It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Warns Against Going for Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I like this info. I read it this morning and didn't reply but I've had a couple now so sod it.

I think Bill was screwed by the NWO and Monika Lewinsky (sp?). His words will be like water off a ducks back but they screwed him for a reason. I always wondered what that was.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Bill Clinton is talking from experience, and he is saying some true statements. I wish more politicians were like that instead of lost in the clouds. Bill Clinton is interested in results, not pushing ideologies.
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't think any US citizen needs to worry about a gun ban anytime soon. Given the fact that such a ban has to be legislated through Congress, and given the composition of the House of Representatives being majority Republican, there's no way a weapons ban can or will be passed. I think some Dems will push for it merely so they can say they did, come the 2014 elections. But of course by then, no one in Congress will care about this issue any more unless the mass shootings continue.

Obama can't ban weapons via an executive action. Even he admitted when he issued the 23 EAs that any ban had to be legislated. In fact, most of the 23 EAs seem to be aimed more at the segments of the population that shouldn't be allowed guns, like the mentally ill.

Of course since I'm one of the mentally ill (mildly so), I know better than to allow myself to own a weapon (and living in Massachusetts, it would be damn near impossible for me to anyway). But I am concerned as to what the official meaning of "mentally ill" will be. And I sure as hell don't want my name cropping up in a database somewhere where it may become available to future employers, for example.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
These people dont speak from the heart or even the mind, its either who is paying or who is listening that dictates what they say.

I remember when Clinton was running for his first presidential term. PBS ran a documentary on him where they followed him around while campaigning. Can't remember exactly who the groups were that he spoke to, but one was a Cuban pro-immigrants group in Florida and the other more conservative on border law enforcement.

He told one that we need to strengthen our border security because illegals entering the country are hurting the economy. He told the other that we need to loosen immigration laws so that more people can be allowed to enter the country. Both in the same day. I'll leave it to you to figure out whom he told what.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Over the years in Canada, Firearm ownership has had many amendments. After hearing some of Obama's remarks on Gun Controls, I wonder if he is trying to set up a similar system as here in Canada. We have a Federal Standard, and some of my friends seem to advise that in the USA, that each State has their own standards more so than a federal guidelines, but I stand to be corrected on that.

Here is a link to the RCMP website on Gun Controls for Canada,
www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...

EBS

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wise words by Bill Clinton. The funny thing is, this whole bit may be good for America. Getting that fire back
into the bellies of citizens. Is the push to take effect guns the final straw. Will we see a new revitalized form
of Patriotism?

One of the things that has bugged me, is how complacent we have been about so many things. This is proving to be an interesting topic.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
America will define the times not be defined by them! We will not tire, we will not falter and we will not fail.

Dont give an inch on the second!

Our highest offices and our main stream media outlets are for sale to the highest bidder! Our government sponsors the death of hundreds if not thousands of children in Syria today. Kills children and other inocents with drones daily. Sponsored the killing of hundreds of thousands in Iraq and beyond (Some say one million+ in Iraq alone!). Kills Americans without trial or any type of due process.

White House wins fight to keep assassinations of Americans secret.
rt.com...

The Patriot Acts, the FISA domestic spy bill, the bailouts of corrupt international banks, attempts at CISPA and SOPA, actions like the NDAA authorizing the treatment of U.S. citizens as “enemy combatants” without rights to due process; all paint a picture so clear only a one-celled amoeba (or your average suburban yuppie) would not see it. You and I, and everyone else for that matter, have been designated potential targets of the state.

It doesn't take a genius to see we're traveling down a road that leads to tyranny.

Disarm you say? I say disarm the Federal Goverment!

There are tensof millions of semi auto assault rifles in America and many times that amount exist as demilled parts kits which are in fact full auto machine guns etc.. The last assault rifle ban just saw the suppliers who were affected cutting their guns to meet ATF requirements, and sending in four times as many to maintain the same profit margins. Most 80%+ come in country with full auto fire control components. Most do not realize just how well armed the American populous is.

All political power comes out of the barrel of a gun, and the American people constitute the largest armed force in the world! A standing army we are not, but there can be no victory against us!

Piecemealing the second out of existence is the same as taking it outright!

Stand now or we are lost forever! The second is what defends the rest of our rights! If 90% of Americas gun owners dropped dead today we would still outnumber the US military 10 to 1!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
Alexander Hamilton
edit on 23-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And we'll do it again.You know, progressives may want to reel it back in if they don't want to see a nasty backlash. You can't go scortched earth in 4 years politically.But that is EXACTLY what Obama is doing.If you think it's funny or a good thing to scare us or to insult us as we are traditional Christian Americans,watch your butt when your leaders leave. We are still the majority ...because most of us have the jobs where you actually HAVE to do them or the system fails or bad people come to get us if they don't.Progressive mostly can't do these jobs because they are against any violence.But that doesn't change reality.

We are going to keep our magazines,assault weapons and ammo and you will leave us alone.....or else.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Politics = Sports - You go on tv and tell everyone you are going to win but in the locker room you discuss the reality of certain strategies.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by benrl

And we'll do it again.You know, progressives may want to reel it back in if they don't want to see a nasty backlash. You can't go scortched earth in 4 years politically.But that is EXACTLY what Obama is doing.If you think it's funny or a good thing to scare us or to insult us as we are traditional Christian Americans,watch your butt when your leaders leave. We are still the majority ...because most of us have the jobs where you actually HAVE to do them or the system fails or bad people come to get us if they don't.Progressive mostly can't do these jobs because they are against any violence.But that doesn't change reality.

We are going to keep our magazines,assault weapons and ammo and you will leave us alone.....or else.

Progressives? Against violence?????

Hmm. Do you remember the Black Panthers? The Symbionese Liberation Army? The Weathermen? The Communist Revolution? The anti-Vietnam Protestors?

Violent as all get out.

Liberals have as many guns as conservatives. Liberals go hunting. Liberals rob banks. Liberals do a lot of drunken target shooting. (I'm speaking as a liberal who has fired a handgun at a target many many times.)

As for whether it's progressives or conservatives who do the jobs, the real answer is, most of us do jobs -- my last job was working as a government subcontractor for the FAA, and believe me, if we didn't do our jobs there, very bad things could have happened. And guess what -- we were ALL Massachusetts liberals. Of the five working there, two openly admitted to owning guns. One other didn't want to discuss whether or not she owned guns. (Which she did, I later found out.)

As for the military -- do you really think everyone in the military is a conservative? There's as broad a range of opinions in the military as there is in society at large.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfbitch

If they back Obama they are the minority.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join