It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations 8.7 A third of earth, animals and people get wiped out!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not so much interested in the ones that havent happened, more interested in seeing the ones that did.
If it turns out that even a few of them blatantly came true You guys may have yourselves a convert.

Can someone please link or give examples of bible prophecy coming true?
edit on 22/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by DISRAELI
I suggested at least four kinds of event which could account for many of the effects described- super-volcano, asteroid landing, nuclear war, and accumulating industrial pollution.
I made no attempt to decide between them.

Why allegorize just take it as it is literally.

I don't understand that comment.
I looked at the descriptions in the chapter, took them at face value, or close to it, as observable events, and tried to assign real physical causes to them
To me, that is more like taking it literally than taking it allegorically.
If I suggest that a burning mountain falling into the sea might be volcanic, that's taking it fairly literally.
If someone suggests that a falling mountain represents the overthrow of a kingdom, that's more like being "allegorical".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I suggested at least four kinds of event which could account for many of the effects described- super-volcano, asteroid landing, nuclear war, and accumulating industrial pollution.
I made no attempt to decide between them.

Why allegorize just take it as it is literally.

I don't understand that comment.
I looked at the descriptions in the chapter, took them at face value, or close to it, as observable events, and tried to assign real physical causes to them
To me, that is more like taking it literally than taking it allegorically.
If I suggest that a burning mountain falling into the sea might be volcanic, that's taking it fairly literally.
If someone suggests that a falling mountain represents the overthrow of a kingdom, that's more like being "allegorical".

you make it a volcano or some other natural event when the Word says it is God doing it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Not so much interested in the ones that havent happened, more interested in seeing the ones that did.
If it turns out that even a few of them blatantly came true You guys may have yourselves a convert.

I have showed people before but then they come back saying some one after the fact wrote it in there and therefore it is not a prophecy fulfilled but someone with an agneda making it look like it was.

I will look for a link for you that you may look at the ones that have already taken place when you feel like. But you either believe it or not. Yet this ain't Riley's

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

John 14:29(KJV)
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies which were told about the Messiah. When He said the temple would be destroyed, He was referring to His own body, which would be "destroyed" when He was crucified, and would then raise again on the third day. He foretold the destruction of Jerusalem, and that took place in 70 A.D. There are many more prophecies which came true.

But, I know you are asking for more "hands on" (so to speak) examples of prophecy being fulfilled. I have three examples. The example about the 7 year tribulation actually has 6 individual prophecies within itself, as you will see.

www.remnantofgod.org...

www.john1429.org...

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

you make it a volcano or some other natural event when the Word says it is God doing it.

The two don't exclude one another, because God can work through natural events.
When Cyrus decided to release the Jews from exile, that was a natural event, a human political decision (he did the same for the other races the Babylonians exiled) but Isaiah says it was God's doing.
When the High Priest said it was fitting for one man to die for the people, John says he spoke by the Holy Spirit, but this was completely unconscious. As far as the man himself knew, he was just talking practical politics.
Don't underestimate God's ability to work through the natural events of the world.
He can do miracles, but he can work without them as well.
edit on 23-1-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The two don't exclude one another, because God can work through natural events.
When Cyrus decided to release the Jews from exile, that was a natural event, a human political decision (he did the same for the other races the Babylonians exiled) but Isaiah says it was God's doing.
When the High Priest said it was fitting for one man to die for the people, John says he spoke by the Holy Spirit, but this was completely unconscious. As far as the man himself knew, he was just talking practical politics.
Don't underestimate God's ability to work through the natural events of the world.
He can do miracles, but he can work without them as well.

It wont be a natural event that man can blame it on nature. the Scriptures clearly tell Israel that their dispersal to Babylon was because of their disobeying the Law and commandments. this is not just the completing of that wrath but this too is the wrath of god on the heathen

at the halfway point in the Plagues that started in chapter 8 says,

Rev 9:20, 21 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

The last woe brought in is when the Devil comes down and in his anger kills many men.

Re 12:7-9, 12 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.... Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

If it all looks man made or natural then man wont have to repent for it is not because of him.

edit on 23-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

If it blatantly and obviously comes from God, then nobody will refuse to repent.
It's the ambiguity that leaves it open for people to decide what they prefer to believe, and that preference is what brings them under judgement.
Think of the Babylonian destruction of the kingdom of Judah; that was a natural political event, but for those with faith, like Daniel, it was the act of God and a reason for repentance.
You are trying to limit God's action in the world to the obviously miraculous. God's work in the world is more extensive than that, and much more subtle.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If it blatantly and obviously comes from God, then nobody will refuse to repent.
It's the ambiguity that leaves it open for people to decide what they prefer to believe, and that preference is what brings them under judgement.
Think of the Babylonian destruction of the kingdom of Judah; that was a natural political event, but for those with faith, like Daniel, it was the act of God and a reason for repentance.
You are trying to limit God's action in the world to the obviously miraculous. God's work in the world is more extensive than that, and much more subtle.

Oh yes they will for many of them would have taken the mark by the last 3 1/2 years of the 7 years of the Wrath of God. Rev15:1 tells us it is the wrath of God.

you either believe God's words as they are found in his preserved, whole and complete Holy Bible literally that there are Horsemen, devilish Locust like scorpions, and that trumpets will sound and Angels will deliver the plagues or you don't. You either believe the Lamb has seven horns and seven eyes, that the four beast with four faces are covered in eyes or don't.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

reply to post by Revolution9

Well if you are the Body of Christ (a spiritual body not a physical entity) you will be gone before this ever takes place. for if you are a believer you were saved from the wrath of God by Christ.

I love the idea of pre-tribbing!! However,I have a question for you!

How would it effect your faith if you witnessed one of these terrible things happening......Or when you realized that the interesting man on the evening newscast was "the man of perdition."

Does that change the way you feel about the big picture??

here is the truth of Pre-trib that some do not beleive

The problem some Christians run into is that they do not believe the Holy Bible in that Jesus took all the wrath of God that would be toward us not only on earth but in hell when He died on the cross in our place. First let’s look at John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. This verse let’s us know that the believer no longer has the wrath of God on him because of the work of Christ. Jesus not only took our condemnation unto death but he bore the wrath of god ofr us so that we are no longer under God’s wrath. Paul taught this we are saved from wrath Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. He also told the church in Thessalonia 1Thess 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. Now this one is important for the wrath to come was both the tribulation if you were Alive when he comes or Dead you would not go to hell which is the eternal wrath of God. Also in 1Thess 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, it seems to be very clear that those whom are saved are no longer appointed to wrath because of what Christ did. That being true then surely the church shall not go into the Tribulation. If any believed in Christ suffers through any of the seal, trumpet or vial judgements found in the book of Revelation then God lied when he inspired these words to Paul.

God has to remove us before the great tribulation the day of God's wrath because Jesus Christ not only bore our required death (the soul that sinneth shall die) he also took the earthly wrath (punishment in being wiped, scorned, spat on, and tortured), he also went to hell which is the eternal part to God's wrath. His righteousness kept him from truly dying and on the third day rose again as he said he would.

All the wrath of God was carried on Christ finished work of cross by his substitutionary death, burial and resurrection. Christians sill not go through the Trib because it is:

Isa 13:6 ¶ Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

you either believe God's words as they are found in his preserved, whole and complete Holy Bible literally... or you don't You either believe the Lamb has seven horns and seven eyes, that the four beast with four faces are covered in eyes or don't.

Let me ask you a question.
When Jesus tells his disciples that he is sending them out into the harvest, do you take that literally?
If you're going to be consistent with your position, you're committed to believing that he gave each one a sickle and told them to walk out into the whitened fields next to the path and start chopping down wheat-stalks. That's what "literally" means, when you're talking about harvest..
As that example shows, there are times when language is simply NOT MEANT to be taken literally, even when God is using it.
If you ask a man how his wife is coping with the death of a child, and he tells you that "She lost her head and went to pieces", I would certainly advise you not to respond by taking that statement literally. Literal interpretation of everything is not how language works.

You who insist on the letter of the word, have you not read what Paul says?
"THE LETTER KILLS, THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE".- 2 Corinthians ch3 cv6
Insisting on the letter of the word is just as legalistic and unspiritual as insisting on the letter of the law.
You need to have some Faith and read God's words through the Spirit, not through the letter.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

you either believe God's words as they are found in his preserved, whole and complete Holy Bible literally... or you don't You either believe the Lamb has seven horns and seven eyes, that the four beast with four faces are covered in eyes or don't.

Let me ask you a question.
When Jesus tells his disciples that he is sending them out into the harvest, do you take that literally?
If you're going to be consistent with your position, you're committed to believing that he gave each one a sickle and told them to walk out into the whitened fields next to the path and start chopping down wheat-stalks. That's what "literally" means, when you're talking about harvest..
As that example shows, there are times when language is simply NOT MEANT to be taken literally, even when God is using it.
If you ask a man how his wife is coping with the death of a child, and he tells you that "She lost her head and went to pieces", I would certainly advise you not to respond by taking that statement literally. Literal interpretation of everything is not how language works.

the context tells you and what the harvest is. Remember the Holy Bible interprets itself, it has a built in dictionary for defining the words and has cross reference system so you can interpret correctly. If your Bible does not do this then you dont' have a whole, complete and preserved Holy Bible (that is another subject). consider these verses for understanding what the field and harvest are;

Mt 13:24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. . .

Now the interpretation:

Mt 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

now read

Mt 9:35 ¶ And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Now while these are differnet times the bible still carries the interpretation of who is the harvest and what is sown. also read Matthew 13 and tell me if you see where Jesus Interprets the parable and you can see what is the seed who is the field and of course their is a harvest. It would be those who hear the word with a good heart would it not?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Figures of speech do not mean that it is something else "like she lost here head" the context tells you what it meant.

and in Rev it reveals all sorts of weird creatures we have never seen but just because something that is described there does not fit into our observable earth does not mean that those creatures do not exist.

If you do a study angels in the Bible are always described as men. they are never described with having wings. Why is it people describe angels as looking like women with white stork wings?

Cherubims are described with more than one set of wings four faces and legs of an ox and covered with eyes. Just because nothing in our known universe ever looked like this or we have never seen these does not mean they are not real and therefore need to be allegorical into something else.

here is some more understanding www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

On the question of the seven eyes and horns, here is some more understanding;

Revelation; The Lamb and the Scroll

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You do realise that there is a VERY HIGH probability that such things are fantasy? The Bible is a bunch of stories written by ancient man for the purpose of Scaring the Hell out of People...Old Testament...for the purpose of keeping people in line as at the time they were so out of control...anything was preferable to the actions of Humanity.

Then as thousands of years past...The New Testament was put together and was very different from the original Bible. This reflected the Mental Evolution of Man and thus a more intelligent and comprehensive Book was needed as people became smart enough to doubt any GOD that used Power and Vengence as a way to control the faithful.

Both Bibles existed and were created for the purpose of teaching people lessons. But the thing is in the New Testament there is not one single original text or Gospel that exists that was the actual hand written words of any of the Apostles.

The New Testaments Gospels were written by various men of Religion such as Monks and men of Theology. They wrote the Gospels from the passed down stories or used the writtings of those before them that were labeled as the Gospel of John and the like.

As well it is the Church that decided what Gospels and Religious Text could or could not be placed into the Bible and the New Testament does not contain the Gospels of Judas and Mary Magdelyne. The Church would not allow these to be placed in the New Testament as both Mary and Judas as well as others...wrote that Jesus taught that ANYONE could become the Son or Daughter of GOD as long as they followed and practiced his teachings. The four other Apostles Gospels in the New Testament said that Jesus was the ACTUAL SON OF GOD. Anyone can see why the Church had an issue and would not allow conflicting stories in the New Testament.

Still one has to understand that Faith is about finding TRUTH NOT FACT. Facts tend to play havoc with Religion.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

the Bible does nothing to keep people in line.

As a matter of fact guns and swords would do a better job at that.

it would seem that many more people believe in Aliens yet no evidence has been seen to support the actual existence of aliens. Yet the whole alien's are out there was concocted by a bunch of men to keep people in control.

edit on 24-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Jesus said only a few will make it, is the rapture happens already and we are left behind? Noooooooo echo echo echo

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

it would seem that many more people believe in Aliens yet no evidence has been seen to support the actual existence of aliens. Yet the whole alien's are out there was concocted by a bunch of men to keep people in control.

LOL!

Are you serious!?

The Bible and Religions of...have been a source of CONTROL over people for thousands of years and are a hell of a lot more capable for maintaining control of any given population than any number of swords or guns. As an example just look at the Crusades or the multitude of wars and other violent events thoughout History that were caused by Religion and belief in the Bible.

Swords and Guns may be the tools but Religion has always been the cause and motivating factor in such catastrophes.

Split Infinity

p.s....You are incorrect in saying there is no evidence to support the existence of Aliens. The current evidence that is available...never mind the tangible evidence which is Classified...is more than enough to be ruled as sufficient Proof in any court of law in the World.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
sorry, how can i believe in a mythical god, that has less control of his emotional state than i do.
i'm not a big believer in killing another human being and damning them to hell for all of eternity, who doesn't "believe" everything i say

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

LOL!

Are you serious!?

The Bible and Religions of...have been a source of CONTROL over people for thousands of years and are a hell of a lot more capable for maintaining control of any given population than any number of swords or guns. As an example just look at the Crusades or the multitude of wars and other violent events thoughout History that were caused by Religion and belief in the Bible.

Swords and Guns may be the tools but Religion has always been the cause and motivating factor in such catastrophes.

Split Infinity

p.s....You are incorrect in saying there is no evidence to support the existence of Aliens. The current evidence that is available...never mind the tangible evidence which is Classified...is more than enough to be ruled as sufficient Proof in any court of law in the World.

Only where those religions have been enforced with swords and guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join