It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting theory about Bush/election/does he even care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Put your party aside, republican, democrat forget it, here is something that my gf of all people mentioned to me that got me thinking.

Bush and co. are privy to a ton of behind the scenes stuff that could probably both destroy him and catapult him to an easy win, correct??

That beings said, Kerry, the debates, terrorism, bin laden etc there are several things Bush could of done that would of probably made this race a non issue.

Ex:Roll Bin Laden out, show evidence that Syria was or maybe has Iraq's WMD's, kill Zarkawi, take on Iran in some form, N.Korea as well.
Why doesnt he...something is up, almost like he knows something is coming that will make everything else moot, something so big the country will be shaken to its core, he leaves me w/this feeling that, it don't matter what happens, what is said by his opponent, what each others parties do to each other, the media etc, its like he is just bidding his time.

That is scary, I mean sure sure, you can say, W is a moron, an idiot, etc, yeah he doesnt speak well, but he's not stupid, so I say call BULL#, something is up and something big.
Why else would he not attack Kerry about the missing amno, his senate record, his wife being a loose cannon, why wouldnt he roll out Bin Laden(surely we have him) Syria and the WmD's, why dont we hear more about Sadaam and what he is telling us..

Its like you hear Rush, Hannity, Boortz all saying Kerry was hanging all these softballs for him to hit out of the park and he lets them go by...why.....why...why...

Am I nuts...

Thanks for reading

Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I sometimes have to turn around and complain to my wife sometimes at all the opportunities Bush has missed sometimes. I wonder sometimes if he really is clueless. Then I come back to reality.

My theory on presidential policies is that we never know the whole story. Because of this, we often see "our guy" whether they be GOP or DEM, do something that just makes you shake your head and get a headache. It's sort of like trying to add 2 and another number to get 6, if you don't know that 4 exists. We have to trust that our head of state sees the BIG picture and all available facts, and can make a judgement on them. Elections are more about getting someone in office that corresponds to the way you think, not merely on issues, but on passion, logic, beliefs, and worldview. If we knew all the facts we could just sit down one day at the computer or voting booth and giude policy by majority rule. Representative Republic makes so much sense becuase it puts both trust and accountability into the equation...Otherwise it's just mob rule.

We'll never see all the facts...Get used to it...That is why this site exists...To try to get all the facts.

For example...think about it...Bush knows the truth about Roswell, abductions, ALiens, Black aircraft projects, WMDs, Terrorist attempts in the U.S. and abroad, the NWO, Hitler's death, JFK's death, etc...But he STILL has to go out in public and put on a show and not expose everything.

Ever look a pics of the presidents before and after office? They always start out young, and end up looking older than their years. I saw a pic of Clinton the other day; I actually think he looked older than Carter!?! The weight of the Presidency unnaturally ages a man. And it makes them make decisions that make absolutely no sense.

I guess the point of it all is to elect a man that you think can take it all and still remain the same as when you voted for him...

[edit on 10/28/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good points, Soulforge. This is why that no matter who sits in the office, they get my respect, if for nothing else having the balls to attempt to do what is probably one of the most difficult jobs on the planet. As much as I disliked (and still do) Bill Clinton, he at least gets some points for trying to do the job, no matter how misguided I think his efforts were.

People on this and other sites bash our leaders a good bit, certainly with cause in many cases, but no one here to my knowledge has to wake up every day and know that they will be making decisions that will effect the lives of possibly billions of people, both American and non-Americans. Talk about pressure...

As to why Bush lets some of these sweet jab opportunities go by, I think the GOP plan is to let Kerry and Co. get more and more absurd as they get more and more desperate. I think they believe that the more Kerry opens his mouth, the more people will see what he's really about.

I agree that we (the public) will never know all the facts. That is why we should be electing people we trust to make the right decisions for us when confronted with the true facts.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
thanks for the insightful reply's, that is what this board is all about.

I try and not read or pay all that much attention to the news etc cause they all slant it in both parties ways but something hit me this weekend and hit me hard that caused me to really believe that people are divided and in a big way.
I am really not in favor or either, the thing is and they always say, dont discuss politics or religon with family, however at a recent dinner my entire family somehow stepped in it..and it was on, and I can honestly say, people, mom, sister, brother in law were pissed pissed to the point of fighting at one another, almost what they want, bring us together after 9-11, then divide us again so bad that geniue hate becomes involved.

I gotta stop reading Steve Quayle, Alex Jones and Joel Skousen, geez..

Good post though ay?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
its still their choice to become a president so still no excuses. i dont take pity on how fast they age. when you become a president, you have your own aims as well as aims to please others. maybe his aim was to follow his dads path? maybe he thought god chose to give him power. maybe he just wanted a place in history. who knows? we didnt force them to become president. i believe whoever is the president is just not there for the people however patriotic he may be.

[edit on 28/10/2004 by Channy]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
He didn't really care last time, either. Why? Because the election was fixed in his favor. Now, isn't it funny that all these highly controversial computer voting machines, with vulnerable databases that don't leave a paper trail, are being installed everywhere? States are being given funds and kickbacks, as incentive, to install these new machines. Do you suppose they're mastering the art of fixed elections?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The reason he doesn't attack Kerry personally on these issues is a matter of credibility. Why hit somebody in the nose when your buddies will do it for you. Let's take the swift boat group for example, Bush publicly says he respects Kerry's war service, yet his supporters are behind this attack. Bush knows he can't attack a combat veteran without calling attention to his Fortunate Son status, but have you really dug into the swift boat group, look at who their lawyer is. That is just one example of many.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks, Damned, you didn't let me down. I told myself the thread won't make it past the firct page before someone would say something, well, something as brilliant as what you just said.

Whopper, I hear what you are saying and have wonderd the same thing. The only thing that comes to my mind is that the home runs he could tell us are sensitive in nature, we have no need to know. There are things more important than personal politics. I believe Kerry knows this and is taking undue advantage. Again, there are more important things than personal politics.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Thanks, Damned, you didn't let me down. I told myself the thread won't make it past the firct page before someone would say something, well, something as brilliant as what you just said.

Ok, if you're not being sarcastic, then thanks.
You have to admit, it does appear rather suspicious. I also wonder if there really even is a battle between democrats and republicans. Sure, Americans seem to care, but do the candidates really care, or is it just an act for the sake of the voting drones? It sure would be easy to lose an election on purpose, wouldn't it? How do we know this has never happened? How do we know it's not going to happen?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is a bipartisan worry. Sure, it will install a Republican president, but most people here, Republicans, are good people with honor, even though the national party has forsaken it.

It's more basic & less sinister, on thread: I loved to spar ( Hence, the name! ). I loved the physical chess match that could have you eating foot or digging out someone's ribs. You learn, early on, that when you get to a high level, each strike or counter in each application has it' own set of consequences. If you throw a sweeping roundhouse from the wrong angle & depth, your opponent has a clean shot at doing some make-your-mamma-feel-it-damage.
Same thing in politics, especially when there is so much the Bush Administration has done that has been ideologically driven & forgoing of the best logic at the time. So, no one can dispute that Bush leads a very highly managed & orchestrated presidency by his handlers. I'm sure they look to the potential downside of raising certain subjects, because it will invite review of what they did or said in that area.
They're just trying to make it out of the last round without being knockedout, that's all.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm sure they look to the potential downside of raising certain subjects, because it will invite review of what they did or said in that area.
They're just trying to make it out of the last round without being knockedout, that's all.

Well said Bout Time!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whopper chopper
Bush and co. are privy to a ton of behind the scenes stuff that could probably both destroy him and catapult him to an easy win, correct??

Well, yes and no. There have been lots of complaints that Bush does NOT really listen to his advisors and doesn't actually read the briefings:
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Even the former head of his Faith Based Initiative (DiIulio) said that Bush essentially is a loose cannon, who filters what he hears through his own agenda. So he might be privy to it, but he doesn't (from multiple reports) use it as research for his actions. Those who disagree get silenced:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That beings said, Kerry, the debates, terrorism, bin laden etc there are several things Bush could of done that would of probably made this race a non issue. Ex:Roll Bin Laden out, show evidence that Syria was or maybe has Iraq's WMD's, kill Zarkawi, take on Iran in some form, N.Korea as well.

Why doesnt he.

Because he can't. He'd love to, but the evidence, etc, just isn't there.

That is scary, I mean sure sure, you can say, W is a moron, an idiot, etc, yeah he doesnt speak well, but he's not stupid, so I say call BULL#, something is up and something big.

We've had him as governor. He's not terribly bright, he's influenced by anyone he thinks can help him stay in power, and he has some fixed ideas and won't change them (one was that he needed to "get Iraq..." This was something from the start, even when it was no threat. Long before 9/11.
(www.npr.org...)

Why else would he not attack Kerry about the missing amno, his senate record, his wife being a loose cannon, why wouldnt he roll out Bin Laden(surely we have him) Syria and the WmD's, why dont we hear more about Sadaam and what he is telling us..

a) he's tried, but it doesn't play well. The ammo disappeared on his watch after being warned to secure it.
b) Kerry's senate record isn't that bad, and a lot of times senators vote against bills based on the riders (the pork barrel spending attached to it.)
c) He doesn't have bin Laden.
d) There weren't any WMDs. This is what the inspectors told him BEFORE we went in (and this is what the rest of the world kept telling him... all those protests.) The Army can't find them because they aren't there. Saddam was neutralized.
e) What's for Saddam to tell? He's getting older by the minute, there's no support, he's captured, he's lost face, he has no WMDs and there was (as the rest of the world has said and keeps saying) no connection between Al Qaida and Iraq.

Bush hasn't a leg to stand on in those issues.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He's not terribly bright, he's influenced by anyone he thinks can help him stay in power, and he has some fixed ideas and won't change them (one was that he needed to "get Iraq..." This was something from the start, even when it was no threat. Long before 9/11.
(www.npr.org...)

This is more than likely an attempt to earn the approval he so desperately seeks from his father. He probably figured vengeance on Iraq, for his father's sake, would buy him that approval. Isn't it obvious? I'd go as far as to assume their whole family is a screwed up mess on the inside. There's no room for normal family relationships in lives surrounded by such power and greed.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Damned]

new topics

top topics

join