It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Asking You To Do This But Who Can?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Flavian

But if you had no knowledge of snakes or their existance, and you encountered one, it would be the unknown. I think fear in this instance would be something that would keep you alive. [/quote

Follow me on this: You are hiking over the countryside unaware of the possible danger from snakes therefore you have no fear. Suddenly you see a snake right in front of you. You are going to get a hell of a fright and probably leap 10 feet in the air and your heart will miss a beat or two. The snake will slither into the long grass.

The next time you go for a hike you will either walk along in a state of constant fear and not enjoy yourself or you will walk without fear but with care and vigilance and still enjoy your day.
One is the way of weakness the other is the way of strength.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

I could not make such a statement. Not sure who in their right mind really could.

If a wormhole opened up in front of you, would you jump in not knowing where it would take you (Eject you into deep space or the deepest ocean)?

If a demonic entity materialized before you, would you entertain it believing it to be purely malevolent out to harm you?

If alien motherships appeared all over the planet but did not initiate contact and could be hostile, would you stand on top of a skyscraper shooting off flares? (OK, ATS members might do this one. lol).

Fear is not necessarily weakness. It's mostly there as a survival instinct.

Of course those are some pretty strong 'unknowns'. I don't know what you are really referring to. Something more likely? The future? Death?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Yes,but fear itself is the motivation to fight for the things we fear loosing ...the more we have the more we are afraid of loosing them and supposedly we fight more to keep them... But the one who displays the most aggression is not always the bravest one....Sometimes having a lot of belongings and dependents makes us take more diplomatic steps towards a threat.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Shema

I could not make such a statement. Not sure who in their right mind really could.

If a wormhole opened up in front of you, would you jump in not knowing where it would take you (Eject you into deep space or the deepest ocean)?

If a demonic entity materialized before you, would you entertain it believing it to be purely malevolent out to harm you?

If alien motherships appeared all over the planet but did not initiate contact and could be hostile, would you stand on top of a skyscraper shooting off flares? (OK, ATS members might do this one. lol).

Fear is not necessarily weakness. It's mostly there as a survival instinct.

Of course those are some pretty strong 'unknowns'. I don't know what you are really referring to. Something more likely? The future? Death?

But I'm not sure what you are referring to either so we are both a bit bamboozled I would have to say.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

I listed several examples of 'unknowns.'

Can you give some examples of what you consider 'the unknown?'

Death? The future? Risk-taking? Paranormal phenomenon? Taking a new job/moving cross-country?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
reply to post by Shema

Yes,but fear itself is the motivation to fight for the things we fear loosing ...the more we have the more we are afraid of loosing them and supposedly we fight more to keep them... But the one who displays the most aggression is not always the bravest one....Sometimes having a lot of belongings and dependents makes us take more diplomatic steps towards a threat.

. Still can't agree I'm afraid. We fight because we want to keep the things we cherish and possess and of course love. Its not a matter of fear. We fight because we are angry that someone is trying to take them away from us.
We fight because we believe in justice, freedom, equality. We fight against evil. Fear doesn't motivate us.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Shema

s an unknow to be feared
I listed several examples of 'unknowns.'

Can you give some examples of what you consider 'the unknown?'

Death? The future? Risk-taking? Paranormal phenomenon? Taking a new job/moving cross-country?

Well in regards this thread the future. Millions, if not billions of people around the world are fearful of the future.
This fear gives the PTB an excuse to play the protective parent, promising safety and security in exchange for our freedom. This is how they are intending to take total control.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
This subject is part of another thread by me but I want to singe it out .

I ask you to do this because apparently the PTB believe there is not one individual left in the world who can. Its simple enough but can you do it?

Make the following declaration that:

"I honestly and catagorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever"

No rewording of it please, as it is. Can you do it?

Christians strong in their faith have been declaring this for centuries.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OP, if family members start posting their dead ATS relatives on here, I'm holding you personally responsible for removing their fear of the unknown. Many times, it's the only thing that keeps us alive.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This subject is part of another thread by me but I want to singe it out .

I ask you to do this because apparently the PTB believe there is not one individual left in the world who can. Its simple enough but can you do it?

Make the following declaration that:

"I honestly and catagorically declare to the entire world that I have no fear of the unknown whatsoever"

No rewording of it please, as it is. Can you do it?

Anxiety, curiosity, and the tendancy to wonder if I could "handle it," whatever "it" would be...

I can't say I have no fear of it at all. But, I can say that my fears wouldn't hold me back from charging in, just to learn the unknown... and hopefully, be able to embrace it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Of course we're afraid of the unknown, that's why most of us strive to know everything .

(at least here)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Well I have fears of things that I do know, everyone does. As far as the unknown, only 1 thing I'm afraid of, so I cannot make that oath.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Did YOU say humans are designed to fear things? lol
Fear is not necessary for humans to survive. Caution is. Fear is constantly being overcome by brave individuals. Fear is essentially a sign of weakness. If a wild animals senses fear in a prey it goes in for the kill.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

Oh jeez, please give us your definition of 'fear'. Here are two definitions from Dictionary.com
--------------------------------------------------------------

fear [feer] Show IPA noun 3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety. 5. something that causes feelings of dread or apprehension; something a person is afraid of: Cancer is a common fear.

---------------------------------------------------------
Fear isn't just about going hysterically mad with trepidation. It's also having mild concerns.
--------------------------------------------------------
And now this from Wiki Fear

It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus...
...All people have an instinctual response to potential danger, which is in fact important to the survival of all species.

So, yes, the thing you find funny, that we were designed to fear things, is true.
edit on 1/22/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your wasting your time with this one I think my friend. Very valid and factually correct point, but it will not be ingested.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There's a difference between fear and caution. Fear is wild and untamed, caution is slow and practiced. Fear makes stupid decisions, and caution helps to save lives.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

There's a difference between fear and caution. Fear is wild and untamed, caution is slow and practiced. Fear makes stupid decisions, and caution helps to save lives.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Did you NOT read the definition I listed from dictionary.com??? What, is the dictionary now giving false definitions?

If I had hair I'd be pulling it out now!

As an emotion, fear has a range. All emotions do. Fear is NOT always wild and untamed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by jiggerj

Your wasting your time with this one I think my friend. Very valid and factually correct point, but it will not be ingested.

I swear that most heated debates on ATS come from the fact that people make up their own definitions to words.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

OK FB status, now what?

edit on 22-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Living a life dominated by fear is no way to live. You find things to knit-pick just for the sake of trying to prove someone is wrong. Maybe that is what your life has come down to.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Living a life dominated by fear is no way to live. You find things to knit-pick just for the sake of trying to prove someone is wrong. Maybe that is what your life has come down to.

Knit-pick? Okay, I guess that's what it's called when pointing out that someone doesn't know the meaning of a simple word, but creates a whole thread around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join