It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATER GUNS, when bullets run out SHTF

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
thats right. water guns.

think about it, bullets aren't infinite, and unless you know how to re powder and create bullets from old shell casings then you might be out of luck. a great alternative for guns once the bullets run out(which they will eventually) would be bows, dart guns, pellet guns,spears, rocks and fists.

but why not water guns?

while watching a recent episode of doomsday preppers, there was a scene where one of the preppers uses water guns and fills them up with pepper spray as an alternative training method. but this got me thinking, water guns should be considered a serious method of LAST RESORT protection. most guns need constant maintenance, the string on bows break and are often hard to replicate or make. arrows can snap or be lost. but water is one of the most abundant elements easily accessible to humans, its almost everywhere, especially salt water.

all you need to do is fill up the water gun tank with some homemade pepper spray, or any other form of harmful dispensable liquid, whether its acid,bleach, Clorox, animal poison, hot sauce etc...

water guns are perfectly legal, they are inconspicuous who would suspect a water gun to be harmful?. there are many different models of water guns from the very basic and simple like this one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you also have the more practical and efficient types like these with the big water tank backpacks, able to hold a couple of gallons at a time

however if you are looking for a more concealed approach you could always carry one of these
[ /URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us

[IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4844/plasticwatergunsquirtgu.jpg[/I MG]

some of these guns have a range of 4-5 feet and others like the bigger tank one above can shoot up to 40ft, in a situation where you have run out of ammo, and other means to defend yourselves and you need a way to distance yourself from an attacker or gain some time to be able to flee, i think this option is a lot better than having to use your fists.

i think it would be a lot easier to get a water gun across a martial law perimeter than a 357 magnum

anyone serious about prepping should definitely consider this as a definite absolutely LAST RESORT.

what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why not. If it's all you got in times of desperation then yeah. Even a freshly picked carrot could have someones eye out.
Could even fill one with petrol and make a flamethrower. (please don't anyone try that at home!
)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Excellent idea for close range targets. You can begin to grow your own pepper spray this year, it takes very little room if done in pots on your porch or balcony.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

yea i thought of the flamethrower conversion as well but i dont think it would work since the gun and tank are plastic

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

wow Definitely not the responses i was expecting so far, im glad some people can think outside the box and actually consider this as an option for last resort.

anything that would prevent me from having to get in a physical altercation with an attacker is fine by me, especially given the circumstances and desperation anything is possible

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

think about it, bullets aren't infinite, and unless you know how to re powder and create bullets from old shell casings then you might be out of luck.

You can buy kits for that, and as for making gunpowder, that ain't hard either. Bullets now are made out of copper, and you can melt down any source of copper you need. You can use lead too but nowadays most are made out of copper. The term "eat lead" now is inaccuate, it'd should be "eat copper".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My back up weapons are a black powder rife and a black powder Navy pistol.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by k1k1to

think about it, bullets aren't infinite, and unless you know how to re powder and create bullets from old shell casings then you might be out of luck.

You can buy kits for that, and as for making gunpowder, that ain't hard either. Bullets now are made out of copper, and you can melt down any source of copper you need. You can use lead too but nowadays most are made out of copper. The term "eat lead" now is inaccuate, it'd should be "eat copper".

or you could head down to the local watering hole and "filer up"

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

i have no idea what the heck you are reffering to

lol sorry if i missed anything

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Yes you can make a flame thrower (at your own risk). A few years ago, I watched some kids using them on youtube. I cant remember whether or not they ended up burning down their garage.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by SilentE

yea i thought of the flamethrower conversion as well but i dont think it would work since the gun and tank are plastic

Yeah....I can see that being a problem..

I suppose it could be used to spray an area with fuel from a safe distance. What about igniting?

WOW!
Just stumbled across this website. Homemade Water Guns

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by SilentE

Yes you can make a flame thrower (at your own risk). A few years ago, I watched some kids using them on youtube. I cant remember whether or not they ended up burning down their garage.

There's no way i'm even going to attempt it!

I'm going to have a quick search. See what comes up.
edit on 22/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

Ok, i'm back with the goods.
This is insane. WTF!?

Uploaded on 11 Nov 2008
Water pistol turned flame thrower.
Super soaker 2000 filled with petrol and a light on the end

There's loads on there!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Why not. If it's all you got in times of desperation then yeah. Even a freshly picked carrot could have someones eye out.

Don't give Wrabbit or Beezzer any ideas.

But yes, as far as I am concerned, anything within arms reach is a potential assault weapon.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don't give Wrabbit or Beezzer any ideas.

But yes, as far as I am concerned, anything within arms reach is a potential assault weapon.

Definately....... As long as you're not washing your car...
Sponge your attacker to death.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I dunno, it's rather hard to breathe when you have a wet, soapy sponge crammed down your throat.
Having a hard time breathing takes the fight out of someone rather quickly.

I would think of that as mobile waterboarding.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

oh no the super soaker flame thrower will work BUT if you pump it while you have the burner/ignition source you run the risk of for lack of a better term sucking the fire back into the tubes and into the tank/back pack and blowing up...... aside from pepper spray you can put other substances in it but the only ones i can think of problay cant be mentioned on this site......some types of acid that does not eat plastic could work and other types of acid that dont melt things could work...................

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I dunno, it's rather hard to breathe when you have a wet, soapy sponge crammed down your throat.
Having a hard time breathing takes the fight out of someone rather quickly.

I would think of that as mobile waterboarding.

Damn... I just had to facepalm myself.. You're right! Lodge that baby in there good and finish off with few carrots to the belly.

I like it... waterboarding on the go.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

holy crap

i didnt know there were so many people into water guns as hardcore as these people..

it goes to show the ingenuity of people and how effective the human mind is when it comes to constructing weapons

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Could even fill one with petrol and make a flamethrower. (please don't anyone try that at home!
)

Why must people post these kind of things and inspire idiots like me

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
haha wow i cant believe i never thought of this idea, but now that i think about it eventually good weapons and good guns would be a rare commodity in a lengthy shtf situation i can imagine people making brass knuckles with spikes on them and all sorts of evil twisted ways to kill each other, very brutal

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join