It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations 8.7 A third of earth, animals and people get wiped out!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
"The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up."

Scary stuff! I was wondering what you guys think about this. Do you believe it? Do you think it is all nonsense? Or do you worry about this unfolding?

Well I know my Bible reasonably well and I would say that pretty much every Prophesy uttered in those texts, from Enoch The Scribe to St John of Patmos, came to pass.

Did St. John just write that stuff for fun? Was he completely mad and delusional, or what we would call so today?

Before I was idealistic about this world. I dreamed that we could change the world by trying. I did try pretty hard, but these days I know that there is no stopping the tide of destruction humans will bring upon themselves.

As an observer I am watching it dying through my own generation. May be, contrary to other interpretations of this particular Prophesy, it is not a comet that wipes out a third of the earth, but our own destructive nature. Perhaps we are the plague and all The Creator does is turn His Face away and that is what happens when He does not watch over us.

Is this what a Godless earth will be?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Well if you are the Body of Christ (a spiritual body not a physical entity) you will be gone before this ever takes place. for if you are a believer you were saved from the wrath of God by Christ.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was reading the bible the other day and its guides on how to deal with problems like skin ulcers etc... It basically had something about a couple of birds, a stick of wood,a ball of yarn. You had to kill one bird and dip the wood and yarn plus the living bird in the dead birds blood and finally set the bloody headed bird free. This had to be done with a priest present and you had to give the guy some grain or something.

This reading experience just confirmed what a load of old crap that this book was spouting, so I wouldn't put any trust in the bible atall.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Well if you are the Body of Christ (a spiritual body not a physical entity) you will be gone before this ever takes place. for if you are a believer you were saved from the wrath of God by Christ.

I love the idea of pre-tribbing!! However,I have a question for you!

How would it effect your faith if you witnessed one of these terrible things happening......Or when you realized that the interesting man on the evening newscast was "the man of perdition."

Does that change the way you feel about the big picture??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I am a believer, but very humble these days! I guess those of us who believe in Christ know that even aspects of our own behaviour offends us and Christ. It's a tough old road, narrow The Way! So narrow it is like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle!

I always am reminded that constantly GOD tells us that if we turn away from evil He can restore us.

You know the bit about being a haughty generation, ripe for Judgement, lol!

"If they will see with their eyes and hear with their ears then I will heal them".

Makes me feel like shouting "Repent, Repent, The Kingdom is at hand"!

That's all I got left in my armoury these days!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I looked over that chapter in my thread;
Revelation; Battered planet

I would say, look at the chapter as a whole rather than one verse.
If you take the first four trunpets (and the first four vials) together, you'll see that the second deals with the impact of something on the sea, the third deals with the impact on the land, and the third deals with the impact on the atmosphere.
In other words, this whole chapter 8 looks like one major disaster seen from several different angles.

I suggested at least four kinds of event which could account for many of the effects described- super-volcano, asteroid landing, nuclear war, and accumulating industrial pollution.
I made no attempt to decide between them.

edit on 22-1-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If these holy books were so good at predicting future events couldn't they have at least put a time frame on when they may happen?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Life seems almost godless now...people are losing faith and or choosing just simply not to care anymore...when that happens things get messed up

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
I was reading the bible the other day and its guides on how to deal with problems like skin ulcers etc... It basically had something about a couple of birds, a stick of wood,a ball of yarn. You had to kill one bird and dip the wood and yarn plus the living bird in the dead birds blood and finally set the bloody headed bird free. This had to be done with a priest present and you had to give the guy some grain or something.

This reading experience just confirmed what a load of old crap that this book was spouting, so I wouldn't put any trust in the bible atall.

Yes, we all did crazy stuff like rip hearts out of sacrificial victims, put our first born on the fire for Ba'al and stuff like that!

However, the Hebrews were forbidden to participate in the human blood rituals except for the last one...CHRIST!

We Christians believe that part of what Christ did was take away the need for blood letting. He was the last sacrifice, so that we did not need any longer to shed the blood of people and animals as spiritual sacrifices!

We were all at it, my friend; the whole world over! The Hebrews just did it with animals, except when they slipped up sometimes and had to be reminded.

We are still at it, my friend. Think of all the young men we "sacrifice" in wars!!! You heard the politicians use that word lots in their speeches!

No NEED for it though!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

If you take the first four trunpets (and the first four vials) together, you'll see that the second deals with the impact of something on the sea, the third deals with the impact on the land, and the third deals with the impact on the atmosphere.
In other words, this whole chapter 8 looks like one major disaster seen from several different angles.

I suggested at least four kinds of event which could account for many of the effects described- super-volcano, asteroid landing, nuclear war, and accumulating industrial pollution.

Thank you! I will read that! Give me ten mins!

I agree with you totally! The whole thing falls apart, our own nature and nature around us, too!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
If these holy books were so good at predicting future events couldn't they have at least put a time frame on when they may happen?

Bless! Yes, it is very inconvenient, we may have other appointments in our diaries that day!

What more can I say! You made me laugh!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Im not a fan of organised religion and try to keep away from these threads but something in your OP made me post.

You say all bible prophecies have come true, I was only aware of the one that Jesus made regarding the destruction of the temple and that didnt come true.

What prophecies are you referring to?

Edit: not trolling, Im genuinely curious and open minded in regard to this type of stuff

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im not a fan of organised religion and try to keep away from these threads but something in your OP made me post.

You say all bible prophecies have come true, I was only aware of the one that Jesus made regarding the destruction of the temple and that didnt come true.

Edit: not trolling, Im genuinely curious and open minded in regard to this type of stuff

Oh come on, there are so many that came true!

The Temple was destroyed as Jesus predicted, with in the life times of those who witnessed His life.

You KNOW that there are also Prophesies about the Third Temple, too; the one that is coming!

Daniel predicted the time the Messiah would come. That is why the Jews were full of Messianic fever with John The Baptist; the Jews were expecting Him; they just did not recognise Him because He was so revolutionary and different to what they were expecting! He "turned the tables" so to speak.

I can list so many more O.T Prophesies about Christ, but because you don't believe you will use every word to argue the toss about it! That would be wasted time for us both, would it not?
edit on 22-1-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

If you feel that way OK

If you had of posted them I wasnt going to even respond other than to say thanks and do some personal research.

Mother Shipton, Nostradamus, Saint Malachy etc etc were all interesting.

If you genuinely have examples of biblical prophecy coming true Id like to read more about it, OT or NT I dont mind.

Once again the intention isnt to troll I was just curious

EDIT: wasnt the temples destruction meant to herald the end of the world?
edit on 22/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

I love the idea of pre-tribbing!! However,I have a question for you!

How would it effect your faith if you witnessed one of these terrible things happening......Or when you realized that the interesting man on the evening newscast was "the man of perdition."

Does that change the way you feel about the big picture??

sure it would.

I would learn that God was unable to keep his word and is not worthy to be trusted.

Having said that, All of God's words are true everyone and he will fulfill them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I am a believer, but very humble these days! I guess those of us who believe in Christ know that even aspects of our own behaviour offends us and Christ. It's a tough old road, narrow The Way! So narrow it is like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle!

I always am reminded that constantly GOD tells us that if we turn away from evil He can restore us.

You know the bit about being a haughty generation, ripe for Judgement, lol!

"If they will see with their eyes and hear with their ears then I will heal them".

Makes me feel like shouting "Repent, Repent, The Kingdom is at hand"!

That's all I got left in my armoury these days!!!

Hee Hee love ya bro

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Why allegorize just take it as it is literally.

edit on 22-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga

They did but you are blind to it

edit on 22-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by lewman

Yes, we all did crazy stuff like rip hearts out of sacrificial victims, put our first born on the fire for Ba'al and stuff like that!

However, the Hebrews were forbidden to participate in the human blood rituals except for the last one...CHRIST!

We Christians believe that part of what Christ did was take away the need for blood letting. He was the last sacrifice, so that we did not need any longer to shed the blood of people and animals as spiritual sacrifices!

We were all at it, my friend; the whole world over! The Hebrews just did it with animals, except when they slipped up sometimes and had to be reminded.

We are still at it, my friend. Think of all the young men we "sacrifice" in wars!!! You heard the politicians use that word lots in their speeches!

No NEED for it though!

One problem there will still be sacrifices, oblations and offerings during the millennial kingdom.

What are those for?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

There are still about 600 more prophecies that are yet to come about and all of them during the Great Tribulation the Day of the Lord great wrath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join