back and see how each INDIVIDUAL mason or other poster for that matter responded. Just because I am a mason, does not mean my posts are ties to any other mason. They stand on their own. As with my thoughts and ideas. I tried to be respectful, while still pointing out what I know to be incorrect with your views on masonry.

I don't understand how someone could knowingly come to this forum and get upset when you get more than one viewpoint. Nobody is Ganging up, we just happen to enjoy having these conversations. But please don't expect us to sit back quietly while our fraternity is trashed by ignorance.

Now I must go brainwash some new recruits. they must be ready for the Blood Sacrifice at Midnight!
edit on 25-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus lets his beer sit int he sun before he drinks it. ewww, skunky!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I personally feel it is your weakness and insecurity with your own faith that you need to attack others who you perceive as not being the same as you.

You just described yourself. Well said AM.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i think the point is some people dont like freemasonary based on what they have seen and know - enough to be put off. i think the zealots who make statements about freemasons that doesnt compliment them , are fine to do so. differing opinions is a good thing. and yes it helps to be more open and less secretive to dispel myths, but you dont have to, but it does bring suspicion.

i think from what ive read honeybe and myself are close to freemasons, having them in our family. we are likely respectful of their beliefs. but that doesnt mean we are going to say - ahhh , thats the right way..
edit on 25-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
i think the point is some people dont like freemasonary based on what they have seen and know - enough to be put off. i think the zealots who make statements about freemasons that doesnt compliment them , are fine to do so. differing opinions is a good thing. and yes it helps to be more open and less secretive to dispel myths, but you dont have to, but it does bring suspicion.

Actually, anti-Masonry is quite profitable. The zealots are often just victims of misconception. I do not think this is fine. AM disagrees, yet still bothers to make posts like this.

Freemasons do not worship demons, and there is likely no conspiracy that they have to swear allegiance to Lucifer at some point. But they are incompatible with the Church. People on both sides created a rivalry that lasted for centuries and culminated in accusations from both sides of outrageous things.

This is not beneficial to the world, and both sides need to learn to practice what they preach.

There are those who make a bit of money off of anti-Masonry. It is profitable to them to create elaborate stories.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
you mean lucifer is back in business

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Speaking of people who claim to be freemasons what ever happened to leo zagami? It's sad that people feel for that idiots bs hook, line, and sinker. I think most religious rituals are kind of weird but to each is own and i'm sure if most of you guys saw my fraternity rituals then you might think we are some crazy cult.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

you mean lucifer is back in business

Lucifer is a term for Satan before his fall. Masons are aware of this, so that conspiracy is based off of the false premise that Lucifer even exists. Lucifer is a name for something that no longer is, and is now called Satan.

So no, Lucifer is not back in business.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Are you sure about this. Clearly not and you dont understand the meaning of Lucifer at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Are you sure about this. Clearly not and you dont understand the meaning of Lucifer at all.

Don't start with that light bringer enlightenment crap.

Satan lies, and probably misses his old position in the universe.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Did you really fall for the leo zagami, please tell me you're not that gullible? That guy is nuts, hoaxer, lies, and he thinks he jesus reincarnated and the messiah. Come on man did you just google ex mason speaks out against masons and then copy and pasted? I had no idea Leo was going to even be brought up before my first post and it's kind of funny because I thought everyone on ats knew he was a hoaxer.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well Im just saying if were talking about the meanings of words, I dont think mine match yours. You know Christians are well known for witch hunts. You have to not be hunted thats all! But I dont think that Freemasons are hunted. They are in the shadowy areas. Damn they are in every known God religion. They are in govenment, royality. I think you guys are doing just fine

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You know Christians are well known for witch hunts.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join