It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry's Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZcustosmorumCouldn't care less mate, you wanna join up for active service then go for it, my problem is not with the armed forces, it's the reasoning behind why they go to wars, the real reasons and not what we are told by the MSM.
Not really anything to do with Harry then, we do have an elected UK parliament as indeed does the devolved Scottish government. The elected administration is supreme over the head of state, or are you that uneducated that you think the queen is pulling all the strings? Blame any warfare on politicians, not the royal family.
If a majority vote wanted a republic we'd get one, that's how a democracy works, it's also how Scotland could leave the UK if you vote for it, as you soon will - or is that a conspiracy now and you think the queen is in charge of that referendum as well?

Additionally, are you actually trying to say by signing up, it has made him a better man?
No, that is something you imagine, and incorrect.

Damn, I wanna be the best, I'm gonna go kill some Taliban from my Apache gunship
Again, more of your imagination. As I've stated a few times in this thread, I do not support a constitutional monarchy but I will not belittle a mans military service solely because he was born in a particular family. You however, appear to be of that mindset. Please carry on, your emotionally based arguments amuse me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by something wicked
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Shallow? Your responses are shallower than a puddle but of course they would be. As you say, we are all entitled to our opinions, why not try and give yours some depth and fact and they would be worth thinking about, At the moment they just seem like they are coming from someone who feels they are entitled to more than they are getting and is looking at someone to blame.

Maybe you should focus on the actual OP and if you want to start a thread of your own, give it a go.

I earn every single piece of everything I get and I expect no favours. And as per my words, "shallow" indeed covers the monarchy lovers

edit on 23-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Again, no actual answers to your input into society, no appreciation of what others do, just all you, you, you.

Well, it's a free site, you are free to voice an opinion which boasts nothing of value to anyone. Well done
edit on 23-1-2013 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No where in that article does he compare killing people to playing video games. You people are just as bad as that fat piece of garbage Alex Jones. You people just make s**t up and run with it. Pretty pathetic

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
You people just make s**t up and run with it. Pretty pathetic
What's more pathetic is the people who've run to a similar thread (created after this one) to carry on the attack against this UK service person under a new banner of 'the Taliban say...blah blah'.
Couldn't win the discussion here so chose a new thread with exactly the same emotionally charged unsubstantiated and inaccurate silliness.
My position is well stated here so I'll ignore the other one in the hope that mods see it for what it is, a pointless duplicate topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Such a shame how many Brits have been brainwashed since birth to worship this scum family. Continue to make excuses for your corrupt royalty.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
Such a shame how many Brits have been brainwashed since birth to worship this scum family. Continue to make excuses for your corrupt royalty.
Oh dear, yet another person who hasn't really read the replies from most of the Brits, myself included.
I do not support a constitutional monarchy in any way but am able to disassociate my political opinions from any view I may have of any 28yr old British soldier who has seen active duty in a US led BS war, regardless of the particular family he happened to be born into.
...or do you think the UK queen started the Afghan thing? If that is the case then you must believe that she controls US forces/politicians as well, how silly would that make someone sound.
He has served overseas in a conflict zone but because of his family this somehow belittles anything he's done, such a stupid and emotionally driven argument.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

I don't think being American or English has anything to do with just plain critically studying the facts.
I'm curious as to whether anyone actually watched the interview, or is taking this article, copy/pasta'd straight out of an MSM website onto infowars, at face value..Or even worse, taking the stance of the OP's interpretation at face value. Here's what he actually said:

“You take a life to save a life. That’s what we (Apache helicopter pilots/gunners) revolve around. If there’s people trying to do bad stuff to our guys then we’ll take them out of the game, I suppose. That’s not the reason I decided to do this job. I came out here to do A job.”

If he actually mentioned videogames in the interview, I seemed to have missed it.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

I don't think being American or English has anything to do with just plain critically studying the facts.
I'm curious as to whether anyone actually watched the interview, or is taking this article, copy/pasta'd straight out of an MSM website onto infowars, at face value..Or even worse, taking the stance of the OP's interpretation at face value. Here's what he actually said:

“You take a life to save a life. That’s what we (Apache helicopter pilots/gunners) revolve around. If there’s people trying to do bad stuff to our guys then we’ll take them out of the game, I suppose. That’s not the reason I decided to do this job. I came out here to do A job.”

If he actually mentioned videogames in the interview, I seemed to have missed it.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

In another segment of the full interview he makes mention of the fact that playing console games makes him 'handy' with the WAH-64 systems. It was humour and self deprecation.

People could only take offence if they had an agenda, which many obviously do. Or they are a bit dim.
edit on 24-1-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

That's the problem, many uneducated, emotionally driven, Infowars believing members will never look impartially at a situation and think critically. It is of course mildy amusing, but frustrating at the same time because such people are so driven by their emotions that they will only see 'evidence' if it fits with their own prejudices.

...I'm Welsh by the way, the UK is made up of 4 nations

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You do know he served in a PB as a FAC right?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskedkhan

I get the Forward Air Control abbreviation but help out a humble former Royal Naval Reservist with the PB, I take it as patrol boat, but Harry is Army in a desert so that can't be it

edit on 24-1-2013 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskedkhan

And, so, what? My opinion stands and the Royals are scum, regardless of their profession. I have no direct hatred towards anyone in particular, the whole family stinks, and I said, they are a complete waste of space in this day and age.

The media parasites who cover them are even worse btw.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

PB - Patrol Base

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Well, the so what is that you said there was a difference between sitting in a gunship hammering away to standing toe-toe with your enemy.

I was pointing out that he has had his boots on the ground during a previous tour.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

Look how you guys fawn over your president.
The Queen is the equivalent of your president [ in this country] she is the head of state .. of Britain the UK and various other countries.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
My opinion stands and the Royals are scum, regardless of their profession. I have no direct hatred towards anyone in particular, the whole family stinks, and I said, they are a complete waste of space in this day and age.

I am in agreement regarding a constitutional monarchy for the UK, it is outdated and undemocratic.
I do not share your emotionally charged opinion that no matter what an individual member of that family does they remain 'scum'.
It is a rather childish sweeping statement to make but then your previous posts indicate that reasoned thinking is not something you appear to support.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join