It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algerian PM blames Canadian for co-ordinating attack on gas plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As soon as I started reading about politicians calling for more to be done to combat militants in Algeria following the terorist attack on the gas plant I wondered if the whole thing had been orchestrated. Like it's neighbors Libya and Mali, Algeria is rich in natural resources.

Now the Algerian Prime Minister has come out and said a westerner had orchestrated the whole attack, probably a Canadian judging by his accent.

This follows on from reports from residents in Diabaly, Mali, that Islamists who overran the town there last week contained English-speakers and militants of European appearance.

This is all starting to look a bit dodgy to me.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well at least the threat is over.This must have involved all personal of the CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service).Yea, thats right both of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Well at least the threat is over.This must have involved all personal of the CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service).Yea, thats right both of them.

Just so you know, both of those CSIS members are armed with slingshots so best you be careful what you say about them or they'll start shooting beer bottle caps at your sorry butt.

You've been warned.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Okay Okay I give Up!!!!I just think it is dumb to take the actions of one person and try to blame a country.

IMO The Algerian P.M's name should be Richard Cranium
:lol
edit on 21-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Isn't it too warm for a Canadian to survive there at this time of year?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Just so you know, both of those CSIS members are armed with slingshots so best you be careful what you say about them or they'll start shooting beer bottle caps at your sorry butt.

You've been warned.

How dare you make fun of our secret service?! If you knew ANYTHING, you would know beer bottle caps are not accurate. They have been authorized by the Harper Gov't. to upgrade to marbles... they hurt more.

+ there's three, not two members...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

You've been warned.

How dare you make fun of our secret service?! If you knew ANYTHING, you would know beer bottle caps are not accurate. They have been authorized by the Harper Gov't. to upgrade to marbles... they hurt more.

+ there's three, not two members...

Come on! Be reasonable! You can not include the tea lady, that is just taking things way too far! Third person indeed!

P

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wow, i find this extremely disturbing, this could be the start of a major war in the days and months ahead should this be proved. Sure, Algeria may not have the most modern equipment to wage war on the West, but imagine the possible implications of this, seeing as the hostage death toll "include seven Japanese, six Filipinos, three Americans, three Britons and one Algerian," this could escalate. FAST.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I few interesting thoughts come to mind when I was reading about this.

I think it is interesting how the Algerians are saying that the terrorist “sounded Canadian”, I know as a European I am also getting into trouble by Canadians for mistaking their accent for American. Could be possible we are actually looking at a American.

Also I think it is important what this means in the bigger picture, press reports have stated that the terrorists came from a number of countries including Turkey, Libya and even one terrorist who had duel French citizenship. So I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Canadian, however it could be a Canadian with dual citizenship who has been in Africa for years in which case this is worrying but not terrifyingly so.

What could be a problem is if this is a Canadian national, it suggests a couple of things to intelligence analysts that could be a worry. Firstly the question is why would a Canadian end up in that position, the answer is probably that he has gone to a training camp and ended up attached to AQIM and then eventually ended up I this splinter group. The second problem is how did he end up getting to the training camp that is what will have CSIS worried. The way this would usually be done is that a Muslim in the community becomes radicalised usually online or at some kind of Islamic community group in his country of birth, in this case possibly Canada. If it is the case of the later, that he became radicalised in the community then this would prove that in Canada right now there is an active Al-Qa’ida cell that are recruiting and sending radicalised individuals out to AQIM training camps. It also means they might be planning something, they might be possibly.

Now I know I am overthinking this possibly but I would further deuce that because AQIM is a evolution of a terrorist group called AIG whose targets where primarily French(AQIM also targets france) that this hypothetical terrorist cell may be in French Canada, possibly Quebec quite close the America and as such could be used to launch attacks inside America. Therefore not only will the Canadians be worried about this but the Americans will also be worried.

edit on 22-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Or they said "Canadian" knowing that some intellectually stunted "Look how smart I am" detective would say " you know that Canadians sound like Americans.

Every time the SHTF, the finger is pointed at American involvement. Some people are becoming numb to this and disregard the facts. So now.... they toss it out as "Canadian" knowing that some internet crusader will inevitably vomit "American" sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MobiusShaun

Did you even bother reading that entire post?

I quite clearly spend the majority of that thread talking about this guy like he is indeed Canadian.

It is a legitimate observation saying that someone sounds “Canadian” could very well in the same breath mean they also sound “American”. It was a passing observation nothing more I am not saying that this guy was American, I spend the rest of my post writing on the basis that he is Canadian.

Next time you want to reply to one of my posts please read the entire post.

top topics

join