US deploying troops to 35 African countries

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

US deploying troops to 35 African countries

rt.com

The United States Army will be deploying troops to nearly three-dozen African nations in the coming year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I knew it was sooner or later, after Kony 2012 was a complete wash-out after the documentary took a downward spiral during that guys freak out in the streets + giving Kony the boogieman accreditation that they needed to invade, was totally exposed on many forums like this one and eventually into the MSM.

And you know what? If NATO should be anywhere, it's in Africa protecting villages from savage warloads recruiting these defenceless families.

rt.com

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Africa was always on the list after the Middle East. Its all about control of resources and nothing about looking after the people in said nations. I hope the UK for once does not follow suit.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is just another instance of the USA attempting to wage war on Islam and the nations that support it. This is not much different from how China used force to wipe out buddhist and tibetan history/artifacts/structures. If there is no history for populace to refer to, the only history that exists is what the winners have written.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I knew it was sooner or later, after Kony 2012 was a complete wash-out after the documentary took a downward spiral during that guys freak out in the streets + giving Kony the boogieman accreditation that they needed to invade, was totally exposed on many forums like this one and eventually into the MSM.

And you know what? If NATO should be anywhere, it's in Africa protecting villages from savage warloads recruiting these defenceless families.

rt.com

Hi Cal,

What is upsetting is the fact that NATO are not backing up France totally who have already decided to go ahead and do something (Mali). For the moment all that allied forces are doing is backing up France with logistic support.

I am not looking forward to the outcome over there!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Why should we go to war in Mali, what are the reasons? I don't see any reasons that have anything to do with my country, or any reasons to lead me to believe it is acceptable to lose British lives over Mali.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But, but, but Obama said yesterday a decade of war was coming to an end?

The most warmongering anti-war POTUS ever.
edit on 22-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Glad our countries financial problems are solved and we can afford to go meddling in other countries. Again. Africa has been systematically destroyed through drought and disease over the past century or so. Why stick our nose in now?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
more war for the Nobel peace prize commander in chef. This should be good for another medal.

The hypocrisy is so blinding
edit on 22-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You have to realize the US has a lot of Africam Americans here and they need to help their home country.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hey guys, deploying a handful of advisers is NOT AN INVASION. You guys always overreact whenever there is a new military deployment. They're sending these advisers to help train local troops. I personally think that its an attempt to contain Chinese influence in Africa, but that's just my opinion.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
But, but, but Obama said yesterday a decade of war was coming to an end?

The most warmongering anti-war POTUS ever.
edit on 22-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

and with every end their is a new beginning .

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Mr. Nobel Peace Prize strikes again, eh? :shk:
... don't hold your breath for MSNBC to carry this information ...

Originally posted by Antonio1
Hey guys, deploying a handful of advisers is NOT AN INVASION.

Tell that to the people of Vietnam and North Korea.
It starts with so-called 'advisors' and then moves on from there.

Originally posted by chadderson
This is just another instance of the USA attempting to wage war on Islam ...

Naaaaaaaaah. It's a counter measure to the increased presence of China in Africa.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
US Special Operations has been active in Africa since...like forever.

I personally have been to Sudan, Egypt, Chad, Rwanda, Djibouti and Somalia (briefly over the Ethiopian boarder).

This is nothing new. The news release is though. Usually, while not classified these training and advisory missions are not publicized.

Also, there are numerous contract positions available through DynCorp, XE, G4 MPRI and other companies for trainers and advisors. These are usually filled with retired Field grade and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers. Personally - they don't pay enough for the risk involved.

If we start deploying large formations of Battalion or higher - get worried.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Rodinus

Why should we go to war in Mali, what are the reasons? I don't see any reasons that have anything to do with my country, or any reasons to lead me to believe it is acceptable to lose British lives over Mali.

Gee

Did you ever think that more hollyweird liberals need to purchase dark skinned babies as their accessories?

Dont be so cold and callous.

Who cares if we bomb and destroy and entire nation..

The libs need their swag

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hey guys, deploying a handful of advisers is NOT AN INVASION. You guys always overreact whenever there is a new military deployment. They're sending these advisers to help train local troops. I personally think that its an attempt to contain Chinese influence in Africa, but that's just my opinion.

A US servicemember shopping at the grocery store is enough to convince some around ATS that the military is invoking martial law.

Your opinion is spot on as well.
edit on 22-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: marshall? marshall? Crap, I can't believe I did that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

China.... My first thought as well. Could this be in response to the ghost cities that China has been building in Angola?

Here is a thread authored by Seabag a few months back for those who are not familiar Chinese Ghost Cities Popping Up in.... Africa?

I really don't know much about war strategy etc, just throwing in a coincidence I noticed. Might be something, might be nothing.

~OkieDokie

edit on 22-1-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join