It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China colonel raises nuclear spectre

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Fence sit, hell!

The Australians should lay down their arms and kow-tow to the future masters of that area, the Chinese. That is what is supposed to be coming with this NWO thing. -+

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Iamschist
Beg pardon? I hope China realizes if wishes were horses, fools would ride. The Australia I know of is not going to take warnings about who or what to 'side with', from anyone.

man, even i, being an american from california, know not to threaten a aussie...my father was friends with a few in the korean war, and nobody messed with that group, and he was glad that they were on our side

Oh, i don't know. I wouldn't mind messing with Kylie or her sister...........

Can i come too, please... awwww please?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Naw, when they come off the boats just meet them with a few australian beers and a barbequed shrimp or two....they will be happy to surrender their guns.....
Those poor sex starved chinese lads will be entirely nonplussed when they get a load of the beach girls and surf, and sun......
I reckon they will all want to become POWs as soon a possible.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....Theres a lot of space between Aus and China, and if they start comming south, there will be plenty of warning....Vietnam, Phillipines, etc.....
The ANZACS have little to worry about for some time to come.....
Japan, on the other hand.......

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
China warns Australia not to side with The US.

The thread title is misleading. I wouldn't worry too much about one nutty Colonel's rantings. He's not even a general and I'm sure the politicians in Beijing will not be pleased with such comments and he will be reprimanded.

This is not from the Chinese leadership they are more skilled at diplomatic relations.

Australia is already an ally of the US, so they are on the side of the US with the ANZUS treaty since WWII.
The US and China are both nuclear powers, it is highly unlikely they will ever enter into full scale warfare.
I'll believe it if it ever happens but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I see the title has now been changed. If China launches nuclear weapons the response from the US nuclear arsenal would be absolute devastation. A completely insane scenario to even contemplate.
edit on 22-1-2013 by JimTSpock because: add

I am admittedly unfamiliar with the way Chinese leadership handles diplomatic issues, but it would seem that if Chinese leadership was losing persuasion with her military, that would in itself be a large problem. In a tightly controled military state, lower level officers would be an effective way to disseminate less than diplomatic rhetoric, as the state could back away from it, but we should all realize that the Chinese are very strategically measured, and the media, any media that would be allowed a forum with a ranking member, would be tightly controlled by the state. A warning to Australia, along with other information coming out, shows that the Chinese military has some level of discontent with the government, or that the government is getting ready to make a large move of some kind. Hopefully the military is taking its own track on this one, but I seriously doubt it.
edit on 22-1-2013 by onthedownlow because: mis-spelled

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

That's a good response and I did think of that but again this kind of talk from such a low ranking member is not unusual and can hardly be taken seriously. It's just hot air. I've read the full article and he's speaking hypothetically and it really isn't very sensational anyway. A big fuss over nothing much at all.
edit on 22-1-2013 by JimTSpock because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Just to clarify, the thread title was coherent with that of the original article's headline "China Warns Australia Not To Side With The US." The source article actually underwent massive changes after the period of this thread's posting. The content in the source article was altered to such an extent that the author actually reconstructed most of their article and completely changed their title.

So no, the title was not originally misleading, although i can see why you would be confused (even though i publicly posted about the article's edit on page 1 of this thread)...

edit on 22-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Iamschist

Austraila should not be concerned from bullying tactics from either side of the potential conflict. Australia should side with whoever their electorate want their government too. Australia also has no reason to be scared of either power as Geographically, Australia has to be one of the hardest countries in the world to attack. If anything does happen and Australia require any assistance from the UK, our boys would do it with honour for our Commonwealth partners, but I am sure they are capable of looking after themselves anyway.

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but the UK do not possess the resource to get involved with a conflict at the other side of the world......especially against a world superpower.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kingmonkey

Yes it does, it spends the 5th most on its military budget than any other country. It has a very capable navy if not lacking in Aircraft Carriers at the moment, it has one of the most feared submarine fleets in the world and has plenty of battle hardened soldiers. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because the numbers of personelle have been shrunk, that it has become a spent force. The UK Military in a joint operation with the Australian Military would be a force even the largest of Countries would be wary of taking on. And anyway, the UK would bring Nuclear deterrant to Australia, of which Aus doesn't currently have for itself.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why is everyone being whipped into a frenzy because some random Chinese Colonel makes some outspoken comments which as stated in the article do not represent the policies of the Chinese government?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by kingmonkey

Yes it does, it spends the 5th most on its military budget than any other country. It has a very capable navy if not lacking in Aircraft Carriers at the moment, it has one of the most feared submarine fleets in the world and has plenty of battle hardened soldiers. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because the numbers of personelle have been shrunk, that it has become a spent force. The UK Military in a joint operation with the Australian Military would be a force even the largest of Countries would be wary of taking on. And anyway, the UK would bring Nuclear deterrant to Australia, of which Aus doesn't currently have for itself.

Wow. You're suggesting that the UK will bring nuclear weapons to the table with china?

When waging war against a pretty sizeable and capable nation at the other side of the world from you, I'd dare say not having an aircraft carrier is quite an important thing to consider.

Battle hardened, yes possibly, but against who........guerrilla fighters with antiquated weapons? Any other conflict anywhere in the world for the UK would require the immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan also.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey

Wow. You're suggesting that the UK will bring nuclear weapons to the table with china?

That Is precisely what I am saying, as the only deterrant to the use of nuclear weapons is to have them used back on you in retaliation.

When waging war against a pretty sizeable and capable nation at the other side of the world from you, I'd dare say not having an aircraft carrier is quite an important thing to consider.

I never said the UK would be the focus of the battle, I said we would support Australia, meaning we would offer every resource deemed realistic. As it would be the defence of a land mass, I doubt that the Aircraft Carrier would be of much significance anyway as their Air Superiority would come from land based airfields.

Battle hardened, yes possibly, but against who........guerrilla fighters with antiquated weapons? Any other conflict anywhere in the world for the UK would require the immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan also.

Battle hardened troops are formidible against conscript armies with no battle experience, this is a well known fact in the Military. As for your view on other operations abroad for the UK, yes you are right, we would have to withdraw, but I value Australian independance above any war we are currently fighting.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Chines and Japanese sentiment run deep. Especially on the Chinese side. This little dispute over some resources is just a test of resolve. The chinese are testing the resolve of Japan to defend anything and the resolve of the Americans to back them up.

It should be an easy thing to see. There is no real threat to anything but the seals on those Islands. Countries are always testing their boundaries and the responses of their neighbors.

Probing, looking for dents in the armor. Amounting to little actual action.

You want some action look at how the US is posturing itself around the rest of the world; Patriot missiles to Turkey, Missile "shields" to eastern Europe. What resemblance does this real encroachment have to these tiny windswept rocks?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Think New Zealand should step in and sort them all out. Lord of the rings style.

Tired of countries wanting to blow the # out of each other. Humanity will look back and be embarrassed by how many conflicts went on at any one time.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To be honest these are idle threats.

China would be absolute idiotic to use nuclear weapons against any of the nations above. If they did they would not only suffer huge losses, they would also push there economic progress back a hundred years. Perhaps to the point of no recover.

I believe that we will see a few (non-nuclear) skirmishes against Japanese trade ships.

ALS

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
China has had it's collective panties in a wadd over these islands for quite some time. Like most things that come out of their mouths it's basis is propaganda and jealousy. Propaganda for what, who knows; they play so many mind games on their citizens it isn't even funny. And jealousy that they aren't the world's largest economy and don't have the military capability to force their will onto any region of the world like the Unites States and it's Allies.

Keep wagging your tiny wang around Colonel and it just may grow a millimeter or two! Just think of all the Aussie sun bathing beauties you could have then!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

what do you expect them to say, it's 10x better than everything we have and 4 of those jets could destroy the entire pacific fleet.

you don't know the capabilities of that stealth aircraft. it could be a secret joint collaboration between russia and china.

and 8 years behind. what does that mean. because the f-22 was first produced almost 20 years ago and is considered the most advanced war craft in the world. and it has since been retired.

that leads me to believe that either the u.s. has no advanced war craft, or they are 20 years ahead of the world and the craft would be something you would imagine a craft 20 years into the future would look like.

so if china is 8 years behind, they are 12 years ahead of the world and catching up fast.

an nuclear aircraft carrier and radar are 40's technology, more refined but still 40's technology. unless there is something better and secret out there, it would stand no chance against a stealth fighter 82+ years more advanced. stealth being the key word.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wait a second. The US and Japan are the bad guys here? Did the Chinese people forget what kind of government they have? Did they forget that they have no due process rights, or really any rights for that matter, as any rights allotted them can always be taken away...And usually are if the government does not "agree" with something you do. I mean seriously, it is so ridiculous and hypocritical that I'm dumbfounded to say the least.

Even looking at this situation from the outside it is obvious that China is upset because they want to extend their control over that area of Asia, and they will not be able to do that while America is near to the countries China wishes to attack. I think it is quite obvious why the US made the move to shift naval forces to the region.

It was done because China's ambitions were known already, and the US wanted to deter an attack. I actually agree with this strategic move on the part of the US military, although I usually disagree with the decisions made. I would love to know how they think Japan is a threat to them. Wow. If a war breaks out, I can guarantee you that it will not be the US's fault, but China's. It seems they have already set their mind on a fight, and they are going to have it.

And I think that anyone who sides against China is on the side of good, because China is the aggressor, or will be if it is not obvious to anyone yet. Here is my prediction...China and NK vs. the US and Japan. I think Russia will sit this one out, at least for a while, while Australia may or may not get involved. If they do, it will not be on the side of the Chinese. The main reason I think they might get involved is that the conflict will be going on so close to their nation. I doubt they want China to control that entire region. And the main reason people will be against China is their oppression on the people who live there.

I think that China and NK have enough manpower and military strength to make a war with them virtually unwinnable. If war breaks out, everyone will lose. Say the US and its allies are beating China badly. There is no way they will hold off on using nuclear weapons. And even if they did, would NK? We must remember that there are quite a few countries in the area who would be against China, simply because they would be looking at being invaded, and thus may join the fight against China. I don't know who China was planning on invading though. I would be willing to bet that NK's first move will be to invade the south, that's for sure, because they are going to want the spoils for joining China in a fight.

This whole thing is going to turn into one big mess if it escalates. If the US gets into a war like that, this opens up the possibility of all of America's enemies joining in the fight with the hopes of taking the country down. I mean from Asia and the Middle Eastern countries, to Africa, Russia, and maybe even a South American country. China would want Mexico on their side, since they are so close to the US, but I do not think that would happen. We will see I suppose. You can bet that if war does break out, there will be a draft. A major draft.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I don't know how many times I have to go over this, but there is no such thing as stealth aircraft anymore. There are Radars out there that can track stealth, no problem but it just isn't general public knowledge. Radar processing software instead of looking for a return trace from the object, looks for a lack of return using complex algorythms. I know for a fact that us brits have this technology now. So making assumptions that in order to become stealth, certain aspects are compromised, like manouvreability and payload, then I would fancy a fighter/interceptor like the Rafel or Eurofighter when used in conjunction with the right radar, to take it out no porblems.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Let them fight to the death always give people what they want if thats what they really want!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'd be willing to help Mr. Liu achieve his goal of dying for his/her country. Ah, gotta love the Romantics. Easy targets. Lead from the front please, I'll make you a hero.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join