Mitt Romney didn't even want to be president

page: 2
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Becoming a president means he will ONLY gets $400,000....


"Pay cut?" No thanks!
edit on 1/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
how sad. he was used by the elite. not even that into it. no passion, just a pretty face put there. for all to fight over. usa is under the thumb.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 



Originally posted by luciddream
Becoming a president means he will ONLY gets $400,000....


He certainly doesn't need the money. He wanted the "power" and the position. I can't be convinced that he didn't want to win. But I'll bet Ann sighed with relief when he lost! I DO believe she didn't want him to win.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


For sure. The only reason he actually came this far is because money and unlike his other politician who mouthed off too much, he kept his mouth shut.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 


You obviously have no clue as to what Libertarians value. How can they secretly want control when they continually ask for smaller government? They want to legalize drugs (again another control scheme implemented by the current dominant parties). Bring troops home (can't control the world if no one is deployed). Repeal the Patriot Act and NDAA (Obvious tools used to circumvent the Constitution). They value state's rights (stripping control from the federal government).

Also Ron Paul was a Republican, not a Libertarian. Gary Johnson was the Libertarian candidate. Ron Paul just happened to side with many Libertarian ideals so it made him popular with the Libertarian party. We are also growing, Gary Johnson took in 1% of the vote, the most any Libertarian candidate has gotten yet. While not at the needed 5% for federal funding, it is notable that more and more people are becoming disillusioned with the two corrupt parties that currently run the country.

Please leave the Libertarian party out of the usual mud slinging and slander that the Republican and Democrat parties like to engage in. We don't even get enough support to appear on tv to even attempt to do any of that.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   


Ron Paul would have lost to Obama with crazy numbers. He wasn't popular in the real world. Just in the political minority at college campuses, conspiracy theorists, and Tea Party groups. The average person had no clue who RP was.
reply to post by WaterBottle
 


The average person didn't know where he stood on issues because the media kept Paul out of the lime light. The only time they brought him to the front was to ridicule him.

I would have bet my last dollar that if Ron Paul became the front runner for the republican party, the televised debates between him and Obama would have surprised the "average person" and moderate liberals. Heck, he was getting support from liberal comedians and Bill Maher! Paul's ideology on the issues had something for both political sides to chew on. He would have pulled more support as his stance on the issues became more apparent in the main stream political arena.

Paul was the black bull who stood by his convictions and pointed out the problems with Political issues and government policies. The political establishment knew if they gave him any breathing room the politically corrupt game plan in Washington would have been over.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


My wife said the same thing. I think it's a little of both. He's probably just being a sore loser, but I never really felt his heart was in it from the beginning.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It really speaks volumes about the internal politics of the GOP when they'd rather loose w/Romney than give Ron Paul an actual shot.

I don't think the GOP ever really stood a chance against Obama anyway, and the GOP did their best to mitigate the "Ron Paul Factor".

The GOP will have to become more libertarian in future elections to keep the 18-30 vote. As each term goes by, more and more younger people with more socially liberal views (like gay marriage) are entering the voting population. I'm not even including the increasing minority vote.

Change is "scary" to the GOP, and their unwillingness to be fluid and flexible has cost them much of their progress. The fact that even their own ideas thrown back at them via the President get shot down is another issue unto itself.

If I were a die-hard Republian ... I'd be so pissed at my party.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by timetothink
 


Herman Cain destroyed himself by sexually harassing a bunch of women in his past.

And by not knowing what the hell he was talking about...


edit on 21-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)


Oh yeah, this interview was hilarious !



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Becoming a president means he will ONLY gets $400,000....


"Pay cut?" No thanks!
edit on 1/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)


Isn't it $400K a year? So becoming President guarantees $1.6 million?

Still a paycut for Mittens though.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons



Ron Paul would have lost to Obama with crazy numbers. He wasn't popular in the real world. Just in the political minority at college campuses, conspiracy theorists, and Tea Party groups. The average person had no clue who RP was.
reply to post by WaterBottle
 


The average person didn't know where he stood on issues because the media kept Paul out of the lime light. The only time they brought him to the front was to ridicule him.

I would have bet my last dollar that if Ron Paul became the front runner for the republican party, the televised debates between him and Obama would have surprised the "average person" and moderate liberals. Heck, he was getting support from liberal comedians and Bill Maher! Paul's ideology on the issues had something for both political sides to chew on. He would have pulled more support as his stance on the issues became more apparent in the main stream political arena.

Paul was the black bull who stood by his convictions and pointed out the problems with Political issues and government policies. The political establishment knew if they gave him any breathing room the politically corrupt game plan in Washington would have been over.


That's a lie.

The media kept trying to discuss him and his party kept him out of the lime light.

Many news people kept trying to bring it back to Ron Paul and they even complained they thought he was disrespected. Please. If you tell a lie often enough it does not automatically at some point turn into the truth. I know...That's news too.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   


The media kept trying to discuss him and his party kept him out of the lime light.
reply to post by newcovenant
 


So what's your point? Yep, his own party did try to keep him out of the spot light like I said. And I also said, when the media did give him some lime light they ridiculed him that his ideas were too extreme. The media was behind Obama during the entire campaign. If you didn't see it you kept one eye closed. The Democrats wanted Mitt as the front runner, their spin doctors even said it publicly.

This is coming from someone that is an independent but sides most of the time with the liberal point of view. But if you're going to call me a liar, maybe you should stand back and look at the whole political picture instead of being blinded by your own political bias. Anyone who isn't shackled to one party, can at least identify both parties propaganda and stretching of the facts. The media from the start labeled Ron Paul as extreme and it stuck. Those voters who don't follow the issues of politicians bought it hook line and sinker.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle
 


Mainstream media kills brain cells.

He never harassed anyone, the nut job that accused was fired for being a liar. And it was only one accusation.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by WaterBottle
 


Mainstream media kills brain cells.

He never harassed anyone, the nut job that accused was fired for being a liar. And it was only one accusation.


Yeah I prefer to get my news from a cult and from other people who think the same way I do.
Sure, it kind of changes the definition of "news" but really, who cares? Information is what you make of it.






top topics



 
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join