The Desire to BE Lies at the Very Heart of Existance

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Shema
 





You operate your brain/mind, it doesn't operate you.


Don't ya just hate it when you tell your mind to keep repeating the same song over and over and over until it drives you nuts? I hate when I do that to myself!



I have sympathy for you. I don't have that problem thankfully. I do occasionaly run one of my own tunes through my mind though but not to the point where it irks me. Your mind is annoying you because you are neglecting to use it in the manner for which it is designed. Luckily for you its never to late to take it in hand, in fact you will find that it responds positively to discpline and direction.


You've never had a tune stuck in your head - never? Come to think of it, this never happened to me before the age of ten. So, maybe you're right that you haven't had this problem yet.




posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


In fact I have but a very long time ago which is why I can sympathise with you. No need to be itchy.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema
 





Desire is our life-force and its potency is sexual and the potency varies from person to person. Desire needs to be sublimated to be of the most benifit to you so it is wise to draw a line. A hedonistic lifestyle is a hazardous one and I couldn't recommend it but your potent desire may well open it up to you anyway if you don't draw that line.

Its up to you because you have complete freedom to create your own lifestyle through your desires by utilizing your in-built ultra super computer plus the tools and instruments that adorn your body. Most people don't have a clue. Read their responses.



Theres nothing immoral about hedonistic lifestyle if the computer is programmed for ultra desire.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Shema
 





You operate your brain/mind, it doesn't operate you.


Don't ya just hate it when you tell your mind to keep repeating the same song over and over and over until it drives you nuts? I hate when I do that to myself!



I have sympathy for you. I don't have that problem thankfully. I do occasionaly run one of my own tunes through my mind though but not to the point where it irks me. Your mind is annoying you because you are neglecting to use it in the manner for which it is designed. Luckily for you its never to late to take it in hand, in fact you will find that it responds positively to discpline and direction.


You've never had a tune stuck in your head - never? Come to think of it, this never happened to me before the age of ten. So, maybe you're right that you haven't had this problem yet.


I have had that happen to me to the point that it made me mad... and it's usually a song i can't stand.

I get other songs in my head but they come and go and it seems more like just something I'm allowing to briefly play in my head... but SOMETIMES


It has gone on for several days... to the point where I'm *waking up to the song in my head*

I've tried listening to other songs and also just not listening to any music at all for a while but it can be very persistent.

VERY annoying!



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

I have had that happen to me to the point that it made me mad... and it's usually a song i can't stand.

I get other songs in my head but they come and go and it seems more like just something I'm allowing to briefly play in my head... but SOMETIMES


It has gone on for several days... to the point where I'm *waking up to the song in my head*

I've tried listening to other songs and also just not listening to any music at all for a while but it can be very persistent.

VERY annoying!


This is one of the major flaws in the idea that our brains are merely a receiver, picking up thoughts from a universal consciousness. Or that we are in total control of our brains. Afraid not.



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Our minds/consciousness are processes produced by our brains
, and like all biological processes they aren't perfect and prone to malfunction, the least of which is having a catchy melody looping in the back of our heads.

The worst of which can be conditions such as schizophrenia and mass delusion, which are more common than you might think...



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Chrome had a brain fart while mobile, apologies.........oh the irony
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
edit on 23-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369
 


Sounds like your brain is trying to tell you something: LOL

Irony is ilfe's way of putting a smile of our faces



posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Shema
 





Desire is our life-force and its potency is sexual and the potency varies from person to person. Desire needs to be sublimated to be of the most benifit to you so it is wise to draw a line. A hedonistic lifestyle is a hazardous one and I couldn't recommend it but your potent desire may well open it up to you anyway if you don't draw that line.

Its up to you because you have complete freedom to create your own lifestyle through your desires by utilizing your in-built ultra super computer plus the tools and instruments that adorn your body. Most people don't have a clue. Read their responses.



Theres nothing immoral about hedonistic lifestyle if the computer is programmed for ultra desire.



Thing is, I'm not talking about morals. You have to make up your own mind on what is moral and what isn't but do it with your wellbeing at the forefront. If you are able to live a hedonistic lifestyle without any problems overtaking you, fine. You might be gaining from the experience, in fact you will be in one form or another. So long as you don't bring harm upon others what's to stop you? Certainly not me.



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The only issue I have with the brain/supercomputer comparison is that the memory is far less reliable in a human brain. When a crime or certain event is observed by a large group of people, many folks will have conflicting stories. This is fairly common and studies have been done on groups that know they are being monitored and still have that happen. Also the more time passes after an event, the less clear your memory of that event becomes, and quite often what you THINK you remember about is vastly different than how it actually happened, nomatter how clear it seems. On a computer you can pull up a document from years ago and it will be exactly the same as it was barring physical damage to the storage medium of course.



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs
 


Sure, when it comes to data storage the computer has it over the brain/mind which is a prime reason computers were invented originally. The computer is a complimentary tool for the mind which we use for various purposes but lets not overrate the computer as some are apt to do, when it comes to push and shove we can get by without computers, no problem whatsoever.





top topics
 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join