It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GUNZ, POLITICS the USA and ATS international members...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Dearest Ladies and Gentlemen,

I Am SOOOOOOO FED UP! (although i am still here!)

I decided to become an “active” member of OUR “International” community at the end of 2012.

When I first started to “Lurk” ATS, this community was about conspiracy issues and denying ignorance, discussing ongoing conspiracy topics etc etc…

What I have noticed since the 2012 end of the world thingummy jig is over is the amount of GUN and USA POLITICAL related issues coming from the USA!!!

OK, I can understand all points of views from the United States and even other countries, for which each person’s ideas are respected in my point of view also… BUT…

This is supposed to be a site dealing with Alternative news issues… NOT a GUN or POLITICAL forum for the USA… !

I think that I speak for many INTERNATIONAL ATS Members (I INVITE YOU TO PLEASE SPEAK UP AND EXPRESS YOUR PERTINENT VIEWS International members and USA members?)

There are many political and gun related forums available on Google… so may I suggest that you Google and then post your gun and political related ideas to those forums in question instead of spamming out all INTERNATIONAL members on ATS?

Please Mr site owner (and associates), is it not possible to have keywords such as GUNS, POLITICS etc… pushed along to another sister site of ATS for people that are interested in these types of discussions and leave the conspiracy topics available to read for those in the INTERNATIONAL membership network available without having a page full of GUNS and POLITIC spam?

In my eyes ATS does not signify GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, POLITICS, POLITICS, POLITICS…
OK… from time to time USA and GUN issues may become part of the conversation, but for at least a little respect for INTERNATIONAL members… is it possible to have a little consideration?

I have noticed over the past couple of months that each time an international member posts a thread concerning an issue that “Could” affect the rest of the world that this is either COMPLETELY ignored or that a nasty or unsavory response has been supplied by a US member in general (no attack intended, but if you go through the majority of most threads and responses this is true!)

Of course I am expecting unsavory responses from certain members but I really hope that other members from the international (Apart from the USA) express their constructive point of view).

Please excuse my English and the way I put forward my question (s) (if you have an issue with my question (s) send me a U2U if possible, otherwise don’t even to bother to answer with nasty or unsavory impolite replies or if you have had a couple of drinks and just want to be a compete and utter C***t, as I will not answer.)

Thanks to all

Kindest respects to all cultures

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I am sick of the topic too since its clear cut I have human rights and no one can take them away, and they are psychopaths for even considering it.

So yeah I cannot stand the gun debate its sickening.
I wont even bother with it.

I do like conspiracy related topics, or really anything and everything "weird" or "bizarre".

I think it is mostly a mind control tactic to get us to waste time chasing our tail, but I digress.
But we cannot really stop them from debating it endlessly. It is what it is. Political madness.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What do you expect? The majority of ATSers are American. And Guns and politics are a hot issue.

Like the 2012 threads, these too shall pass and we can go back to ..whatever it is we think ATS should be.

Don't get your knickers in a bind.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Well unfortunately you will probably always be fed-up with ATS then, because there is always some recent event that garners more than it's fair share of threads.

I'm glad the 2012 stuff is mostly over, next month it will be something else. That's the nature of all such web sites as ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes, OP.

And GUNS are filling up the "Newest Flags"- and "Active Hot Topics"-queues every day. I am quite bored with it. Especially as there are only two types of posters in those threads: I call them "rednecks" because they lovelovelove their weapons and everyone else. There is no discussion, as the one side always complains about their rights being taken away and the other side trying to expain that a live without AR-weapons is possible, too.

This is followed by a cycle of mutual flaming ad infinitum. Every time. Every time the exact same thing.

And it is filling up those queues. I would support the idea of a segregated area for that kind of "discussion".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85
What do you expect? The majority of ATSers are American. And Guns and politics are a hot issue.

Like the 2012 threads, these too shall pass and we can go back to ..whatever it is we think ATS should be.

Don't get your knickers in a bind.

[/quote

Greetings Generator,

My Knickers are not in a bind/twist etc... Just a question...(although Rantwise.)

I do not expect anything in general although i REALLY hope for pertinent responses from international users but of course it is absolutely normal that responses may be received by people who feel targeted... which is not my initial goal of course!

I would love to know the Stats from ATS as to the percentage of users in general throughout our ATS international community in order to calculate and make more precise facts? is it possible Mr ATS Owner?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I buggered up my quote thing again... i am crap but i think that everyone figured out what i meant?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We Americans are a vocal bunch
, goes along with that whole freedom of speech thing, makes us think we can all have opinions and this site encourages us to voice them.

We have had a series of unfortunate events here, disasters of horrific proportions, for us, not for anyone else, I understand.
We have seen things about ourselves we cannot unsee. Our values and appreciation of freedom and what it takes to achieve that and keep it, are in conflict with our need to feel safe in our society, and keep our children safe. I am sure you can see that we need to talk about it. It may seem excessive to you, it is a complex issue, I would like to think after we have said all we have to say, and looked at all sides, we will come to a consensus and make informed rational decisions.

This site is a community and it is functioning as a community right now by allowing everyone to have a voice. The topic under discussion may not interest or impact you, but it is in the finest tradition of ATS, to provide a place where people can debate. Be patient, as a previous poster said, we will move on, when we are ready.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I know what you're getting at, but I don't think much will come of it.

Oh, and fyi, I like mis-wording idioms.. it's funny to see how people react to it. ...to me it is anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
, goes along with that whole freedom of speech thing, makes us think we can all have opinions and this site encourages us to voice them.

Yes. We won't take your freedom (We do have that over here too, anyway). But I would like to have the freedom to ignore those postings. Which is not really possible right now.

There are a lot of far more "weird" news and facts reported on this site, which is why I still frequent it. I don't mind those threads about some polit-heads I never heard about, that is just the usual noise of a large crowd, every once in a while something bobs up which may be completely unrelated to the majority.

Nevertheless, as you did say, this is a relevant topic. Even if only for US-members. Who seem to be annoyed by foreigners trying to get a discussion going. Therefore, I support the idea for an automatic move over to an "local news and threads, region USA"-part of this site.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Yes. We won't take your freedom (We do have that over here too, anyway). But I would like to have the freedom to ignore those postings. Which is not really possible right now.

There are a lot of far more "weird" news and facts reported on this site, which is why I still frequent it. I don't mind those threads about some polit-heads I never heard about, that is just the usual noise of a large crowd, every once in a while something bobs up which may be completely unrelated to the majority.

Nevertheless, as you did say, this is a relevant topic. Even if only for US-members. Who seem to be annoyed by foreigners trying to get a discussion going. Therefore, I support the idea for an automatic move over to an "local news and threads, region USA"-part of this site.

I fail to see how you are unable to avoid ignoring threads? I also don't see anyone being annoyed? How does having your feelings acknowledged, and trying to explain why things are the way they are right now sound annoyed?
edit on 22-1-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I fail to see how you are unable to avoid ignoring threads? I also don't see anyone being annoyed? How does having your feelings acknowledged, and trying to explain why things are the way they are right no

w sound annoyed?
[/quote

Gretings Lam,

You fail to see how i am unable to avoid ignorring threads!!??
e
Ok... i will try and make my "own" pont of view clear :

I read ALL relevant and intelligent threads... i also think very cerefully before replying to all relevant and intelligently thought out threads (my respects equally to Bernard)...

I am not here to act out an argument between "Brits, Americans... race, race etc... but just asked simple questions?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Although I'm kinda sick of all the gun threads recently and barely post in any of them, I maintain one thing. If the people of the US lose their guns, we all lose. That is my firm belief.

On a side note:

I only see one thread with the word 'gun' or 'gunz' in it and that is yours.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Generator85

Yep, I learned to go with the flow -so to speak- here on ATS, the gun threads will slow down after the debating is over. It will truly depend on what the legislators try to pull; as far as new regulations go.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Hiya Wideyes...

Very intelligent of you to do a screen shot, but... If you open up and and really look at at all or any of the Politico/Sandy Hook, Gun Threads or any thing to do with any kind of amendment bla bla, you will see what i meant... (otherwise, if you really want to argue... go to an arguers site) just Google.

Sorry, i didn't mean to create some kind of slanging or comparison match here on my new thread, just wanted to hear what international users and USA members felt (WITHOUT GETTING PIDDLED OF WITH EACH OTHER), Understand what i mean?

Warmest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Agreed, to a point. However, as a conspiracy site, these sort of topics have their place. Therefore rather than remove them entirely, why not have a dedicated Forum specifically for Gun Debate? It limits content to one area of the site but still allows debate and discussion for those interested.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Thank you Man...

A very clear, concise and pertinent answer for which i asked for

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hear, hear... OR

Maybe sopme people would like to hear Here, here!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hi Flav,

I think that what you have said is what i was trying to put across in my OP. Thank you

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Gretings Lam, You fail to see how i am unable to avoid ignorring threads!!?? e Ok... i will try and make my "own" pont of view clear : I read ALL relevant and intelligent threads... i also think very cerefully before replying to all relevant and intelligently thought out threads (my respects equally to Bernard)... I am not here to act out an argument between "Brits, Americans... race, race etc... but just asked simple questions? Kindest respects Rodinus

My response was in reply to ManFromEurope who said he was unable to ignore threads, not you. I ignore threads I don't want to read, by not clicking on them, as I'm sure you do also. I am really at a loss as to why everyone thinks I am trying to start something. I gave a reasonable response to your OP. I have no problems with anyone of any other nationality. I have no problem with people being tired of all the gun threads. I am also tired of them, however, the site is not about me.

You invited people from the USA to contribute did you not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join