It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Amendment - I am just in utter disbelief of this (older) video and wonder if it has been discus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am just in total shock and disgust,

The blatant stuidity and arrogance of these two 'govt employees' is beyond belief.

I honestly don't know if I could hold my temper as this guy did.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I would've turned the hose on her.

Its amazing the power they have now.. greater than the police. The officer at lest err'd on the side of prudence because he had no clue what federal and state constitutions says apparently.

I'm surprised she didn't say "You must comply citizen".
edit on 22-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay

The blatant stuidity and arrogance of these two 'govt employees' is beyond belief.

You know nothing. en.wikipedia.org...

Shows she had a right to be there....

"The local health officer or designee may order what is reasonable and necessary for prevention and suppression of disease and in all reasonable and necessary ways protect the public health.” As it turns out Julie has good cause to be on the property. The owner, Ray Kirkus, was apparently building an illegal septic tank which was leaking into local resident drinking water supply. Ray’s case was tossed out and he later issued an “SOS” to the “Indiana Militia.” "

raimundas kirkus v. la porte county health dept. cause # 46A04-0603-CV-141  7-28-06 DISMISSED

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Explanation: So what .. she still should of gotten a warrant! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: It is the issue of the warrant ... or the lack there off ... that was the defining issue of the video.

Until she got a warrant ... she was illegally trespassing!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Until she got a warrant ... she was illegally trespassing!

No she was not.... read the court case!
United States v. Dunn, 480 U.S. 294 (1987), is a U.S. Supreme Court decision relating to the open fields doctrine limiting the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
edit on 22-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by dianashay

You know nothing. en.wikipedia.org...

Shows she had a right to be there....

"The local health officer or designee may order what is reasonable and necessary for prevention and suppression of disease and in all reasonable and necessary ways protect the public health.” As it turns out Julie has good cause to be on the property. The owner, Ray Kirkus, was apparently building an illegal septic tank which was leaking into local resident drinking water supply. Ray’s case was tossed out and he later issued an “SOS” to the “Indiana Militia.” "

raimundas kirkus v. la porte county health dept. cause # 46A04-0603-CV-141  7-28-06 DISMISSED

Fair enough if this information is correct.

I think that the part that people have a problem with is the lack of proper identification, paperwork, and procedure. The only identification she had was a work badge that didn't have her full name on it and she refused to identify herself when the property owner demanded it.

Now, I understand she has a job to do but rights do not need to be trampled to do it. Proper declaration of purpose through official documentation and identification needs to be presented to the property owner.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree, not showing up without paperwork, not identifying herself,

along with all other reasons the judge in that case has made a lot of other enemies over his high tolerance of 4th amendment authority-breachers.

I still don't know how it was proven the septic area was contaminating the water supply if it was still being constructed.

top topics

join