It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird mist in pictures - any ideas ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
reply to post by HelenConway

You breathed. Only has to be 45% to be visible. ( not sure what that is in your measurements). I see you are from England, at night, I'm guessing it was below this temperature.

England is not too cold most of the time - but tonight it is about minus 2 and I could not replicate the cold breath thing. That picture is NOT breath. Plus I noted that I hold my camara at arms length with a bent elbow. It is a weird pic - not that spooky but odd. But it is NOT breath. Thank you for your thoughts though

This one was taken the same night - I know orbs are meant to be water droplets but some seem self illuminating. I dont know it was strange I have not been able to replicate these.

edit on 22-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It looks like a very cold night, condensation maybe ??

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

I get a lot of these type photo's too! Not my finger, not smoking, no fog in the area, no mist in the area. These are just unexplainable using commonly shared concepts hence the term "paranormal". Some will never be convinced, but thanks for taking the chance and putting them up there. I'll post a picture I took in Hawaii several years ago. We were staying at a friends house on the North Shore. It's 1/2 mile from an ancient Hawaiian holy site. Does it have something to with that? Who knows. Again, no smoking, no mist, the house was not on fire, etc. You'll see. I'll put it up under this link tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I get orbs like that on my camera all the time I think it is normal but the mist there is a story to tell the grandkids I beleave you might have taken a pic of a lost soul AKA a ghost you are a lucky one that is all you saw my friend took a pic one time and saw a shadow of a little girl gave me the creeps so much I had troubles sleeping for a week

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ok I had another go last night and I was able to replicate the mist with my breath.
I blew out deliberately as the camera focused in the misty shot. In the clear shot - I held my breath.

I now concede that the mist is my breath. Thanks guys for your feedback and thoughts

[ the red blob at the bottom is my greyhound in his shiny red coat]
edit on 24-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGhostsBrother
I get orbs like that on my camera all the time I think it is normal but the mist there is a story to tell the grandkids I beleave you might have taken a pic of a lost soul AKA a ghost you are a lucky one that is all you saw my friend took a pic one time and saw a shadow of a little girl gave me the creeps so much I had troubles sleeping for a week

I am still curious about orbs - or some orbs and am open about them. However - the mist in MY pictures I now believe it was my breath, because I was able to replicate the affect.

I would love to see your pictures

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
reply to post by StareDad

I get a lot of these type photo's too! Not my finger, not smoking, no fog in the area, no mist in the area. These are just unexplainable using commonly shared concepts hence the term "paranormal". Some will never be convinced, but thanks for taking the chance and putting them up there. I'll post a picture I took in Hawaii several years ago. We were staying at a friends house on the North Shore. It's 1/2 mile from an ancient Hawaiian holy site. Does it have something to with that? Who knows. Again, no smoking, no mist, the house was not on fire, etc. You'll see. I'll put it up under this link tomorrow.

looking forward to your pictures

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good work. This thread should be taken as a good example. Next time, when a topic like this is discussed, we have material to look upon.
We can say, HelenConway did a thread and she was able to reproduce the mist and thus, solved the mystery. Thank you for the effort.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad

Good work. This thread should be taken as a good example. Next time, when a topic like this is discussed, we have material to look upon.
We can say, HelenConway did a thread and she was able to reproduce the mist and thus, solved the mystery. Thank you for the effort.

Thank you stare dad , I also tried occluding the flash with my finger - that produced quite an interesting anomaly - I will post it later
thank you for your feedback and help on this thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

pretty spooky place anyway lol

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
You breathed out as the picture was taken, the flash illuminated the condensation from your breath.

The orbs are dust, dirt, or water particles being lit by the flash.

Its very common when taking pictures outside or in dusty or cold places.
edit on 22-1-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Cigarette smoke, or exhaling in the cold January air.

Dust, or some rain/condensation/frost in the air.

Some weird mist that turned out to be.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by McCool

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
You breathed out as the picture was taken, the flash illuminated the condensation from your breath.

The orbs are dust, dirt, or water particles being lit by the flash.

Its very common when taking pictures outside or in dusty or cold places.
edit on 22-1-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Cigarette smoke, or exhaling in the cold January air.

Dust, or some rain/condensation/frost in the air.

Some weird mist that turned out to be.

did you read the text with the above pictures - i think not

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join