It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China colonel raises nuclear spectre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

No, no, it's the Cubans, they've gone union bonkers www.bbc.co.uk...

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Whilst I know you are wrong in what you are saying, let us just hope we don't have to find out which one of us is right.
edit on 22/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Say what you want about the Opium Wars - they were wrong, as all parties have long since acknowledged. What many that subscribe to your views regarding Britain and China consistently fail to take into account is Hong Kong. The handover by Britain and the state Hong Kong was left in went a very long way to rebuilding any shattered bridges amongst the upper echelons within China. That isn't conjecture, that is publicly acknowledged fact (by the Chinese leadership themselves in subsequent years). In essence, it was a working demonstration that China and Britain can have a very healthy and beneficial relationship, based on trust and respect.

Also, trivial as it may appear, it rather helps relations when the top brass send their children to school in the UK. As some of our greatest international friends and relations, Australia is in a prime position to learn the art of international "toadying". It has worked for us for well over a thousand years as a tiny nation!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I believe Australia's best option here is to sit in the fence. There is no need for us to get involved militarily with America's world police actions (labelling it a war doesn't make it so) and if we were to move against China now, we'll certainly pay for it in the future when they are the superpower. Why should our troops die just to see America's will done?

Australia's best bet would be to plan for a world 50 years from now and make sure we will be in a strong position.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That's what i mean (but explained piss poorly!).........my mates that went backpacking and biking there said it was only Brits (back then) doing that sort of thing - meaning it was only Brits mixing with the local Cuban populations, away from all the touristy areas. That sort of thing (if true) is bound to have an effect.

Look at Spain - we spend a thousand years hating, have a couple of decades of package holiday and voila - we all love Spain now!

Of course, i could be completely wrong here and it is something else entirely causing it. But it would make sense.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
China does not have to invade Aussie, it just needs to place sanctions on us. To stop exporting from us and stop selling us anything and we are stuffed, we will all starve, then the shareholders and Grubment will eat the peasants and sell the rest of Aussie of to the Chinese in exchange for managers jobs in New China. China wins.

Alternatively just invade us with their thousands of planes, bomb the crap out of all military bases in Aussie and instead of shipping food and Chinese rubbish here in the super liners that transverse the glob pedaling poor quality food and crap, they could bring 20 or so million troops here to sort us out. The Army is professional but largely no existent and the Grubment took the public's guns. We would be over in 24 hours after all we possibly buy our military service equipment from china anyway.

Another option would be to use all the Sworn Chinese nationals now living in Australia to over throw the Grubment and put in Mr Rudd as a manager, install Chinese road signs and we all get to eat rice and speak Mandarin or Cantonese, for those that don't tow the line I am sure they have options.

Australia should have supported it's military and if the successive Governments had of not sold us out, for their personal greed, we would still make the items that our army / people required to sustain a war and life while being able to eat and possibly defend our selves with allied support.

Either way Aussie has little future, what does it matter if its the Greedy, Chinese or Americans running the show the average Aussie has little future anymore, they mostly just don't know it.
edit on 22-1-2013 by marsend because: Mod, Please delete this I used your edit buttion and it caused a double post for some reason.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
China does not have to invade Aussie, it just needs to place sanctions on us. To stop exporting from us and stop selling us anything and we are stuffed, we will all starve, then the shareholders and Grubment will eat the peasants and sell the rest of Aussie of to the Chinese in exchange for managers jobs in New China. China wins.

Alternatively just invade us with their thousands of planes, bomb the crap out of all military bases in Aussie and instead of shipping food and Chinese rubbish here in the super liners that transverse the globe pedaling poor quality food and crap, they could bring 20 or so million troops here to sort us out. The Army is professional but largely no existent and the Grubment took the public's guns. We would be over in 24 hours after all we possibly buy our military service equipment from china anyway.

Another option would be to use all the Sworn Chinese nationals now living in Australia to over throw the Grubment and put in Mr Rudd as a manager, install Chinese road signs and we all get to eat rice and speak Mandarin or Cantonese, for those that don't tow the line I am sure they have options.

Australia should have supported it's military and if the successive Governments had of not sold us out, for their personal greed, we would still make the items that our army / people required to sustain a war and life while being able to eat and possibly defend our selves with allied support.

Either way Aussie has little future, what does it matter if its the Greedy, Chinese or Americans running the show the average Aussie has little future anymore, they mostly just don't know it.
edit on 22-1-2013 by marsend because: Typo

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

I think you need to do a little research. China needs Australia far more than Australia needs China. Who do you think is one of China's largest suppliers of raw materials? You know the stuff they use to make the tat with they sell us.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

AUSTRALIA'S miracle economy will create an estimated 250,000 jobs next year and growth is tipped to reach 4 per cent by 2011 as China continues its demand for our raw minerals.
..Despite the continuing economic gloom around the world, Treasurer Wayne Swan was able to announce the federal Budget would be back in black by 2012/13 - three years earlier than anticipated

edit on 22-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Get real mate, why buy it, when they can take it when they want. Alternatively you might like to do some research and you might find that China can get everything it needs, from several third world countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this is what is all about:

source

edit: include there Japan's dispute, etc...
edit on 22-1-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

It's already awake, fortunately for the rest of the world I think the giant is stumbling around looking for the coffee, or what ever they drink over in China.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsend

Get real mate, why buy it, when they can take it when they want. Alternatively you might like to do some research and you might find that China can get everything it needs, from several third world countries.

first of all, it has already been discussed, China cannot just take anything because they lack any ability to project their Military power beyong regional borders. Secondly, if they get everything they need from 3rd world countries, why is China buying up so much of Australia's natural resources. I have at least provided some backing to my claims, yours just looks more like your gut feeling with no substance.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by woogleuk

I hope so

I don't think Australia has really cared for Britain's help since the incident during WW2...where Britain didn't actually attempt to help Australia (even though they stated that they would).

Times have changed though, so i hope Britain would come to our aid if need be...

To be fair we were too busy trying to save Europe and ourselves at that point. Britain could have easily fallen were it not for our ingenuity and stubborn attitude.

I DO like to think the UK would back up Australia though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I do not think quoting Treasurer Wayne Swan rates, I am guessing you do. Is he not part of the same Government that has successively lied to the Australian public, carbon tax rings a bell.

You might like to do a Google search and see the Chinese influence in several of the third world countries other than Australia, they only do business with us because it suits them at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

I am fully aware that China has bought up lots of land/resources in Africa. That was not your point though. You were trying to say that Australia needs China more than China needs Australia, which is factually incorrect. I have already pointed out to you that China buys most of Australias natural resource exports and to add to that Australia is one of a very few Westernised nations that is quite capable in providing for its self in every aspect. Australia is resource rich. Therefore your original point is wrong, Australia do not need China at all. I couldn't care less about China owning half of Africa in relation to this debate.
edit on 22-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Beg pardon? I hope China realizes if wishes were horses, fools would ride. The Australia I know of is not going to take warnings about who or what to 'side with', from anyone.

man, even i, being an american from california, know not to threaten a aussie...my father was friends with a few in the korean war, and nobody messed with that group, and he was glad that they were on our side

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Iamschist
Beg pardon? I hope China realizes if wishes were horses, fools would ride. The Australia I know of is not going to take warnings about who or what to 'side with', from anyone.

man, even i, being an american from california, know not to threaten a aussie...my father was friends with a few in the korean war, and nobody messed with that group, and he was glad that they were on our side

Oh, i don't know. I wouldn't mind messing with Kylie or her sister...........

link   

If the Chinese decided to load all their sea freighters with thousands upon thousands of Troops possibly millions and beach these along the coast of the NT, we would not stand a chance. Especially after the Chinese Nationals living in Australia with family and alliances in and to China, did their duty for the mother land. Have you been to Sydney recently? At a guess that would still leave a couple of hundred million soldiers to keep china safe.

Its not a matter of will it happen, but a matter of when. It is possible we are all safe anyway, at a guess the Grubment sold us out a while ago, they will just step in as managers on the Chinese behalf. And we can all continue being happy in the new Australia.

link   

If the Chinese decided to load all their sea freighters with thousands upon thousands of Troops possibly millions and beach these along the coast of the NT, we would not stand a chance. Especially after the Chinese Nationals living in Australia with family and alliances in and to China, did their duty for the mother land. Have you been to Sydney recently? At a guess that would still leave a couple of hundred million soldiers to keep china safe.

Its not a matter of will it happen, but a matter of when. It is possible we are all safe anyway, at a guess the Grubment sold us out a while ago, they will just step in as managers on the Chinese behalf. And we can all continue being happy in the new Australia.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Lets be honest, being American, Aussie, British or Canadian, or DNA is pretty much the same. There is no suprise that I class them all as fine people and people I hope my nation stays close with.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Mods can you please delete these duplicate posts, I am guessing I have a mouse or Keyboard problem. Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join