It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you suddenly discovered you were going to live forever, how would your attitude change?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This wery momment, it struck me like lighting in eyes, i will be live forewer, and i will be only one of a kind. A fraction of a time i was happy, and now.. happyness fading away. I realised, i will be with everybody, and yet alone, all the time. Living in bath of life, and everything is full of life and spirit and at same time is desert and dust, deep breath tryin take a momment in eternal present and past. What will i do, now.. For sure im continue with everyday life, a hobby, a business, a family. Time pass, children grow livin, and go old, and they ask me, why i alway look same. What to tell them, i tell them truth. I know it, a regret in my eyes, regret in they eyes. I try to pass my immortality to them, by any means necesseary. I fail, we fail, no hope ever to bring them even more life. I love them, remember them, i know unspokenly, i look at dust of time. I remember them. Time pass, technology discovers, new minds open, new testaments comes, sea opens, new possibilities comes, and people stay same, as in past. New artist, new musicians, new clothes, new mechanics, new fog, and times is same, people is same, nothing changed. New era they say, new order, new peace, new art of war we find, new stars to look upon to, and people stay the same. Great night is once more at our doors, it come, it is here, it is gone for a while. We been once more at a cliff of death, secretly, i felt a little hope for me then to taste life for a last time, last momment, i never say that on loud. People are same, insane perhaps, people nothing learn, maybe that is part of life, askin my self. I continue to live, and they in a blink of a eye.I know, i can felt it, im on a road of life, and they are there, a they, a infamous dark doors is there, any maybe cliff of death too, just one for only me.

Time pass, they time pass. They praising them selfs, they glorify themselfs, we conquer oceans and tribes, we read stars, we bulding a new ways for prosperity, we have possesions, we have new metals, we combine any multiply and multiply. We are manny now, we are living near sky now and see all around, we are great, we conquer sky, pitty those birds, they are not fast as we, huh we are great, greatness above all, our way of life, we have great fire of nature now, it will be peace now, and they mistake and fail, addmiting to world, we are here, we protect your our way of life, with fire. I bring up my head and look them in eyes, and i see, people are same. Few change, few dont. Among them self, they open eyes, they something see, tryin they are, they go up to them, and they are same, fire still rule. People nothing learn. Life look like repeating it self, other faces come and go, but same spirit is in most of them, repeating it self in others, only few in peace.

Time pass, new riots, new papers signed, iron blood is sealed, few drops remain around, new books is on shelfs, people spreading around, ants in and out, web grows, invisible powerful blood in veins, black water below steps, apple of knowledge is tasted, true and false at a time climbing to tree of life. I see, i discover too, i feeling a spirit of life in me, once more i feeling and seeing how fragile everything is, how is become, what it can be, hopefully we achieve it, i with them, hopefully it never ends, for them, for me in time once will, hope is outthere somewhere undiscovered.

I enterprise with them, discovering new thinking, new looking at life, new opening of last tiny barrier in looking for another in it. We building new life in things, give them purpose, discovering sky, painting stars, thriving to them, reaching to them, ally wit them, bringing peace to all, discovering new technologies, new ways of thinking, researching ancient beliefs ruins and lives. We learned to become something good, something for hope, something for good people seek for life, good for aeons. Introducing each other, learning from eachother, living with eachother in peace. We give opportunity to others to choose what they want, where will they go, show them a path of life, and purpose to they discover for self. And we guarding kindness, charity, good will, life it self, waiting for others birth and live life together forewer. And im happy now, they learned, i learned, they are safe forever and ever to end of time, hope will never come. And lighting struck to my eyes, and now im in peace.

Well, i know its a lot of read, there is few paragraphs.

I put my self in position of thread. This is how i seen a eternal life for a momment, and my hopes for what i,will, thrive and struggle up to in hope.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

Thank you for that. I read the whole thing and I see where you are coming from. Seems to me the more sentimental and emotional a person was the more trouble he would have adjusting to the concept. In the movie 'Man from Earth" John Oldman abruptly quit his job mid-semester and ducked out on the faculty apparently because someone mentioned he didn't appear to be aging. From my perspective that was a complete over-reaction on his part. In teaching you usually contract for the year and leaving beforehand is not an option that would sit well with anyone in academia. You finish the semeseter and THEN leave. Besides, it wouldn't have taken much for him to apply a little grey dye on his temples and age himself ten years just like that.

So basically he called much more attention to himself than he would have had he been more subtle about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I dont know who is john oldman, and i never watched man from earth.

What i wanted to say is:
about sentimental man,
i rather wont called sentimental and emotional man wil have more; trouble..
I rather say: sentimental and emotional man accepting; reallity

- People even does not thinking about own death, not to mention of death of others.
- Or opposite, people does not thinking about own life, not to mention of life of others.
What is worse?
Or maybe, worst is that only immortal, will, probbably thinking about that in core of question itself.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Hi.
Sitting and thinking about opposite.
Can u tell me your view, what will be opposite of my post?
I wonder. ..

--
somehow i just open new perspective on all things.
Startted looking how everything is really a dust in time.
What realy matters, stuff not, wealth not, jobs not.
Only a our family, how we are with them and all people in this very momment.
Who know what is beyond, what new life wil come, what new light will come, how it all begin and ends, by us, and our most loved.
edit on 26-1-2013 by wwwchronos because: dust in time

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would probably drink myself into a coma. But after time i would probably be fed up and depressed and just wander around harassing kids with "Back in my day" speeches

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
I would probably drink myself into a coma. But after time i would probably be fed up and depressed and just wander around harassing kids with "Back in my day" speeches

hahahahahaha loooool hahahaahahahahahahahah

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'd hate it, who wants to live forever alone?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My outlook and attitude would be grim. I feel like mankind is on a downward spiral and I don't hold much hope for the future. I think I would feel very, very tired...especially if my worst fears were realized and mankind indeed destroyed itself. It would be lonely...to be the only human left on earth with only memories for company and dreams of days gone by...and thinking of the missed opportunities for my fellow man.

Sounds depressing I know....am not depressed right now but that scenario I think would be a game changer. Always have been a "glass is half empty" sorta person.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos

I dont know who is john oldman, and i never watched man from earth.

Information on the movie, including links, is in the first post, and it is referenced throughout this thread. John Oldman is a human who has survived from the Pleistocene Age. Though reasonablt intelligent, he is otherwise a normal person--no super powers--who has no idea why this has happened to him. He does have a wealth of experience, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join