Mitt Romney didn't even want to be president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Where's Mitt?

Romney’s son Tagg told The Boston Globe in December that his father was never really all that into winning the nation’s highest office anyway.

The man spent 992 MILLION dollars and he wasn't all that into being president. Can't say I'm surprised, but it was a pretty close race. Imagine if he actually won.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Romney’s son Tagg told The Boston Globe in December that his father was never really all that into winning the nation’s highest office anyway.

Exactly, the whole exercise was to ensure Ron Paul did not become the alternative vote to Obama.

Pathetic - I'm not even from your country and I could see this.

How sad.....and damned frustrating!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Just think. He was the Best the GOP could put forth, that is funny, in a sad way.

Stick a Fork in the GOP.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yep. They're definitely done. I'm not a lefty, but I have to say the GOP is (hopefully) just done.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Exactly, the whole exercise was to ensure Ron Paul did not become the alternative vote to Obama.

Agree with you 100% Ron Paul would have dismantled all this unconstitutional carp that is going on.

Heve you hugged you BANNED book today?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well gee whiz. When I'm bored with spare money, I go to the shooting range or I go catch a movie at IMAX. I might even take a couple day vacation out of town if I have enough.

When the VERY wealthy like Romney are bored? They run for President.

Is it too late to note how much I've come to hate that man? I've never liked him much anyway..but hey, he was the better of two really rank choices...and only because 1st term screw ups aren't as dangerous as 2nd term lame duck screw ups. Now I have good reason to really think of him as what killed the 2012 chance at avoiding the strife to come. I hope all his fortune brings him nothing but bad luck and misery...as his little lark sure means for all of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
why does a billionaire run for president and spend $100mil when he doesn't even want the job? Because he can.

Its not like he spend his money anyways and I bet he pocketed at least a few million for himself for running.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is really old news...

But it is more than clear Mitt Romney wanted to be President. This is why he ran TWO elections in a row with the goal of becoming president.

He and his sons are nothing but sore losers.

Cry moar richie rich.

edit on 21-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, I will say I think Herman Cain put a scare into the Obama machine also.

He was exactly opposite of the party line on what it is to be black in America.

They destroyed, Herman, Ron and Gary to make sure the weakest candidate got up against Obama.

Mitt was the farthest opposite of Obama you could get.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Ron Paul would have lost to Obama with crazy numbers. He wasn't popular in the real world. Just in the political minority at college campuses, conspiracy theorists, and Tea Party groups. The average person had no clue who RP was.

Paul was never trying to be president. He was setting up a career for his son, hiring his other family and giving them campaign jobs with huge salaries and setting up his own retirement fund. He played all his supporters.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Herman Cain destroyed himself by sexually harassing a bunch of women in his past.

And by not knowing what the hell he was talking about...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Doesn't this say a whole lot about how Republicans choose the man they would like to run the free world? He doesn't even have to want it. They don't even have to like him. As long as he rolls over the way they want him to. What kind of man is that? It is not a man. It is a puppet. I wonder who the next puppet will be?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Paul was never trying to be president.

That is too bad, he would have made a great president, imo.

You speak with such conviction.....I would appreciate some source references to back up those 10 opinions to just mentioned in your response to me.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

If it were Ron Paul against Obama the numbers would have been even more overwhelming in favor of Obama. You know how the squeaky wheels get the grease? That is the only way I can explain what people see as Libertarian support.

There are NOT that many of them but they are so outrageous in their behavior they make the news.

They are as out of touch, clicky and isolated as the KKK, Taliban, Orthodox Jews or any group you can't get into unless you are brainwashed to a certain extent. They all think anyone outside their "Reindeer Games" are "sheep" led by the LSM into the NWO. Ultimately - they want freedom to control others who are not willing participants. They are oppressors who you recognize because they leave a trail of victims.

NWO? Some people want to see war, hunger and poverty go away.

Wouldn't that be new?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Agreed 100%, Ron Paul polled better against Obomber and attracted thousands more than Romney. Im fairly convinced that anyone with a clue knew Romney had no chance of unseating a president and used him to keep Obama around and block out Paul. What I wonder is if Paul had beat Romney, would he get the electoral votes to beat Obomber, I know for a fact he would have had the peoples votes, the republicans would have had no choice, most of the liberal dems would have went Paul and undecideds and independents.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

No, he would have beat Obomber hugely, Rand Paul will get snuffed out too.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Rand Paul is satus quo republican. Why would he get snuffed out?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Rep. Ron Paul's signature libertarianism takes on a whole new meaning with the disclosure that he has paid more than $300,000 in salaries and fees to his daughter, brother, grandson, daughter's mother-in-law, granddaughter and grandson-in-law.

www.startribune.com...

Paul ends active campaigning in GOP presidential primaries --- but still kept begging for donations...
usatoday30.usatoday.com...
www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

edit on 22-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Ron Paul would have lost to Obama with crazy numbers. He wasn't popular in the real world. Just in the political minority at college campuses, conspiracy theorists, and Tea Party groups. The average person had no clue who RP was.

To say Ron Paul wasn't popular is a huge overstatement. He packed not only campuses, but stadiums of people who came to listened to him. In my home town (Baltimore) which is heavily Democrat, I saw more signs for Ron Paul then Romney or Obama.

How many people knew who Barack Obama was before the media bumped up his coverage? More people knew about Ron Paul even when the media tried everything they could to stop his popularity growth. The media plays the biggest role in who will become the next President. Hopefully with the internet becoming the bigger source for information, this will change.

Paul was never trying to be president. He was setting up a career for his son, hiring his other family and giving them campaign jobs with huge salaries and setting up his own retirement fund. He played all his supporters.

Well maybe your right, but then that means he's been working on his son's career for over 30yrs of service and sticking to his guns on topics that only he has brought to light in the world of politics.

Personally, I've always believed that Ron Paul knew how the media is ran, (in fact he told that to their face) and knew he would not be given a fair chance to win with the GOP. However, by running on the GOP ticket he would be able to get his message out to the younger generation in hopes of reforming the GOP to what it should be doing. It was always the message that mattered the most. Only those who got the message can understand that to be true.

edit on 22-1-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Sounds like something a sore loser says... "I didn't want to win, anyway"...
He sure could have fooled me! With as much as he spent and as hard as he campaigned, I think he wanted to win. He didn't really want the JOB of president, but he wanted to WIN.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum