It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston School Shooting happening now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Lone Star College shooting currently happeningas of 1:37PM central. I have no details.

I think this is the scanner:

www.radioreference.com...

More:
www.foxnews.com...

Looking for more shooters. Scanner link appears to be accurate. I am listening now as they clear buildings.
edit on 22-1-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is a link to a CNN article about it

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Heard them on CNN talking on the phone with the Director of Communications from the college say one shooter was shot and is in custody... and another fled the campus. Can't answer if anyone has been killed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Scanner says they are checking locked doors, as they now have keys.

edit on 22-1-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh not again...
I hope they have the situation under control. Has the report from CNN of multiple shooters been repeated or is this a one time only statement. I would watch CNN right now but I don't have the channel because I don't want to pay for American news when I have Canadian news channels.

Edit: This is starting to get ridiculous. What is wrong in America....
edit on 22/1/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
One shooter detained one on the loose outside campus. Hopefully everyone is ok, no reports of deaths .. (keeping fingers crossed)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Two guys were shooting at each other and some people got caught in the cross fire. End of story.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbinoMonkey

Sounds like bad blood between 2 people from what I read on the CNN updates link. One person reported 4 or 5 shots fired in total. Community college, possibly gang related.

Des

edit on 22-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Two shooters..one in custody. Strange they report two shooters...

I'm listening to the police scanner feed now...not much information there...mostly silent.

The two shooters is weird...at least with this incident there will be a motive provided.
Insanity doesn't need a motive as with the previous shooting but when you have collusion
of two crazies there has to be some purpose...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
DallasNews.com

Update at 1:45 p.m.: Jed Young, a spokesman for Lone Star College tells CNN that the shooting appeared to be “between two individuals.” One of the shooters was wounded and taken into custody, and the other fled the campus. He could not say whether they were students. Young said two students were wounded when they were caught in the crossfire. Reports indicate they were shot in the leg. Young said the danger has been mitigated and the “situation is under control.”

Not a "school shooting" per se, but a shooting between two people at a college campus
edit on 22-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

"In" the school and "near" the school are totally different and the MSM knows how to take that and twist it and make everyone think that the "crazy" person went in and shot people.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
reply to post by rival

"In" the school and "near" the school are totally different and the MSM knows how to take that and twist it and make everyone think that the "crazy" person went in and shot people.

Agreed. But, we don't need to add to the misrepresentation here on ATS.

Des

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The media is really trying to hype up any gun violence, regardless of the situation around it. I wouldn't be surprised if this story made CBC News tonight, even though its not THAT big of a story. I hope no one was injured in these "explicit" jerks pathway.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One girl has said it was in a hallway outside her english classroom, that must mean in the school.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey
Two guys were shooting at each other and some people got caught in the cross fire. End of story.

Well, that's alright then.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey

Well, that's alright then.

I know! All this madness, yet only politicians, some police and millionaires have armour plated protection.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I guess another deluded individual just couldn't talk himself out of being on the news

Even though they are villains in our minds they are heroes in there own mind who are now
Famous , just sick

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists are already blaming the Government for this one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
the problem when there is a wide spread trajedy is that there is the chance of copy cats, there are alot of people on meds in USA and the warning labels clearly warn about "suicidal behaviour" "feelings of anger" "depression" etc. Here is the ABC witness report

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join