It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

Really, Have all you People lost your ability of Critical Thinking.

yeah, it's like someone is trying to deliberately cause the collapse of the U.S., by instigating irrational fear and paranoia...go figure, and on a conspirecy site, no less.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Of course - why would you NOT want to know how psycopathic or prone to massacres your troops are??

Unfortunately, I think they were inquiring about the WILLINGNESS to obey orders given and fire on "domestic enemies" and not the other way around.

Measuring 1 establishes the other - the point remains.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

And so it begins. Can't say that many of us didn't see this coming.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Bilk22

The military relies on the same infrastructure as the civilian population. Roads, power, fuel.

Logistically, it'd be a stretch.

I am not educated on the quality of infrastructue of nations outside of the United States. I know that many are equal to or better than the infrastructure in America, such as most modern, generally peaceful nations.

United States infrastructure is still very, very good, when compared to other modern countries. As good as it may be, it needs much work and it needs it quick.

Like many citizens, when it comes to 'hostile' foreign nations, I only see what is portrayed in the media and various places on-line. That gives me the perception that the war torn regions have a terrible, very bad infrastructure and it only deteriorates further when the war is 'on'.

Somehow the military is able to invade the lands that have a shattered infrastructure and carry out initiate their war campaigns...

One of the first priorities of invading a foreign land is to disrupt the infrastructure. Making the region's infrastructure unstable produces a situation where it is nearly impossible for the enemy to coordinate a logistical defence and/or counter-offencive.

A domestic infrastructure collapse would not hinder the United States Armed Forces in such a drastic way as many tend to believe.

The USAF, USMC, USN (United States Navy), US Army, USCG (United States Coast Guard), USNG (United States National Guard) are trained to obliterate infrastructure and navigate the very same obliterated infrastructures.

It's an important aspect to their strategy, as it plays a vital role in segregating the local civilian/military population, subsequently wrenching control away from the enemies and mainaining the upper hand throughout the war.

If the military is ordered to engage their own citizens in a full-on assault, one of the first things they will do is break the domestic infrastructure. This will help eliminate the potential of any citizen based militia ( Wolverines! ) being formed and the subsequent launch of any defencive efforts.

The military has absolutely no mobility concerns in a region where the infrastructure is in shambles. I believe they would actually prefer a broken infrastructure to wage war in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Utter bull. Your "shock claim" headline has a source about as reliable as a rumor passed through a bunch of children.
If you really think that this is true, perhaps you should join the military and get a good dose of reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well again and again when this question comes up, there are varying opinions on the matter. But the real big question that no one seems to be able to answer is WHAT PERCENTAGE of military would side with the people and disobey those orders. And what percentage of THOSE would actually turn on their commanding officers for issuing those orders, and arrest them. I have no doubt the senior military has been trying to find this out for years.

But if Katrina was any indication, the people are screwed.

I've given this alot of thought. IMHO, 9/11 & the never ending war we have engaged in because of it is killing alot of birds with one bullet. Its not just about the oil, its not just about controlling Afghanistans opium supply and making sure that it gets to Russia.

Endless war has made our troops battle-hardened. When a soldier is given an order to kill a child or a naked person (obviously unarmed) they have to follow those orders.

To not obey would result in extremely dire consequences for them.

A civilian you don't know is a civilian you don't know, PoTAYto - PoTAHto.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I admire "source nazi's" who can't see the forest for the trees.

Just try not to stay optimistic until its to late, ok?

Till' the day before though.. Stay optimistic and pay no attn. to this dribble mmmk.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am shocked by the remarkable connotative dissonance that goes on with the folks that claim, "oh, the military won't fire on Americans," or even question the idea. To say this defies all the evidence to the contrary!

Police do it every single day!!!!!!!!!

The police folks entrusted to "protect" kill a shocking number of their wards everyday, with impunity, because they are told to. The military folks are paid NOT TO THINK, but to simply act on orders. The whole code of "chain of command" is all about making sure the grunt at the bottom with the gun shoots at whoever, and wherever, the hidden hand says to. This is the ENTIRE POINT OF THE MILITARY! The military isn't a system based on moral and spiritual consideration in the moment. but one based on killing. from the Crusades to Vietnam where "military" righteously killed the bad guys, to Stalin, Pot, Mao, where the military killed no one but their own families and countrymen it happens all the time.

Of course this will happen, without issue, without protest, without any hint of opposition. It has happened, does happen, and will happen. Men with guns kill, that is why the have guns, men with guns told to kill, kill, that's why there were given the guns.

This means the "litmus" test is not only reasonable, it is justified.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Originally posted by TKDRL
Die as a free man, or live as a slave. Hmm, tough choice.

Could always try to run and hide? Just DON'T get caught.

If it comes down to me going to a FEMA camp or being killed on the spot.. I will bring the marshmallows.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

True - if those are your choices you'er kind of screwed.

Fortunately I have a choice to live as a free man, even without guns. Excuse me while I take that one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"We interrupt this program with an urgent report:"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I don't believe it. This sounds like an anti-Obama rant. That's just wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well as I have said before I would rather die on my feet than on my knees if the worst comes to pass.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Fear mongering and utter conspiracy theory bullshìt. Who was his source, a friend of a friend of Alex Jones?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I will find it difficult to believe that even though the office inhabitant were to even suggest such a thing, It would even be given a chance to proceed by the PTB. The real puppet masters in control of the monies for the world will not see any good outcome to a civil war in respects to their bottom line. There would be far too much in losses financially. And besides, I have had many conversations with my Military friends(of which nearly all dislike the current chief) and to fire on Americans is not an option, many protocols against this along with pride and protections of freedoms and liberty.. ya know, the oath thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Careful, as this could be an intentional leak to make people act crazy and then declare a police state. If this is true we will hear about it in the upcoming days or weeks. Be cool for now.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

6. Follow this mans logic and you WILL DIE.

Why would you want to LIVE in servitude after giving up your rights?

There are things in this world worse than dying.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You know how I know that this claim is completely bogus? Because it wouldn't make a difference what Obama's highest ranking military officials would do when faced with the decision of shooting American citizens. They wouldn't be the ones who had to pull the trigger.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Because it wouldn't last forever. Those who wish to opress everyone in the world's logic is flawed.

I would happily bide my time.. similarly to the way I already am. You can't have a successful revolution without alot of people on board.

TPTB will unintentionally unite us.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Having to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life doesn't really appeal to me though. Plus to run, I would be leaving my family behind to fend for themselves, and they are a lot of the reason I live in the first place.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join