It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DId Obama swear on the Quran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is pure speculation on my part, but it's something I noticed:

At yesterday's inauguration, the media reported that President Obama was taking his oath with TWO bibles, one that allegedly was used by Abraham Lincoln, the other was allegedly Martin Luther King's. The reasoning was that he wanted to honor tradition that way, blah-blah. But what if one of those books was actually not a Bible but the Quran? What if he, being a closet Muslim, refused to swear on the Bible, and so his cronies devised this convenient way out so he could also swear on his own holy book?

If you watched the video of the inauguration, you will have noticed that he didn't place BOTH of his hands on the two "Bibles," but that they were stacked, a smaller book on top of a larger book. The only one he actually touched was the smaller one.

Remember when Obama was sworn in the first time in 2009? He botched the official oath ceremony and "stumbled over his words," as the media said, so that the ceremony had to be repeated later behind closed doors. Is it really believable that such a great orator as Obama can't even remember the few words of the oath of the presidency? Or did he stumble intentionally, so that he could be sworn in on the Quran later?

Just a thought, but I found it very, very strange how this whole thing went down... TWICE now.
edit on 22-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What if you, Silvie, are a reptilian shape-shifter, attempting to suck our souls out of our bodies with posts like these? Pure speculation on my part, but what if?.......

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Does it really matter which one he swore on? Either way, he's swearing on a book of lies.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Well never know what the guys about, hes a fraud but he didnt get that way by his self. There has been a lot of work, most likely by very high profile people to reconstruct and or hide this frauds past.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

like saudi arabia

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He was actually sworn in on Sunday. So, we will never know what he used. (They reported that it was the First Lady's bible.)

E.T.A. I think he is also the first POTUS to be sworn in 4 times in a 2 term run.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
What if you, Silvie, are a reptilian shape-shifter, attempting to suck our souls out of our bodies with posts like these? Pure speculation on my part, but what if?.......

Oh darn, you caught me. Sorry, don't have much time, need to go oil my scales...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

He was asked to sign the MLK bible later for the King family (ergo no mystery)....as to flubbing the words - maybe they should have put the oath up on the Teleprompter.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yea, cuz nothing is ever a mystery with this guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
He should have sworn in on a box of Fruit Loops. There is more truth in the print on a box of cereal.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Since Martin Luther King was a Baptist pastor, I'd hazard to guess that the other book, was a Bible.

As to if it was the Quran, it wouldn't bother me either way. His father was raised muslim was he not? I think our next president should really shake everyone up and swear their oath upon all the faiths of the world. Let's really shake tree!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
seperation of church and state.. .why do they swear on a bible and why does a bible have anything to do with anything?

Not that he would follow anything in the bible anyways, god frowns on murdering children with drones from what I understand.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

It's not so much about being a Muslim, it's about lying about it. And of course it's not just Obama... our entire government (as well as former administrations) is way too secretive and has been proven to lie about all kinds of things -- no wonder conspiracy theories are rampant.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
seperation of church and state.. .why do they swear on a bible and why does a bible have anything to do with anything?

Not that he would follow anything in the bible anyways, god frowns on murdering children with drones from what I understand.

Gee, you think?

Second line

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
oh yah btw for it to count to swear on a bible you have to be a christian and believe in god.. not that I do but if someone that doesn't believe in the book swears on it, it means nothing to them.. Also people act like its some type of lie detector or something so what you cant lie once you swear on it.. right thats why everyone in court tells the truth always right.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It has become evident that regardless of what object politicians use to portray sincerity in 'swearing an oath' it is - nonetheless - theatrical.

"Politicians" are professional celebrities.

I would not care what they 'swore on' one bit... I judge them by what they do.... not the sweet nectar that pours from their lips... nor the qaulity of their marketing efforts and media machinery support.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It has become evident that regardless of what object politicians use to portray sincerity in 'swearing an oath' it is - nonetheless - theatrical.

There ya' go.
Exactly. No matter what he swore on .. he never keeps his promises and he lies and lies.
None of them keep their promises and they all lie .. even with their hand on some religious book. It's all theatre and meaningless anyways ..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

"Politicians" are professional celebrities.

I would not care what they 'swore on' one bit... I judge them by what they do.... not the sweet nectar that pours from their lips... nor the qaulity of their marketing efforts and media machinery support.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Oh Thank You Max ROFL. "sweet nectar", and may the waxy amalgam
quickly gum up the machinery so that even Twelve Pack can discern the
goo job. A very good set of instruments to be sworn in on, if one was truly
sincere and that visibly compromised-- would be a Talmud wrapped in a
fresh copy of the Protocols. But I'm dreaming again. I don't care either, BTW:
these guys and gals all lie for a living now... maybe always have at least
during my lifetime. I say never let a good chrysalis go to waste. I just
wonder what kind of iron-fisted butterfly we're actually going to end up with.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Is there something in the Constitution that says a President must be Christian?

Because to me Separation of Church and State means that a person's religion doesn't matter in executing the office of President of the United States.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
This is pure speculation on my part, but it's something I noticed:

At yesterday's inauguration, the media reported that President Obama was taking his oath with TWO bibles, one that allegedly was used by Abraham Lincoln, the other was allegedly Martin Luther King's. The reasoning was that he wanted to honor tradition that way, blah-blah. But what if one of those books was actually not a Bible but the Quran? What if he, being a closet Muslim, refused to swear on the Bible, and so his cronies devised this convenient way out so he could also swear on his own holy book?

If you watched the video of the inauguration, you will have noticed that he didn't place BOTH of his hands on the two "Bibles," but that they were stacked, a smaller book on top of a larger book. The only one he actually touched was the smaller one.

Remember when Obama was sworn in the first time in 2009? He botched the official oath ceremony and "stumbled over his words," as the media said, so that the ceremony had to be repeated later behind closed doors. Is it really believable that such a great orator as Obama can't even remember the few words of the oath of the presidency? Or did he stumble intentionally, so that he could be sworn in on the Quran later?

Just a thought, but I found it very, very strange how this whole thing went down... TWICE now.

Actually it was Chief Justice John Roberts that "botched" the oath (twice ), in 2009. He twice said the word "faithfully" in the wrong place. It was redone correctly later.

Plus how could Obama have both both hands on the Bibles, when one hand is required to be raised while taking the oath?

edit on 22-1-2013 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join