It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it's like to be a schizophrenic with auditory hallucinations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

i dont hear them like that, just whispering, nothing that can be picked out or distinctive voices, and ill hear muisic.

Is the whispering getting louder over time? Is it continuous or only at certian times? What kind of music?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever read involving psychological diagnosis!

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read involving any topic found at Abovetopsecret.com!

**Disclaimer** Please disregard if you are indeed the leading authority for Schizophrenia.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Is the whispering getting louder over time? Is it continuous or only at certian times? What kind of music?

the whispering hasnt changed in the years ive heard it, its like being in a ball game, hearing the crowd, you cant pick out individual voices, the music i cant explain, it goes from something like classical to modern pop, but nothing ive ever heard before, and never repeats itself

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements i have ever read involving psychological diagnosis!

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read involving any topic found at Abovetopsecret.com!

**Disclaimer** Please disregard if you are indeed the leading authority for Schizophrenia.

So then do you find it accurate that anyone who can not pinpoint someone's age is schizophrenic as people like to call it?

if so then you are schizophrenic as the next person who cannot accurately identify someones age.

For more on the topic why don't you click my link Brain Bugs!
edit on 22-1-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

the whispering hasnt changed in the years ive heard it, its like being in a ball game, hearing the crowd, you cant pick out individual voices, the music i cant explain, it goes from something like classical to modern pop, but nothing ive ever heard before, and never repeats itself.

So you are able to function without meds and it never becomes bothersome? I have ringing in my ears (from shooting) that I can hear when I tune to it. Generally it doesn't bother me though. Its "background" like city noise. You get used to it.

Like that?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

exactly like that

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

double post
edit on 1/22/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So then do you find it accurate that anyone who can not pinpoint someone's age is schizophrenic as people like to call it?

if so then you are schizophrenic as the next person who cannot accurately identify someones age.

For more on the topic why don't you click my link Brain Bugs!

I find it accurate that some people cannot easily determine the age of another person. I do not believe that all of them would perfectly fit a schizophrenia diagnosis. Likewise, not all people who experience hallucinations are schizophrenic.

I'm going to take a look at your link, but I think that I already know some of the information that I will find there. With that, I'll further add that not all people who exhibit " symptom A, B, C, D, or X " are infested with brain parasites.

I said your statement is ignorant for one reason. You said the other statement was stupid, without providing even marginal evidence of the stupidity.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman
reply to post by Mr Headshot

About 10 years ago I had called into my then local pub for an early evening swifty. The place was almost empty, the barman served me, then apologised for not staying to chat, he had to keep his eye on 'one of our more difficult customers' or some such similar. Shortly afterwards, this youngish bloke came into the room I was in. He seemed to be quietly having a conversation with himself, and he slowly made his way round the edge of the room in this fashion. Having assessed that he seemed harmless enough, I got back to my pint. I then realised I had left my cigarettes at home, and in the instant I thought this, the guy made a beeline towards me, took a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket and offered me one. I took one and thanked him, and off he went again with his conversation. He then went to the slot-machine, put a pound in, pressed 'play', and dropped the jackpot first hit. £20 I think.
It was a surreal moment, and it left me wondering if the voices, in his case at least, might be the thoughts of everyone around he was picking up telepathically. I listened to half of the clip in your OP, and particularly the negative critical type voices, could sound like the thoughts of a 'normal' person observing and judging someone who is obviously 'mentally ill'. Mixed in with random unconnected stuff, someone nearby worrying about his stocks and shares etc.
Fascinating gadget, the brain, and even though it is what we think with, we probably know more about Mars than how it works.

Interesting story, yes maybe, when one part of the brain shuts down, it seems likely another area my be used to try and take it's place. I have little doubt 'thoughts' seem to be carried electrically, perhaps it's possible the person you mentioned is succeptable to these transmissions. A romantic notion I guess, but as you said the brain/spirit/mind is still poorly understood overall, I know of a person who is slightly autistic who was originally diagnosed with schizophrenia, he altered his diet big time and got rid of gluten (which can cause an '___' like reaction in some succeptable people), he has to maintain a fixed regimin, but otherwise is very very high functioning, has an amazing ability to understand computer systems, and seems to live a 'nomal' life.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well then you just admitted that the post I said was stupid. Was stupid. Thank you for backing me on that!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I had to turn the first vid off 3 seconds in so i wont be watching yours today. I will take your word for it. If people truly hear this stuff then it changes all i thought it would sound like and i pray for them.

If anyone that has heard these voices if you feel comfortable talking about it i have a question asked on many responses here. Could you detail the difference in hearing these sounds or voices compared to a popular song you heard replaying in your head or what some would call the inner voice of reason we hear when thinking aloud inside ones own mind?
edit on 22-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
reply to post by Mads1987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a run in with a Schizo before and he had the hardest time determining what age I was. I am a young guy (who looks young btw) but he kept looking at with confused and curious eyes and kept asking me "how old was I?" and "what is your age?." There was another person who was equally disturbed and the first thing she said to me was "You're just and old man". Maybe Schizo's don't have the cerebral faculties to interpret time in a linear fashion like"normal" folks--and as far fetched as it seems they possibly have the ability to see the future? That would be crazy, wouldn't it?

-TheGhoster
edit on 22-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

Well then you just admitted that the post I said was stupid. Was stupid. Thank you for backing me on that!

I admitted no such thing.

I see nothing in the other members original post which would lead me to believe he was talking about all schizophrenics.

Their first sentences are talking about his own experience with two schizophrenic people, and how they both seemingly had issues related to establishing anothers age.

Their final statements are an attempted educated guess at explaining what phenomenon is occuring. I personally do not believe that schizophrenics can see into the future. However, I've seen no evidence to support it either way.
edit on 22-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Your right I see nothing wrong with my post as I was merely stating that it's dumb to think that just because someone isn't capable of knowing the age of a person they are schizo.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Had you provided some supporting scientific evidence, showing their stupidity, I would be harrassing another member instead of you.

ETA: I have just finished reading your thread, and will say that it is interesting, and likely true for some schizophrenics.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Had you provided some supporting scientific evidence, showing their stupidity, I would be harrassing another member instead of you.

I guess neither me or them have any ground to stand on since neither did the above requirement for your approval.

But I walk away with my head up knowing I used common sense.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I see. I think I should like to trade with you for a while. You can have my "reeeeee..." and I'll check out your murmur.

Do you have any take on the source of that? What it is you are hearing?

There are stories of people that live in places and hear music from a bygone era... maybe you are just picking up on others thoughts. Sorry if those are stupid suggestions, just wondering. It seems non threatening.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

this is not what iexperience at all, mine are intelligent and respond to me with correct answers, i can do quizes and they answer correctly. I can ask about anything in reality and they can answer me. Im not saying this audio rep doesnt happen, but mine are outside my head and i can affect the sound of them with my mind. I cant relate to this at all.. Plus mine dont tell me im stupid or i should do stupid things, though if i mess with them too much they say they want to kill me. but i forgive that, and keep messin with the sound. P.S. their induced hallucinations, which means they are not hallucinations. But please belive the crap the medical industry forcs us to say to ourselelves through a bs system of treatments. treatments..nice word.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its funny: I hear music in my head all the time
some of the music is now in a full length feature film which I wrote and preformed a large part of the soundrack for

I also hear voices in my head
like the voice that told me to curl up into a ball during an accident which saved me from severe injury

I think we have access to stuff that defies typical religious and scientific dogma.

Of course I may be nutz, but I do enjoy the free beers at parties I get from people who like my songs

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Could only listen to half of it, couldn't take any more than that. I usually don't get disturbed easily but that was just a little too real for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To not be able and close that off, would be terrifying. I was very uncomfortable listening to the audio, and as soon as the video's phone rang - I had to switch it off.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join