Ignorance is wise...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Any time you question a piece of inconclusiveness, whereas sometimes you might want to settle on it as a conclusion to save time... you are actually making a little path in your brain for another possibility to pop up and again and again and again.

"But think twice, That's my only advice" -Gnarls Barkley
edit on 22-1-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by No_man4

If there was miscommunication. I defined the term in order to achieve better communication. If you do not like the word, that is ok I guess. I don't see a reason why you would have to be forced to like something that you do not like (the word "ignorance").

The message was communicated and responses were received and replied to.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

an be in a factory working hours and be happy with their life while another in the same position could be feeling depressed and tired.

You have never worked in a factory I see, they suck period. Id pick being bored with no point in life rather than a factory labourer.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well, that is your preference I guess. You cannot know that for sure though, your opinion can be different if you were actually in the situation (no job, no social connections, and suicidal/depression). There isn't absolute certainty, you may think one thing is more preferable to you until you are actually in the situation (or your perspective changes)...

Whether something is "awesome" or "sucks" is an opinion, a view point. Perspectives can be and usually are different for each person. One person smiles doing their work and another one is depressed...
edit on 23-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, that is your preference I guess. You cannot know that for sure though, your opinion can be different if you were actually in the situation (no job, no social connections, and suicidal/depression). There isn't absolute certainty, you may think one thing is more preferable to you until you are actually in the situation (or your perspective changes)...

Well unless you fall into the category of (no job, no social connections, and suicidal/depression) then you are purely then speculating at both ends of the scale of pain and depression...that is no job/social isolation and the other end terrible slave job. Your making assumptions of how both these groups are feeling.

edit on 23-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'm not assuming anything about anyone. It was a hypothetical situation of "this" or "that" in order to show how thinking that one can be "better" or "worse", could not be known for sure...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not assuming anything about anyone. It was a hypothetical situation of "this" or "that" in order to show how thinking that one can be "better" or "worse", could not be known for sure...

Hypotheticals can be misleading at times as they can be incorrect and biased.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well, it seems that it would be biased, since the hypothetical situation is a made up situation not occurring now in reality, in this case used for the purpose of mental stimulation or philosophical insight.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, it seems that it would be biased, since a hypothetical situation is a made up situation not occurring now in reality, in this case used for the purpose of mental stimulation or philosophical insight.

You do mentally stiumulate me i must admit.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't know. I came to the realization once that I don't actually know anything for sure. Even that which we claim to have established definitively as true through science- what if I am dreaming right now? Or having a hallucination? Then whatever "facts" I hear, see, or read about can be invalid.

So there I was in that mental void, with no safety net, nothing to hold onto, just silence, and it seemed an eternity
(but maybe it was a moment, what do I know?) and I said, "Now what then?"
...and went on with the illusion, because there was nothing else to do!

I may "know" nothing, but I still choose to have opinions, preferences, focus of attention, anyway. I think this steers my experience in this illusion.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I don't know. I came to the realization once that I don't actually know anything for sure. Even that which we claim to have established definitively as true through science- what if I am dreaming right now? Or having a hallucination? Then whatever "facts" I hear, see, or read about can be invalid.

So there I was in that mental void, with no safety net, nothing to hold onto, just silence, and it seemed an eternity
(but maybe it was a moment, what do I know?) and I said, "Now what then?"
...and went on with the illusion, because there was nothing else to do!

I may "know" nothing, but I still choose to have opinions, preferences, focus of attention, anyway. I think this steers my experience in this illusion.

You may not have certainty, but you have relativity... and we have no choice but to build upon it.

All the while remembering it is still relative.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

A cup is a vessel designed to hold flluid. A human is a vessel designed to hold experiemces. We cant remain a empty cup in our lifes and when we reach the brim its time to release our experiences back to life or death whoch ever comes first.
edit on 23-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

A cup holding on to fluid begins to stale and stink.

A human holding on to its "fluid" (experiences) becomes bitter (if negative) or nostalgic/longing (if positive).
edit on 24-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A cup holding on to fluid begins to stale and stink.

A human holding on to its "fluid" (experiences) becomes bitter (if negative) or nostalgic/longing (if positive).

Do you like humans?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It is not a certain answer, it depends. I do not like the controlling nature of humans - how it is temping to control others to force them to do something against their will. That is one example of how I can not answer that question definitely. It all depends. It is uncertainty.

I'm not sure what that has to do with ignorance though..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not sure what that has to do with ignorance though..

Someone living in physical pain will not cease to feel the pain no matter how ignorant they are of their humanity.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

How can you know that for certain? That is an assumption. It's possible to not feel a current physical pain while dreaming, and it's possible to not feel physical pain if there is a lack of an awareness of it (for example - a paper cut that doesn't hurt until it is noticed). It's possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How can you know that for certain?

Is it not true that compassion makes people happier even if they are not aware it is making them sad?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It depends on the perspectives of the person (and their research) you ask. One study seems to suggest that compassion makes people happier in general more than not having it. Maybe there are others offering another perspective. There always seem to be.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It depends on the perspectives of the person (and their research) you ask. One study seems to suggest that compassion makes people happier in general more than not having it. Maybe there are others offering another perspective. There always seem to be.

So perspective determines moods and feelings. Is not then it a superior condition for a person to have a perspective which can be changed as easy as changing channels between TV channels, so always to chase the best feeling. And what is the best feeling is it 100%i ignorance of morality to have pleasure in its more depth and intense forms.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join