It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Aww man, you missed everything because of false pretenses.

What is the purpose of a dragon tangling a tiger up in your avatar? Out of curiosity. It has symbolic meaning to me.

ETA the Reaper you refer to is an Archangel named Michael. Death and the Reaper are completely different. The harvest is a joyous occasion for the departed - in the right circumstances anyways. Wouldn't want to be one of the weeds...
edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

what false pretenses ?

no specific symbolic meaning to me ... it was a gift from another member

(no flash to upload)
so, what symbolic meaning does it hold for you ?

i didn't say invite Death to dinner, did i ?
any chance you could circle back to the topic ?

something about yet another shooting at gun free location, most likely by an non-permitted carrier who probably had no business being there in the first place

perhaps this will lead to closing/limiting University Libraries to students only ??

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A CHL person would be breaking the law by carrying at a school.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Either they think we need more guns in school as a response to these shootings

OR

They think the reason there are more mass shootings is because not enough people have guns.

I think both are equally absurd, and if either statement turns out to be true, it is a pathetic testament to the state of our society. We seem to pile on the hysteria instead of taking action to severely curb any kind of mindset that produces hatre/fear of others to the point of such absurdity.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by EL1A5

As a veteran I was able to see how close someone could be as you watched their life drain from them. The feeling is that of shock. Now to think that someone carrying was near with weapon is free to be in shock. (my events were in Afghanistan and Iraq, I still was in shock until snapping out of it). Let us put the situation on our home turf where we should be comfortable and at ease? Should the affect of shock be considered in this situation? I believe so; let alone one of the main rules in shooting is to know what is behind your target.

I'm a veteran. You aren't telling me anything I don't know about. You are assuming anybody who was carrying would have had an opportunity to effect the situation....without considering that may not have been the case...I'm simply stating it's foolish to assume there "were no guns there" because nobody fired back...

Would you risk going to prison to shoot it out with the perpetrators? If they had guns, they weren't supposed to and knew it.

You have not seen combat, if you had you would know a thing or two about it. Assumption, I know. Still - you have displayed a lack of knowledge on the subject of gun play AKA combat.
edit on 22-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

I've seen plenty of combat. I spent 36 months doing combat logistics patrols throughout Iraq. Keep making assumptions. I guess I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not. If it is you are sorely mistaken and are apparently not picking up on what point it was that I was making. Just because law abiding gun owners carry guns in gun free zones, does not mean they are waiting for the opportunity to start shooting and be the hero, for the very reasons you and at least one other person in this thread have stated. Because they aren't supposed to have them there, and we know it. Now, if MY life was in jeopardy, and I was in that gun free zone, carrying my legally owned firearm (illegally, I'm aware of this), I most certainly would risk jail time to defend myself. I have a son. I didn't survive two tours of Iraq to be shot in a gun free zone while attending college courses or shopping in a mall.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

the 'flat' comment was sarcasm, sorry you missed it.

common for ppl to get shot in gun-free zones ??? yes, it matters not which state.
you are free to think it but i firmly disagree.
unknown is just that, unknown.
it cannot be removed until it becomes 'known'.
so, good luck with that.

I know it is common for people to get shot in gun free zones. Why are you acting like I disagree? What I am saying is we can change the attitudes of society to remove the unkowns. There will be a day when we only have to worry about crazy people doing stuff like this.

while this is a fantastic ideal ... The strong must look out for the weak, not the other way around. can you evidence this via the animal kingdom ??
and no, i'm not talking about cross-breed compassion, either.

obvious ?? no, it isn't.
in the wild, it is un-natural behavior.

perhaps you should be talking with different people ?

In the wild, things are quite different... I am using the internet to spread my ideas because IRL people would not be likely to listen to me due to my speech patterns. I sound very different typing than IRL.

and, you're ignoring the impact of the 5th amendment, why ??

What do you mean?

i'm all for the Golden Rule and its application, too bad the police don't agree.

The police are made crooked by the politicians. Fix the corruption in the government. In a way other than locking people up.

I said -

It is most beneficial to everyone if we do not stab eachother in the back

You said -

the history of human
existence has proven quite the opposite.

Complete nonsense. 80% of the world is suffering. My theory has already been proven. It stems from logic that I did not come from me btw.

Not saying that i support such behavior, but to deny its prevalence or existence is akin to inviting the Reaper to dinner.

When dealing with those who are not the golden rule types with one hand offer peace, but unknown to them keep a weapon at the ready. The part people forget is to OFFER THE PEACE. It is not profitable in the short term, so they skip right to the weapons. This is more beneficial to them, but not their descendants. Just like in Prisoners theory, in the short term there is a benefit but in the long term profits are lost. This is somewhat of an analogy, and your weapon will not always be a literal weapon, but you get the point.
edit on 24-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by EL1A5

As a veteran I was able to see how close someone could be as you watched their life drain from them. The feeling is that of shock. Now to think that someone carrying was near with weapon is free to be in shock. (my events were in Afghanistan and Iraq, I still was in shock until snapping out of it). Let us put the situation on our home turf where we should be comfortable and at ease? Should the affect of shock be considered in this situation? I believe so; let alone one of the main rules in shooting is to know what is behind your target.

I'm a veteran. You aren't telling me anything I don't know about. You are assuming anybody who was carrying would have had an opportunity to effect the situation....without considering that may not have been the case...I'm simply stating it's foolish to assume there "were no guns there" because nobody fired back...

Would you risk going to prison to shoot it out with the perpetrators? If they had guns, they weren't supposed to and knew it.

You have not seen combat, if you had you would know a thing or two about it. Assumption, I know. Still - you have displayed a lack of knowledge on the subject of gun play AKA combat.
edit on 22-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

I've seen plenty of combat. I spent 36 months doing combat logistics patrols throughout Iraq. Keep making assumptions. I guess I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not. If it is you are sorely mistaken and are apparently not picking up on what point it was that I was making. Just because law abiding gun owners carry guns in gun free zones, does not mean they are waiting for the opportunity to start shooting and be the hero, for the very reasons you and at least one other person in this thread have stated. Because they aren't supposed to have them there, and we know it. Now, if MY life was in jeopardy, and I was in that gun free zone, carrying my legally owned firearm (illegally, I'm aware of this), I most certainly would risk jail time to defend myself. I have a son. I didn't survive two tours of Iraq to be shot in a gun free zone while attending college courses or shopping in a mall.

Ahh. Yes it was directed at you, because I misunderstood what you meant in your post.

This last post of yours is a great post, should have been made earlier in the thread.

I would pose this question to you, would you use an illegal firearm if you did own one (which we are clear you do not)? I ask this because I met someone who had to do 2 years for this. He shot a guy that was trying to shoot him, but had to do the time for the illegal firearm. Our laws are hypocritical, and something needs to be changed. When our policy makers create unsafe environments, you can't just start grabbing illegal guns off of the street and proceed to set examples. This is akin to medieval thinking of putting heads on sticks outside the caste walls. Not only is it savage, but it actually does not work at all. It breeds more criminals in fact......

eta the question I ask now is...do the politicians know this or are they just ignoring it in favor of profits?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

i'm not 'acting', i answered your question.
if you knew the answer, why did you ask ??

Exactly how bad of an area is it? Is it common for people to get shot there?
deflect much ?

i could be equally facetious and ask why you are acting like this is something that happens on every corner, in every city ?

What I am saying is we can change the attitudes of society to remove the unkowns
yes, i get that you believe this, why, i have no idea.
then again, many ppl have been know to pursue futile endeavors, who am i to say you shouldn't ??

There will be a day when we only have to worry about crazy people doing stuff like this.
what makes you think that day isn't upon us now ?
would you suggest any of the recent shooters weren't 'crazy' ??
[even if only momentarily?]

no, they aren't.
unless you've spent ample time with animals, you have no clue just how similar our worlds are.

i don't do IRL so i wouldn't know.

What do you mean?
the 5th assures a person's right to 'remain silent' when questioned by any presumed authority.

you said ... referencing the entire paragraph following this sentence ...

The problem is why do we apply this to economics and people being interrogated by police?
because it is our right to do so, period. (guaranteed under the 5th)

The police are made crooked by the politicians
NO, the police are made 'crooked' by their own choosing.
they are not marionettes manipulated by a string

yes, fix the corruption all throughout government officials ... and don't stop until you get to the city levels.

i have my own ideas about 'how' to deal with those who are corrupt, it's even outlined in 'those' documents often referenced ... however, at this point in time, it would be considered, 'illegal'

Complete nonsense.
don't tell me, show me.

80% of the world is suffering.
as i said, history has proven this, why do you dispute my statement ??

sooo, we're just supposed to trust your 'logic' without any foundational reference at all ??? really

and then you finish with this ...

When dealing with those who are not the golden rule types with one hand offer peace, but unknown to them keep a weapon at the ready.
Nooooo kidding

The part people forget is to OFFER THE PEACE. It is not profitable in the short term, so they skip right to the weapons.
you aren't close enough to any of the situations to make such a blanket determination.

also, your statement can be applied to nearly every country in the world, currently ... what makes the US soooo darn different ??

my fiercest weapon is my mind ... how i use it determines my defensive/offensive ability doesn't it? point being, it matters not the tool of choice ... however, equal force against any oppressor should be absolute.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I will get back to this. A couple of false pretenses and a misunderstanding are involved. Seems like that is almost always the case in life, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Story changes more.

You bumped into me - I gotta shoot you now.

A second suspect has been charged in Tuesday's shooting at Lone Star College, an incident that apparently started when the man was bumped by someone.

Terry Foster, who was charged with aggravated assault Thursday morning, appears to have been the actual shooter not his 22-year-old companion, Carlton Berry, who was already charged in the shooting, according to court records.

Berry initially denied knowing anything about the shooting that erupted at the northwest Houston campus just after noon Tuesday. But Berry later told investigators that a student had bumped into Foster, 22, earlier in the day and it had escalated into an argument.

Berry told authorities that Foster said he was going to fight the man if he saw him again. When he saw the man again, another argument broke out and Foster began shooting, according to court records.

Caught in the crossfire was a maintenance man who was shot, as well as a student named Jody Neal. Both have been hospitalized and are expected to survive.

Police are seeking Foster. Berry, who remains hospitalized, is charged with aggravated assault.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

I'm guessing he messed up on the draw considering he wasn't shot by anyone but himself. If he had been shot, the impact could have caused him to jerk down and shoot himself but this doesn't seem to be the case, causing me to believe he messed up the draw.

OR, it is possible his gun went off by accident and he thought he was being shot at, and proceeded to "return fire" but I do doubt this.
edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

So maybe your were right, His buddy starts shooting and he goes for his gun and shoots himself. Wonder if he will tell how he did it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

How sure are we that there were two guns?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

The facts keep changing.

Of course the police haven't gone into much detail. Early reports did say two shooters.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Seems to be a kind of JFK style "one shooter" explanation for all of these incidents.

Strange that the civilians always seem to witness multiple shooters, yet the police never investigate the second lead. Now there is always a chance that the witnesses simply misinterpreted what they saw, but one should follow the lead just in case. Tho I suppose it might cost some one their job to look to far into such things...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks

Seems to be a kind of JFK style "one shooter" explanation for all of these incidents.

Strange that the civilians always seem to witness multiple shooters, yet the police never investigate the second lead. Now there is always a chance that the witnesses simply misinterpreted what they saw, but one should follow the lead just in case. Tho I suppose it might cost some one their job to look to far into such things...

They follow the leads.

What happens after and before that is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The 22-year-old originally arrested and charged in last week's shooting at a Lone Star College campus is asking for an apology from Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia.

Carlton Berry, who was shot in the incident, was cleared of two counts of aggravated assault charges and freed from jail Monday.

Berry at first told investigators that he knew nothing about the shooting, officials said, but after charges were filed he admitted he was at the scene and knew the gunman. Initially, two of the shooting victims pointed out Berry as the shooter, Garcia has said.

Ten shots were fired just after noon on Jan. 22 at the community college's North Harris campus. Berry, another student and a maintenance man at the college were wounded. The shooting stemmed from an argument between Foster and another student, Harris County investigators have said.

At the news conference, Berry said he has known Foster since high school and met up with him on campus that day. He said they were walking down the hallway, having a friendly conversation, when Foster and another man began arguing.

"The conflict became more than what we expected it to be and a lot of unexpected things happened," Berry said. "When the shooting happened, I don't even recall running. I blacked out and when I came to I could not move."

Investigators initially indicated Berry's gunshot was accidentally self-inflicted.

www.chron.com...

So an original suspect is not a shooter. Looks like he decided to talk about the shooting since he was being charged. But of course he is upset that his silence made things worse.

At least the truth seems to have been found.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the update. It is rare that we get the rest of the story.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join