Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Australian PM Julia Gillard At It Again: Forcefully Removing Politicians From Their Seats.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
reply to post by Yabby

nice you gave you're self some stars haha funny how cute.

No i didn't actually, wouldn't even know how.
where?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Yabby
Perth actually.

Really, you seem to know a lot about my neck of the woods considering your 4000km away... I'm from Victoria (on the border of NSW) and your telling me how things are here?

I've been everywhere man.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Fairfax
More like Biasbspropagandatax

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I bet your a Fremantle Docker follower...

At least if you are I will understand why we don't see eye to eye

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

reply to post by Yabby

Heres another fact. Most of the country despise that red headed welsh b&$^#.... I bet you won't see that in your facts and figures though.

Actually they don't.
She is the preferred PM over the idiot pommy opposition leader in any poll you wish to quote.
Abbott is the most unpopular leader in history. Another fact for you.

Poles are created purely for the purpose of propaganda...they can't be relied on for absolute accuracy.

Sure they are...And man never landed on the moon either right?
Bet you weren't saying that when Abbott was doing well...

Oh yeah, go ahead and compare me with other, irrelevant topic/theories...a classic move i must say.

Yes, poles have been, and will always be used as propaganda.

I only need to point to major news stations to support that fact.

Depending on sample size and methodology, polls can be very accurate (Nate Silver says hello).
How the various news outlets use and interpret them is another matter entirely.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I bet your a Fremantle Docker follower...

At least if you are I will understand why we don't see eye to eye

Hawthorn actually.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by DarknStormy

Agreed!

We need someone like Nick Xenophon to run our country. He is great!

As for Labor...the quicker they leave, the better.

being an american from california, i keep up on politics here, but in aussie country, is labor right-wing, conservative, middle of the road, liberal, or left wing?

Labor is centre left. Pretty similar to Obama actually.

thanks yabby, then, even from where i sit, this doesn't seem right...a PM being able to remove a duly elected member of parliment?...is this a "special" circumstance type of thing, like graft, or corruption?...this would appear to be illegal to do, but i do not know the workings of the government

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Depending on sample size and methodology, polls can be very accurate (Nate Silver says hello).

Okay, i agree with you there.

It still doesn't diminish the fact that some polls are inaccurate though...

In regards to your second statement:

The media's use of the polls mainly support one thing or another. They are occasionally taken out of context. In this sense, it is logical to say that polls are created for the use of propaganda...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We're in Australia not some 3rd world country, we gotta fight our own poverty and problems before world poverty, not being cynical, I'm sorry the world has poverty but don't play that card.

Australia used to be good back in the 60's - 90's now its decaying into the ground rapidly.
I see a increasing rise of armed robberies here in Tasmania, increase of murders over last year.

Laura Giddings is not helping Tasmania at all, she has cut police funds, we have no cold case team in our police force. so some missing peoples and murders are going unsolved.

I was proud of Australia when Rudd got in he was a family orientated man and thats who we need for a PM, someone who has a family, not someone who unmarried and has no kids.

Julia is a Liar she has angered a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Agreed!

being an american from california, i keep up on politics here, but in aussie country, is labor right-wing, conservative, middle of the road, liberal, or left wing?

thanks yabby, then, even from where i sit, this doesn't seem right...a PM being able to remove a duly elected member of parliment?...is this a "special" circumstance type of thing, like graft, or corruption?...this would appear to be illegal to do, but i do not know the workings of the government

No not illegal Jimmy.
The PM is simply saying to the senator, when your term in the senate expires (in July 2014 I might add so she is not being turfed out tomorrow), you will not be re-nominated for that senate position. She needs the approval of the National Executive to do this but they have given her that approval (she wouldn't be that silly to make such an announcement without confirming with them first!).
Doesn't happen often but has happened before where the PM exercises their power and influence to do something like this. Sometimes the boss needs to exercise their power and in this case she has. It is a good move too - the departing senator is a seat warmer who has done very little in 15 years of any note.
A classic seat warmer. The nominee is a champion sportswoman and a dedicated servant to the aboriginal cause.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The media's use of the polls mainly support one thing or another. They are occasionally taken out of context. In this sense, it is logical to say that polls are created for the use of propaganda...

Absolutely they can be taken out of context. Murdoch and his lackeys in the press often misuse Newspoll for their aim of removing the labor govt.
Generally speaking, the smaller the sample size, the higher the margin of error.
Morgan polls are often wildly variant for this reason.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Absolutely they can be taken out of context. Murdoch and his lackeys in the press often misuse Newspoll for their aim of removing the labor govt.
Generally speaking, the smaller the sample size, the higher the margin of error.
Morgan polls are often wildly variant for this reason.

Then we come to an agreement.

link   
reply to post by Yabby

That boss works for us and she shouldn't decide whether someone gets shafted without putting it to a vote. Maybe we should march to Canberra, boot her arse out of Paliament and see whether she agrees with it. It would be against the law..

link   
Here we go - Now the Liberal National Party are so worried about the latest polls they've decided to spam ATS with they're typical personal attacks and propoganda straight from pages of the daily News Ltd toilet paper.

This is not a conspiracy, the PM openly informed the electorate of her decision and stands by it.

If you want a conspiracy lets look at the hostile takeover of the LNP by hard right extremists. They sent in they're thugs to every branch pre-selection and stood over long-serving rank and file party members to ensure they're hardline candidate was selected.

I should be used to LNP hypocracy. The party is built on it. Take for example the fact that their leader Tony 'stop the boats' Abbott is in fact himself a boat person. He was born in England and his family moved to Australia on the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme ship Oronsay in 1960 when he was 4yo. Not long after that, Eric Abetz arrived from Germany by boat with his family as immigrants. Its no wonder Senator Abetz's family fled Germany given that his uncle is the infamous Nazi war criminal SS-Brigadeführer Otto Abetz, Nazi German ambassador to Vichy France from 1940 to 1944. You would think that given the shamed family history that Senator Abetz would be doing all possible to champion civil rights and promote the value of community. But nothing could be further from reality as he is the most hardline nutter of them all. Here is just one example of what Eric gets up to in his spare time-

SALT Shakers is a Melbourne-based group that advocates hatred of homosexuals and intolerance of non-Christian faiths.
on Saturday night Salt Shakers inaugural annual dinner will be addressed by leading Tasmanian Liberal Senator, and Federal Government Minister, Eric Abetz.

Here are some videos exposing how hardline extremists are taking over the LNP.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Agreed!

No not illegal Jimmy.
The PM is simply saying to the senator, when your term in the senate expires (in July 2014 I might add so she is not being turfed out tomorrow), you will not be re-nominated for that senate position. She needs the approval of the National Executive to do this but they have given her that approval (she wouldn't be that silly to make such an announcement without confirming with them first!).
Doesn't happen often but has happened before where the PM exercises their power and influence to do something like this. Sometimes the boss needs to exercise their power and in this case she has. It is a good move too - the departing senator is a seat warmer who has done very little in 15 years of any note.
A classic seat warmer. The nominee is a champion sportswoman and a dedicated servant to the aboriginal cause.

Big woop!! Michael Mansel is a aboriginal too and even he can see she is trying to buy more votes for elections.
Whats a sportswoman going to do on the bench 100 sit-ups?

Kathy Freeman is aboriginal, I don't see her becoming involved in politics.

This obviously Julia's ploy to get aboriginal voters voting for her.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

We're in Australia not some 3rd world country, we gotta fight our own poverty and problems before world poverty, not being cynical, I'm sorry the world has poverty but don't play that card.

Australia used to be good back in the 60's - 90's now its decaying into the ground rapidly.
I see a increasing rise of armed robberies here in Tasmania, increase of murders over last year.

Laura Giddings is not helping Tasmania at all, she has cut police funds, we have no cold case team in our police force. so some missing peoples and murders are going unsolved.

I was proud of Australia when Rudd got in he was a family orientated man and thats who we need for a PM, someone who has a family, not someone who unmarried and has no kids.

Julia did not lie. She promised climate change action before the election and that's what we got.
The good old days? We will be saying the same about now in 40 years.
Tassie is a basket case because you have not developed your clean green credentials enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Yabby

That boss works for us and she shouldn't decide whether someone gets shafted without putting it to a vote. Maybe we should march to Canberra, boot her arse out of Paliament and see whether she agrees with it. It would be against the law.. [/quote
I take it you don't understand how senate voting works.
Besides, come the election you can have your say then right?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Agreed!

No not illegal Jimmy.

Big woop!! Michael Mansel is a aboriginal too and even he can see she is trying to buy more votes for elections.
Whats a sportswoman going to do on the bench 100 sit-ups?

Kathy Freeman is aboriginal, I don't see her becoming involved in politics.

This obviously Julia's ploy to get aboriginal voters voting for her.

And I can quote you 100 more who say Nova will be an asset to the parliament....
Kathy Freeman, just quietly, may be considering her options so careful...

This is the PM seeking to put an able and intelligent person into the parliament who can proudly and strongly represent her people.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Julia did not lie. She promised climate change action before the election and that's what we got.
The good old days? We will be saying the same about now in 40 years.
Tassie is a basket case because you have not developed your clean green credentials enough.

Have you been to Tasmania? I find it funny how you think Tasmania is backwards. Like its redneck land. My sister says WA and friends from WA say its not any different. The only thing WA has going for is its Mining resources and then what.
Least Tasmania has good tourist draw card. Can't see me wanting to go to WA to look at dust.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Have you been to Tasmania?

He's "been everywhere."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join