It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Asking You To Do This But Who Can?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

"I honestly and catagorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever"

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It''s ok to be afraid. Just because you are doesn't mean everybody else is supposed to be. You sometimes where your name well.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I understand your point totally. I have two children myself. But contrary to you I embrace the unknown. Going down new avenues is very exciting to me. It helps me expand as a person and shows my children there's nothing wrong with being adventurous. Go for it and if you break an arm well... let it heal and get back on the horse.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Shema

You are asking for something very ignorant.

Fear can be very beneficial at times and is a primary human instinct.

I would refer you to my replies on the subject.

I am only talking about one specific fear, the fear of the unknown

I think you will find the term 'primary human instinct' fell by the side some time ago, decades.

You're kidding right? "decades"....lol.

Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all and has been with us since the dawn of mankind and will be with us until it's end.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Is there any reason why non-christians can't say it?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by Shema

OK FB status, now what?

"I honestly and catagorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever"
edit on 22-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

Bravo!

What now? I imagine we shall see.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Shema

Bravo!,my friend

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What is the definition of "unknown"...and in what context is "fear of the unknown" in regard's to the OP?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Having no fear of the unknown brings great power. "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.. to suffering"

edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
What is the definition of "unknown"...and in what context is "fear of the unknown" in regard's to the OP? [/quote

Its the fear of the possibility of what might happen to you] even though you don't know whether anything will happen to you. Its an unnatural fear, one that has been fostered upon you by events beyond your control, IE: 9/11

In believing that there is no one left who has no fear of the unknown the PTB offer everyone the guarantee of safety and security but in return you must relinquish to them many of the freedoms you have always taken for granted. Once we accept their terms, if we are so foolish to, and they think we are, they can control every facet of our lives as they please.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"Many demons rule Victor Von Doom, but not those of pettiness and fear!"

"No, madman! Whatever you may see there -- it is not fear! Fear is for lesser men . . . Never for Doom!"

All I need to know about life I learned from comic books.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by Logos23
What is the definition of "unknown"...and in what context is "fear of the unknown" in regard's to the OP?

Its the fear of the possibility of what might happen to you] even though you don't know whether anything will happen to you. Its an unnatural fear, one that has been fostered upon you by events beyond your control, IE: 9/11

In believing that there is no one left who has no fear of the unknown the PTB offer everyone the guarantee of safety and security but in return you must relinquish to them many of the freedoms you have always taken for granted. Once we accept their terms, if we are so foolish to, and they think we are, they can control every facet of our lives as they please.

I hope this helps.

Yes it does help......but I'm not sure if all fear of the unknown fall's within this context.......fear of the unknown on a personal level within very specific circumstances could be a totally different thing.
This said....I don't really understand how anyone can have a fear of the "unknown" in any literal sense...how can we be fearful in the absence of something? Fear as to be in response to a perceived "something" even if we don't understand it.
Well IT is silly oclock where I am so excuse me if I am missing something! lol

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
"Many demons rule Victor Von Doom, but not those of pettiness and fear!"

"No, madman! Whatever you may see there -- it is not fear! Fear is for lesser men . . . Never for Doom!"

All I need to know about life I learned from comic books.

I would never had guessed

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Yes it does help......but I'm not sure if all fear of the unknown fall's within this context.......fear of the unknown on a personal level within very specific circumstances could be a totally different thing.
This said....I don't really understand how anyone can have a fear of the "unknown" in any literal sense...how can we be fearful in the absence of something? Fear as to be in response to a perceived "something" even if we don't understand it.
Well IT is silly oclock where I am so excuse me if I am missing something! lol

Well yeah it is senseless and does one no good at all yet many are living in fear of something that they have not rationalized, it depowers them, they can't think straight anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

A little late on the reply, but better late than never. Now let's wait and see.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart

A little late on the reply, but better late than never. Now let's wait and see.

Bravo! Raven-Heart, its never too late.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading through this. I have no fear of the unknown, and am into adventures. I find the unknown very exciting.

I honestly, and categorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I do not fear the unknown, I embrace it. Not knowing what could happen is one of the joys of life. How could you fear that. It is what it is all about. The future it excites me. I have no idea what happens. But i know i am looking forward to it.

I only have one fear... Spiders.

Get out my face eight legged satan spawn

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
I enjoyed reading through this. I have no fear of the unknown, and am into adventures. I find the unknown very exciting.

I honestly, and categorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever.

Bravo! CatrionaBeldame

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie

I do not fear the unknown, I embrace it. Not knowing what could happen is one of the joys of life. How could you fear that. It is what it is all about. The future it excites me. I have no idea what happens. But i know i am looking forward to it.

I only have one fear... Spiders.

Get out my face eight legged satan spawn

Bravo! Snoopie

PS: The tiny ones are quite cute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join