It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit guides, Guardian spirits, Guardian angels, angels....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Everyone seems to have a different definition of who they feel is "on their side" spiritually, but many people seem to label these helpers differently. So what is your belief?

And to answer my own question, I believe that all of the above are different in a way. I feel as though I have a primary guide, seperate from my "higher self" (aka my inner voice-my main source of guidence). I also believe I have other guides who help when needed, and an angel who has come only a few times in serious situations (a rescuer of sorts)....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think alot of it is just our own Sub-concious or even to an extent Psychic abilty.

Some people can tune in and others can't I feel.

Obviously certain people can be in contact with the otherside or is it just there own mind seeing into the past, or whatever the case maybe the current.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Digital_Kid]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'd like to think i have a guardian angel and that angels exist but I have no spiritual awareness of someone or something at my side, maybe its just our sub-conscious and our logical minds that take over when we need guidance, though i'd like to believe otherwise...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
, I believe that all of the above are different in a way.

careful, there may come the day, when those views could be called,

lunacy or heresey or infidel(ity)

but for debate sake...the GENERIC; Spirit (aide, guide, angel...) are ideas we are associated with & can identify. Roman Catholics see the Virgin Mary often....but Australian Aborigiones havent reported visions of a white woman in flowing robes., that i know of?

whether 'its' an external entity or a subconscious manisfestation...'it' may sometimes be benovelent or sometimes be malnevolent.

whatever keeps YOU grounded!!

~

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Everyone seems to have a different definition of who they feel is "on their side" spiritually, but many people seem to label these helpers differently. So what is your belief?

I like to know that my friends and family are on my side and that there are not too many(if any) people or entities who are not on my side. My spirituality is the part of myself that I consider most sacred but it is me nonetheless. So any situation that I get myself into, good or bad, I don't
praise some other entity for or rely on some other entity to get me out of my own doings. I am responsible for my own actions. I reap what I sow.

Some things that happen are truly out of my hands and sometimes I may call upon another for assistance, strength or appreciation on a given situation.

All in all though, I think it is much greater to know that you, as the sole beneficiary of thineself, possess all the power it takes to survive as a living being. So why not be thankful and proud of who you are, instead praising mythological or unknown beings?......and to answer my own question; because life seems more amazing or fascinating when there are angels, spirit guides, secret helpers or guardians etc..
Yep it sure does.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the opinions stated. I am still quite interested in finding out (from those who believe) the terminology and definitions from others-such as- what defines a spirit guide vs what defines a guardian angel?

example-
Some say your spirit guides are those who you knew in other lives, who stayed on the other side to keep an eye out for you. Others say they are your guardian angels, and everyone has their own. Yet some say, angels one angel tends to many. And so forth...

While I enjoy hearing everyone's varied beliefs on this topic, I am particularly curious to hear from those who believe at least some of these exist, and have communicated with said beings.

St Udio-- This isn't a claim about personal faith or lack there of, simple curiosity, and I am well aware it is considered downright nutty by some, and not shared by many. I am not knocking anyone's religious, personal, or spiritual beliefs in any way. Nor am I making any bold statement of mine (even though I can see how I gave that impression through my original post). The belief I posted earlier, is not one I feel 100% certain about (more a theory at this time), hence why I am curious to see the range of members' ideas pertaining to spiritual beings and the names they have for such entities.

Magestica= I do agree with you, that we are here in the now, and really thats what matters.

I guess I have just read a lot of posts where people mention their guide or angel or those they communicate with and It has me wondering how different people identify and interact with them.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have my Guardian Angel charged to guide me and protect me by God.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels, one in the same. I have personally communicated with my Spirit Guide, and "she" actually "proved" her existence to me in a very strange way. I have limited ability to obtain the deep state I was in when I experienced the communication, but at the time I was asked to get a pen and paper to write, which I did, I have an entire page from this "communication". Believe or not believe, that is up to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I would say we have spirit guides and a guardian angel. I use to not believe in these things untill I met my wife. She actually has a special gift where she can actually hear her spirit guides. I use to think she was nuts, but after the last 12 years I totally believe when she says they tell her something. You wanna know why, because to many times she is right and proves me wrong with what they tell her. And these are many different things. You would think if it was for just one type of situation it might just be coincidence, but it has been many situations, so I am very much a true believer.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
me personally, I believe that there is a higher power than ourselves(God) thats send us angels.
I believe that our guardian angels may nt be seen, bt the angels in which guide us r the people in which we make extremely strong connections, & change our lives.
I believe that older people can b our angels, or younger people. We r all pt on this Earth for a purpose, sum to change others lives.

top topics

join