It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it's like to be a schizophrenic with auditory hallucinations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Explanation: S&F!

Here is another video ... TAKE THE WARNING AT THE BEGINNING VERY SERIOUSLY!

DO NOT CONTINUE WATCHING if it starts to upset you in anyway and I am available via u2u for debriefings ok! @yourownrisk!

Personal Disclosure: I have suffered with malady for 25yrs of my 40yr life!

Consider this: The phrases are important here. Forget the psych 101 for a moment and simply listen to what is being "said" in the video. They are directives, people (voices) are talking to this person in a very specific way, very specific. Now, ignore the fact that you can't hear them for a moment and assume you can - who's talking? Why are they only, exclusively, saying negative things? Why are there no folks hearing "you are wonderful" types of phrases?

The problem with all psych diagnosis is it ASSUMES that because the rube in the freud chair "can't hear" the voices that the voices are not happening. The voices are happening, they are being directed from another "place" and they are designed to hurt, study what is being said as this is the clue.

Next. Assume you "hate" you neighbor, the person in the video. Assume you hate him a whole lot, like more then anything ever, so you decided to get him, get him good. You set up a system of shortwave radio systems that will simply broadcast hateful messages in his head - just like the new public area ads can do in certain cities, only these will be just for your horrible neighbor. So you set up the system and turn it on. You broadcast most of the time, but not all of the time, as you don't want him dead, but enough to really make him crazy. You laugh when he goes to the doctor and doctor tells him he's crazy - those days are the best, as you know he isn't, he's just being attacked by you.

Next. Most know so little about the reality you live in as to be shockingly ignorant, but most assume they know everything. Assume there is a world of "demons" or "unpleasant beings" who reside just out of most people's frequency range of perception. They are "just over there" and these folks, are the angry neighbor, folks who HATE humans, and some humans that hate even more then others. They, like little gangs, are attracted to, or assigned to, certain people, and it is there job to yell at them all the time, yelling hateful things, mean things, angry things and never, never, nice things.

Now, are the folks who "hear the voices" crazy or are the folks who believe there are no voices crazy?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

It brings to mind, another thread posted recently about the Ancient Alien's, Einstein episode.

Almost all of the geniuses mentioned on the show all claimed that they were tapping into something "else". That something outside of themselves was speaking to them or teaching them, or showing them information.

So I'd hazard to guess that it's the latter. Psychology is wrong in assuming that the voices are hallucinations and not actual.

I think, when mankind turned it's back on the spiritual aspects of our existence, opting instead, to focus and favor the material world, we stopped teaching our children how to effectively deal with open channels and psychic ability. Some who are sensitive or open to these channels are lost, because we stopped teaching our children, that other realities - other than our own - exist. And that some people can tap into those unseen dimensions parallel to our own.

In the past, when our mysteries schools were in place and accepted. There was a place for these people to turn - to effectively learn how to deal with their gifts. That openly accepted the possibility that there was more to reality than we've already got figured out.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
i dont hear them like that, just whispering, nothing that can be picked out or distinctive voices, and ill hear muisic

Ya I wasn't going to say anything but I will totally agree with you on the voices and music I have the same issues(whatever it is) very soft and can't really make out what they are saying.. I have yet to watch the vids but I will

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
.... I shouldn't have listened to that while I'm in sitting alone in the dark... weird.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When i was seeing a psychologist years ago, i became friends with a salvation army officer who worked with people with mental illnesses. She became like an guardian angel for me.

She warned me on a number of occasions never to get hooked on drugs. She went on to say that she's seen a lot of people turned into schizophrenics by excessive drug use, and she didn't want me ending up like that.

By pure coincidence i was in seeing the shrink one day and when i came out of his office, my new next door neighbour was talking to my Salvo friend. The guy seemed alright, i had talked to him on a few occasions. Anyway I asked him what he was doing here, and he said jokingly "I'm a schizo" .

He told me his story. In his younger days he smoked weed all day, everyday. After a while eventually the hallucinations wouldn't stop, and he ended up being diagnosed as being in a permanent state of psychosis. Curiously i asked him what it was like. He said voices would tell him to blow stuff up, and how he could 'see the music' coming from his stereo. He was sure someone was rearranging his coffee table when his back was turned (he lived alone), and he couldn't talk to certain people because he was convinced they were evil and plotting against him.

Ten years later and we're still good friends, although he has to take drugs for the rest of life to stop the symptoms. I know not all Schizophrenics are that way due to drugs ( trauma and genetics can cause it too) but it is a cautionary tale of what happens when you don't take things in moderation.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Have any of you ever heard the term Audiovoyant or Clairaudient? It's similar to being Clairvoyant. I've done alot of reading about it. I have also heard of technology that can do similar things. Some people are more in tune than others with the "other side" or other "dimension". I think if you are a strong spiritual person afflicted with this "gift", they may be more positive, but still somewhat irritating. You learn to tune them out after awhile and it's scary at first. I believe in God, so I think of them as Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels, or even Spirits that have not past over. Some are more powerful than others. You have to know that you are more powerful than them. ESP has run in my family, but it's something no one will really ever talk about or admit. This is only my experience so I can't speak for others. So long as they are kind and caring. I wouldn't worry much about it. Some of them are helpful and are looking out for you. I would compare it to,.. someone who can see spirits and communicate with them, but instead of seeing, you hear it and psychically communicate. I feel like I'm opening a big can of worms here, and somewhat reluctant to discuss this, but, If it can help someone out,.. good deal. It's pretty hard to discuss these things with anyone, without the stigma attached to it, or without someone recommending a pill be shoved down your throat. I hope that made sense to some of ya. I do understand that some cases are severely different than others. Science cannot explain everything. I suppose that's what ATS is for, lol...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I had to stop the video, it kind of freaked me out being I'm alone in the dark right now, before bedtime.
I cannot imagine how terrible they would feel having to hear voices like that.

If the voices are imaginary , where do the actual words of what they say come from? Is that what the person with skitzophrenia is subconsciously telling themselves? Perhaps words that have been said to them by cruel people. I would think low self worth is present in the person from taking a hammering by cruel people. I don't believe anybody is born depressed. It develops from how they've been treated. It might worsen with psycotropic meds.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by Mr Headshot

The other day I watched a documentary about people that claim to be targeted individuals. Some of them hear voices. I was wondering if there could be a link between electromagnetic waves sensitivity and hearing voices. Could schizophrenia be more than just a chemical imbalance and closer to being a sensitivity?

Science can neither confirm nor deny 'voices in the head'...
The popular 'diagnosis' though, from medical and non-medical 'experts' and armchair psychologists, is schizophrenia...

It is foolish or convenient, to attribute the phenomena holus bolus to a diagnosis of schizophrenia...

A99

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Very disturbing. Sounds like demonic possession to me!

That's exactly what it is. But the medical industry will never admit the spirit world exists, so they have no choice but to come up with an alternative explanation.

Dark spirits are doing this and they get worse as time goes on. Eventually, they will tell you to kill yourself or your loved ones.

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
When i did my nursing rounds in mental health, I worked with a few schizophrenic afflicted patients. One of the few times I was attacked as a nurse. What amazed me, is the patient was quite smaller than I was and their strength overthrew me!

Another common symptom of possession.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I just came out of the psychiatry with the diagnosis schizofrenia. I can tell you that the voices are almost like shown in the video but it is more like you are hearing them from a room next door. When I first heard the voices I had various strange ideas pop into my head. I thought that the secret service is spying on me with remote neural monitoring and for some reason I can hear them. They threatened to kill me various times because I knew about their technology. Interesting times..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
My mom has had visual and auditory hallucinations for as long as I can remember. From what she has told me (and I know this isn't everything), they berate her and on occasion have told her to harm others, which she has never acted on. But she is a high-functioning schizophrenic. Only gets bad when she is stressed out; very manageable otherwise.

When her vibration is low? That's because she's more in tune with them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
She warned me on a number of occasions never to get hooked on drugs. She went on to say that she's seen a lot of people turned into schizophrenics by excessive drug use, and she didn't want me ending up like that.

You will find that a lot of heavy drug users will say that when they're high, the voices go away. It's when they start coming down the voices start again.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think it is very interesting that in the first video some of that sounds like news, because I have started hearing things in that last couple of years but it's not like this exactly. I hear the radio but I KNOW it comes through certain electronics, there's no doubt about it. I do believe that some people can be very sensitive to picking up signals. I DO believe that some people are implanted & I would advise any one who is hearing things to have xrays done done looking for implants because I found one in very early adulthood. I am pretty certain a doctor placed inside of me, who also happened to give me 2 pelvic exams that lasted, collectively, over 30 min in 1 day. Looking back & knowing more about sex, I'm pretty sure he was molesting me & attempting to be very sly about it reassuring me the whole time he was just "looking for any signs of problems"

there is definitely something going on in our society. Other people are finding these implants & if you are targeted for harassment, I'm certain they would only make the voices louder, as if they were coming from inside your skull.

YEAH, My heater plays the radio & there is another voice that I recognize VERY much but he is distant & unclear most of the time. He is much nicer to me than this crap in these videos & I'm pretty sure I hear other languages, but I am unfamiliar with the languages, so what I hear is more verbal gestures than anything but they are usually of reassurance. I believe the one who talks to me most is my visitor who was in my kitchen one night when I was 5. He appeared to be the classic example of a grey ET. I have also had multiple other sightings & so have people around me.

Now... that is NOT to say that I have never heard a negative voice, because I have. I have heard sneers & things like this but it rare & I find them pretty easy to circumvent. They are much easier to drown out by focusing on the ones who I know in my heart of are a good spiritual nature. They have even tried to MOCK this voice but the vibrations are simply unmatched. We all have SPECIFIC energy signatures. it is even in our voices, that is why they can do voice analysis & differentiate one person's voice from another. You can become very observant of these things by quieting yourself, seeking inner calm & desiring to observe subtle frequencies.

This is world of EXTREMELY LOW FREQUENCIES & you might as well get used to it because it has become a weapon. They have been studying this crap for decades. Here's what is most startling. the people who they dub as schizo... in my opinion, some may have a true brain disease but i FIRMLY believe that many of these people are picking up signals, & they could be targets for harassment or they could be completely random & picking up TV or radio signals from thin air.

the scary part is that people can receive suggestions in their brains that make them do insane crap, yet they hear NOTHING because they have not yet become sensitized to it. It is claimed (& I firmly believe this) that they will act out these suggestions, without ever hearing it even though it is an EXTERNAL SIGNAL.

We are going through a severe growing pain in our world of tech & EMF. FACE IT!
This is also why so many people have cancer. Even our dogs get cancer.

It's actually BETTER to hear it, get used to it and try to confront it without acting unreasonable. NEVER do what the voices tell you to do! DO NOT SIMPLY BELIEVE THEM. The worst you can do is become frightened!

I'm also pretty certain that I pick up on bad signals from others that are not so much technological, but when i am around shady people, or manipulative people.. I become depressed.

That is generally the ONLY time I become depressed. It's rare but when this happens, my mind will start going in loops like this, thinking about suicide.

however, once I identify the culprit, it starts to abate.

this is why I say & will CONTINUE 7hat demonic energy flows & jumps from other people.

If you observe, you'll begin to see it because people will say things to you that you are not so sure about as being full of hate, so your brain is telling you it's ok, but your gut may feel sensations, like nausea or burning, or if you have unknowingly adapted to it, you may simply feel there is just something wrong, but you can't put your finger on it.

Don't act on mere feelings but DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF just because you have started feeling abnormal or are feeling weird sensations like burning. Open your mind, give benefit of the doubt to others where due, put your best foot forward & OBSERVE. You may learn a great deal about how spiritual energy can genuinely effect you.

I know it is simulated but did you notice that while all these voices are saying so many negative things & all this chatter is going on, there is one small voice in the background, like a child whose tone sounds more empathetic. What if that is one's own inner child trying meekly to distract one from the other voices?

Open your mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by sebHFX

I think there could be more to it than what science accepts currently.

I tend to lean more to the way of demonic possession, but I suppose one theory as is good as the next. You may be onto something, honestly though. It has been proposed that schizophrenia is a modern phenomenon. There are very few cases documented until the 1900's. Maybe none before the 1800's.

That's because for a very long time almost all mental illness was considered the result of demonic possession. The mentally ill, we're treated absolutely terrible for a long time as well. They really didn't care what the disorder/problem was, you were just nuts, and they put you away for life.

Human history is rather sickening by many of our standards today, we seemed to develop a "heart" rather late in our evolutionary chain.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

And yet when it comes to psychiatric ailments we still live with mythology re their root cause...I'm thinking bio-chemical imbalance for a start. That theory was disproved in the late 80's and yet is still used as a marketing tool by the pharmaceutical industry.

I have met women in psychiatric hospitals who couldn't hold their tongues in their mouths because of over medication. Institutionalised for their whole lives because they had a baby as a teenager - they were subsequently marked as social deviants and given medication to 'fix' them. Of course these ladies are all dead now - but while they were alive psychiatry learned a whole lot about how the medications affect the body.

edit on 23-1-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Although the OP audio link was OK... (i can associate with 2 segments... the 1:00~ & the 3:00~ times for the kinds of audios i frequently deal with)

i might save the YT link.. but i prefer the www.ektoplazm.com link with their eclectic music better...its quite relaxing

i wonder if there's any audios of bells, chimes. even birds chirping available...
because i hear those sounds the other 50% of the time... and the sounds almost become a symphony of music, usually lasting for 1/2 hr to several hours long...

-if i seek to analyse the sounds, i guess my own brain fills in any of the blank spots...
but i am satisified that the audios i hear are not as disjointed as the attemped reproductions in the OP link...

i am confident that the voices, sounds i hear are full, complete and have a symmetry, like a song or a discourse
(i long ago gave up trying to decipher the 'messages' and just go-with-the-flow & expect the flow of words/telepathic thoughts/etheral music.....to just be there)

bottom line... don't overly react to the auditory things you hear in your head...take them in stride...
i sort of think that over the years i allow and encouraged some voices/sounds to take up residence in my psyche which has kept the others (evil/demonic/destructive sounds) out of my mind/psyche...

edit on 23-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by Mads1987

That's interesting, the time aspect. I never heard that. I heard the theory of cat poo.The Toxoplasmosis and Schizophrenia link.

tht cat disease that human s get as a brain parasite... & mice get so they are attracted to cats...

has no connection to schizo. my wife and daughter both have that brain parasite that makes cats seem adorable...
there are 3 cat boxes in their food prep area (in the dining room) seperated by only an island countertop from the cooking area !~
the present 8 cats is a pretty low count, usually there are 12-15 cats free-ranging the house (except my private efficiency apt. with-in the house)

i think that schizo and Toxo G. are mutually exclusive, but my daughter comes closest with having both Toxo G & being manic-depressive / bi-polar... which is just as disruptive to sane life as schizophrenia

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
could it be that everyone who hears things is chipped by someone. When i was being attacked they kep making my heart feel like they were dropping things into it. And i also experienced talking to the chips as they shut down. The thing about this is that it got quiet and affected the sound of the voices. Then I started controlling the sound using different methods.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Science can neither confirm nor deny 'voices in the head'...

Ding ding ding.

That's why I don't buy it one bit.

I have heard a thousand arguments and none have convinced me yet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join