It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian PM Julia Gillard At It Again: Forcefully Removing Politicians From Their Seats.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Originally posted by Yabby

We're in Australia not some 3rd world country, we gotta fight our own poverty and problems before world poverty, not being cynical, I'm sorry the world has poverty but don't play that card.

Australia used to be good back in the 60's - 90's now its decaying into the ground rapidly.
I see a increasing rise of armed robberies here in Tasmania, increase of murders over last year.

Laura Giddings is not helping Tasmania at all, she has cut police funds, we have no cold case team in our police force. so some missing peoples and murders are going unsolved.

I was proud of Australia when Rudd got in he was a family orientated man and thats who we need for a PM, someone who has a family, not someone who unmarried and has no kids.

Julia is a Liar she has angered a lot of people.

Julia did not lie. She promised climate change action before the election and that's what we got.
The good old days? We will be saying the same about now in 40 years.
Tassie is a basket case because you have not developed your clean green credentials enough.

Have you been to Tasmania? I find it funny how you think Tasmania is backwards. Like its redneck land. My sister says WA and friends from WA say its not any different. The only thing WA has going for is its Mining resources and then what.
Least Tasmania has good tourist draw card. Can't see me wanting to go to WA to look at dust.

I have lived in Tasmania and love the state. Your problem is you want to cut down everything that breathes, which is your biggest asset.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Have you been to Tasmania?

He's "been everywhere."

except in julia, busting at the pants it seems though.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

He's "been everywhere."

Don't laugh it's true.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

He's "been everywhere."

except in julia, busting at the pants it seems though.

You are a very crass person.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

He's "been everywhere."

Don't laugh it's true.

I imagine so.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We're in Australia not some 3rd world country, we gotta fight our own poverty and problems before world poverty, not being cynical, I'm sorry the world has poverty but don't play that card.

Australia used to be good back in the 60's - 90's now its decaying into the ground rapidly.
I see a increasing rise of armed robberies here in Tasmania, increase of murders over last year.

Laura Giddings is not helping Tasmania at all, she has cut police funds, we have no cold case team in our police force. so some missing peoples and murders are going unsolved.

I was proud of Australia when Rudd got in he was a family orientated man and thats who we need for a PM, someone who has a family, not someone who unmarried and has no kids.

Julia did not lie. She promised climate change action before the election and that's what we got.
Tassie is a basket case because you have not developed your clean green credentials enough.

Have you been to Tasmania? I find it funny how you think Tasmania is backwards. Like its redneck land. My sister says WA and friends from WA say its not any different. The only thing WA has going for is its Mining resources and then what.
Least Tasmania has good tourist draw card. Can't see me wanting to go to WA to look at dust.

I have lived in Tasmania and love the state. Your problem is you want to cut down everything that breathes, which is your biggest asset.

Oh really so we don't replant anything once we cut our plantations down?

so my mate who plants tree's is just going out to the bush sitting on his hands?

You have lived in Tasmania and never noticed once a plantation is cut down, its then planted again.
Its actually good they do this. how often do you hear of fires in these plantations? none at all.
Its old growth forests where fires occur.
edit on 24-1-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh really so we don't replant anything once we cut our plantations down?

so my mate who plants tree's is just going out to the bush sitting on his hands?

You have lived in Tasmania and never noticed once a plantation is cut down, its then planted again.
Its actually good they do this. how often do you hear of fires in these plantations? none at all.
Its old growth forests were fires occur.

Yeah I'm gonna visit tassie to see a 6 month old sapling...
Please. It's the old growth forests that tourist want to immerse themselves in not frigging plantations.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If you actually see how much old growth forest Tasmania has you will see its quite a large area. why can't Tasmania mine 3% of the forever "growing" Tarkine, they keep moving boundaries saying this part of Tarkine, actual fact the part they want to mine is not even the Tarkine. there is plenty of wilderness for you to see. also we have wonderful beaches, I have heard no complaints from tourists. I think they also love our mining history, convict history, rail history.

Most of this old growth forest they want to mine is inaccessible meaning you won't see it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Tassies cool.. I love the beer ads

edit on 24-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whoa, it sounds like you guys have some major problems in Australia as well. This act by the PM, coupled with her previous actions, show that democracy is not part of her agenda. I do not know anything about your constitution or anything, but this just sounds like it would be illegal. But then again, from the standpoint of the sneaky politicians, it is only illegal if there is someone willing to prosecute you, who has the necessary power to get it done.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

being an american from california, i keep up on politics here, but in aussie country, is labor right-wing, conservative, middle of the road, liberal, or left wing?

Labour is liberal, slightly left and slightly conservative, just as Liberal is.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
For the record, I think both sides of our two-party system are equally worthless and untrustworthy. Canberra needs a good fire.

The thing which concerns me about the PM's actions are that they were so blatant. There has been no attempt to conceal them which means "they" don't care about public opinion - it doesn't even factor in to the political planning. With all the flak they copped over the carbon tax thing (which I believe was the reason she was ushered into power in the first place) Labor should have been out on its arse, relegated to the shadows for the next decade or so.

We no longer matter and politics in this country is little more than a self-perpetuating circle jerk.

It's time for a change, Australia.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Whoa, it sounds like you guys have some major problems in Australia as well. This act by the PM, coupled with her previous actions, show that democracy is not part of her agenda. I do not know anything about your constitution or anything, but this just sounds like it would be illegal. But then again, from the standpoint of the sneaky politicians, it is only illegal if there is someone willing to prosecute you, who has the necessary power to get it done.

No we don't have major problems at all. We have a very good govt delivering for our people and our economy.
We are fine thanks. Fix your own stinking mess first me thinks.
As you say, you know nothing about our constitution so why make ignorant statements?
The PM did nothing illegal, it is perfectly within her rights.
Got it?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling
For the record, I think both sides of our two-party system are equally worthless and untrustworthy. Canberra needs a good fire.

The thing which concerns me about the PM's actions are that they were so blatant. There has been no attempt to conceal them which means "they" don't care about public opinion - it doesn't even factor in to the political planning. With all the flak they copped over the carbon tax thing (which I believe was the reason she was ushered into power in the first place) Labor should have been out on its arse, relegated to the shadows for the next decade or so.

We no longer matter and politics in this country is little more than a self-perpetuating circle jerk.

Oh cry me a river.
The PM was totally upfront with her decision. Called a press conference and was totally honest about it.
Imagine if she had done it on the sly - rednecks like you would have accused her of being underhanded and secretive. She did the right thing.
Labor did the right thing with carbon pricing - I take it you missed our record heatwave? We must reduce our emissions NOW!
The liberal opposition is totally pathetic and should not get anywhere near the govt benches for at least a decade.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Yabby because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
haha the propaganda machine is back again.

NOBODY likes Julia she has done more damage, than good.

You are a blind idiot. You fail to see behind the smoke and mirrors.

No one likes abbot either. Like the elder generations keep saying to me they are the worse people they have seen before in politics, Immature slithering little snakes. All of them couldn't manage a school tuck shop.

so tell me do you love watching her on tv? what are you doing when you are watching her on tv? your fascination with her is a little strange if you ask me.

Might as well give up you sound like a broken record.

I heard most people in your state want to rid Julia anyways.

edit on 25-1-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

No one likes abbot either. Like the elder generations keep saying to me they are the worse people they have seen before in politics, Immature slithering little snakes. All of them couldn't manage a school tuck shop.

so tell me do you love watching her on tv? what are you doing when you are watching her on tv? your fascination with her is a little strange if you ask me.

So tell me unemployed tasmanian redneck - what exactly has Julia done wrong and what will Abbott do to fix it.
Be specific. Come on. I have been kind to you due to your deficiencies but you really deserve to be treated with contempt.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So tell me unemployed tasmanian redneck - what exactly has Julia done wrong and what will Abbott do to fix it.
Be specific. Come on. I have been kind to you due to your deficiencies but you really deserve to be treated with contempt.

Unemployed I don't think so.
She has done allot of stuff wrong. Abbot won't fix it because he needs to go as well.
Treated with contempt you need to be treated as a propaganda troll. This is the only subject you are focusing on here. so you must be paid, quite strange that really.
Why not come on in the day time while people are awake still. I think you have more accounts than this one too. strange that this one is used every second year to just disagree with someone.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Got half way through the second page of this and just about had enough. so many people willing to bag out the PM. sure you have your right but how about getting behind the country instead of sounding like some squealing piglet that has been grabbed. Australia are the envy of the western world re economics, your pathetic moaning about gillard echoes the 100% negativity of abbott and his cronies. And to the dip stick who wants to take us back to the howard days, I am on a carers pension (choice was keep chasing the almighty dollar or settle for a pittance but be able to look after my brain damaged wife - hard choice - - NOT !) and while howard and his maggot mates had their thumb firmly on our necks, they bragged about how much we had in our koffers while pensioners struggled - this bloke and his pathetic party are, imo, lower than a snakes belly.

back to gillard, this is no more than a political move. As was mentioned earlier, it is simply replacing a plodder with someone who has the potential to do something good for the people in the NT as well as sure up the indiginous vote. I believe many of the nay sayers on this thread actually see that the labor vote will improve because of this move and are now willing to do everything possible to counter it. And if the woman who will end up with a pension that many would die for, maybe she, with her whinging and whining, isn't looking to the good of the party that has given her the riches that she has today. The Labor party is just that, a PARTY, a group that should be working towards one goal. so maybe sometimes people should stand aside for the greater good.

But what REALLY sticks in my neck is the negativity and moaning by these people. sh1t!! we're Aussies for gods sake, take a teaspoonfull of cement and harden up.

Instead of spilling your guts to the world and showing Australia as some backward hopeless nation, have enough guts and pride to let the people of the world know how awsome we are.

on that note, to all of those that are interested, Aussies are the best! We have a fantastic country, with over 300 different nationalities represented here, as a whole, we get on like a house on fire. There's nowhere better to live and no people better to call your mates. As long as people come here with an attitude to back and support this amazing country, you're very welcome. But come here to bring the baggage you're trying to escape from and expect us to bow down to your pathetic moronic belief systems and opressive cultures and you might find people will grab you by the back of the neck and pants and drop you 12 miles out, hopefully without a life vest.

edit on 25-1-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: tried to fix up spelling where I could

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling

Oh cry me a river.
The PM was totally upfront with her decision. Called a press conference and was totally honest about it.
Imagine if she had done it on the sly - rednecks like you would have accused her of being underhanded and secretive. She did the right thing.
Labor did the right thing with carbon pricing - I take it you missed our record heatwave? We must reduce our emissions NOW!
The liberal opposition is totally pathetic and should not get anywhere near the govt benches for at least a decade.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Yabby because: typo

Hahaha you were actually serious with that post. I had to read it twice.

[smiles and nods]

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, a wise friend once told me that there are 2 sides to any story and the truth will be found somewhere in between. I am unashamedly and passionately leaning towards Labor due to the, imo, callous (sp?) attitude of many Liberal governments gone by. The now opposition leader has been running an excellent ongoing campaign. He has relentlessly tried to drag down anything the govt. has tried to do. He has effectively used the fact that we have a minority govt to his advantage. Gillard, our PM, stated that "there would be no carbon tax" under a govt. she led. Unfortunately, due to the fact that she is sharing power with another party (the greens) she has had to compromise on many of her platforms. But naturally, those who are against her, will not show that.

Has Labor made mistakes? sure, - big ones, but we still have a very strong economy, we handled the GFC better than almost every other country world wide, we have glowing reports from wolrd authorities re monetry policy, the average joe down here has been more than adequately compensated for any losses caused by the carbon tax. Those on the other side of politics still try to skirt around the problem of climate change and if they ever get back into office, I fear for the above mentioned average joe, of which I am one.

Their eyes are fixated on the building of big business at the expense of anybody who is in their way. It's ONLY been Vince the labor party managed to get office that the less fortunate in our society have actually gained any sort of help (aside from the pork barrelling [bribing the electorate] that was done just before each election when the libs were in power)

What the PM did re the aboriginal potential senator v's the plodder incumbant senator was NOT illegal. she was clumsy about it but not illegal. And as mentioned in an above post, sometimes people should be willing to take one for the team. The senator being replaced will end up on a VERY generous pension and if she was truly a labor senator imo, she should be very willing to help the labor cause by stepping aside to allow someone who stands a greater chance of galvanising the people of the Northern Territory behind labor. It is very good politics.

The OP has squealed along with a group of his cronies, bagging out Australia by bagging out our PM. We are NOT a backward country, we are one of the best places to be in the whole world. That's why we have so many illegal boats trying to get here.
edit on 25-1-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join