It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle Shaped UFO in NASA Photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

If a so called expert can say it is debris, then
the so called expert should be able to say to us
where the debris comes from, with so nice and easy
shape and color to see ???
RIGHT?

Blue skies.

Yes.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

Ice/Frost /Debris Assessment For Space Shuttle Mission STS=32 (61 -C)
January 20, 1986

STS-32 (61-C) POST-LANDING DEBRIS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
JANUARY 18-19, 1986 // report number TM 89192
OV-102, ET-30, 61024 and MLP
Distribution: Publicly Available
Security Classification: Unclassified

p. 78
A larger than normal number of missing gap fillers were observed. Several gap fillers were protruding...
A total of 19 diced tile and white tile segments were missing from the left and right hand fuselage sidewalls, nose upper surface and wing and elevon upper surfaces. The tile missing from the bottom of the star tracker well is believed to be that piece which was stationkeeping with the vehicle on-orbit and reported by the crew. One of the missing pieces was found by the Debris Team during the post launch pad inspection.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

......... now the question is what makes you so certain this was a UFO and not actual debris?

Why don't you turn that question around then, pose it to NASA?

Yeah sure human, Its NASA making these alien spacecraft claims which they need to explain.

If you do not believe in what NASA are saying learn the science to debunk their claims. Using their science you can shup everyone up once you prove using the scientific method that whats presented is false, until then like may before you just except the reality your in because trying to change it in the fashion your doing makes serious investigation of fringe topics a laughing matter

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

Depth is a product of a three dimensional world, a photograph is 2 dimensional.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How big is that "tile" then???

Jesus, NASA will say anything before admitting the truth (or that they don't know)....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
How big is that "tile" then???

Jesus, NASA will say anything before admitting the truth (or that they don't know)....

I could very well be the size of a tile (or not). In the near-vacuum of LEO, it is very difficult to measure distance and size, since the normal visual clues we use to determine distance on a 2D image taken on Earth don't always apply in space.

It sounds as if you think the object is larger than a tile or gap filler, and thus must be at a relatively farther distance from the camera. How are you determining the distance and size of the object, considering it is a 2D image?

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
NASA said: "Country or Geographic Name: ATLANTIC OCEAN"

Someone said China earlier? idk. But assuming that thing is over the Atlantic, next thing I thought of was: "Bermuda Triangle" (some correlation perhaps)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Why do you believe what NASA tells you?

Have they given you any proof that this is space debris?

Where are their photos of the original triangular object before it went into space?

And why are they taking pictures of space debris?

And why are they posting pictures of "space debris" that looks like Alien Flying Vehicles commonly spotted in Earths skies?

edit on 22-1-2013 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

Bumping jumpers batman.

Got any more problems that need identifying? It's obviously how these guys communicate via telekenesis to people on earth. They relay thru trianngles. Got any proof they dont?

What I see here is someone too eager to believe this just happens to be a craft from another planet in our orbit, that obviously they are on earth visiting us, therefore this must be aliens. Nasa always lie, and here they are caught in a lie. We know they visit earth so nasa lie. We know they are in space, and here is one in space. Nasa lie.

Why publish it? to throw us off the scent.

Who takes them? NASA do, with internal hand held cams, because if we put external cameras outside the shuttles to capture images of our visiting alien friends, we will scare them off.

Also cameras on the outside of your ship is a sign of rudeness in space. Every one knows this already, I shouldn't need to say it.

I heard batman was up there too, but he was clever enough to get out of shot. He's got a comic book to sell.

Wowsers... you did my head in.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

If I were any other sort of entity, I'd imagine the crew of the shuttle like.. normal people.

"Hey bob, check the debris out. Pretty cool huh."
"Man, I've got to get a shot of that, lemme get my camera. Oh boy lets tell the guys back at central, its a UFO. those guys will love it."

back at central.

"NO."

"aww shucks, well archive it anyway, it's a doozy of a shot."

meanwhile back on earth.

"I must find the truth. I must find the truth, it's under all these lies.. Lies lies eve.. OHMHGODGGDO.. A TRNIAIYANGLE!!!"

"HEY GUYS LOOK!!!!"

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Yeah sure human, Its NASA making these alien spacecraft claims which they need to explain.

If you do not believe in what NASA are saying learn the science to debunk their claims. Using their science you can shup everyone up once you prove using the scientific method that whats presented is false, until then like may before you just except the reality your in because trying to change it in the fashion your doing makes serious investigation of fringe topics a laughing matter

Alrightly then.....perhaps you can tell me seeing NASA isn't. Why would NASA take a photo of a drifting tile? For inventory purposes?

Who actually took the photo (which astronaut)? For what reason? What else was on the film?
We should know. We paid their salaries!

Astronauts, military personnel, government agents and the like have said publicly, that our government knows more than what they're sharing when it comes to unidentified (and very possibly; alien) objects!

And seeing NASA is government owned, it stands to reason to doubt what they're saying especially when it comes to taking a suspicious (and unnecessary) photo of a floating square tile that happens to translate to an interesting flying triangle!

See? See how this works? Saying one thing does not replace a suspicion. In fact in this case, it only adds to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Alrightly then.....perhaps you can tell me seeing NASA isn't. Why would NASA take a photo of a drifting tile? For inventory purposes?

Because tiles falling off of the shuttle could be a great concern. A tile or group of tiles coming lose from the wrong area could mean trouble for the shuttle on re-entry.

I would think that NASA would be quite concerned, and would want to do a thorough investigation - such as first trying to verify if the floating piece is a tile or not. In this specific case, photographing it was part of that investigation because they later (upon inspection of the shuttle after its return) compared the shape in the photo with a missing triangular shaped tile.

That investigation could have been vital for the safety of future missions.

Are you telling me they shouldn't care about the possibility that the object may have been a loose tile?

Who actually took the photo (which astronaut)? For what reason? What else was on the film?
We should know. We paid their salaries!

While this doesn't give the name of the astronaut who took the picture, here is other information about the image:

images.jsc.nasa.gov... searchpage=true&to_day=31&to_month=12&to_year=3000

edit on 1/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Because tiles falling off of the shuttle could be a great concern. A tile or group of tiles coming lose from the wrong area could mean trouble for the shuttle on re-entry.

We are now observing the tenth anniversary of exactly this happening.

On the second day of columbia's doomed flight, the stove-in plate-sized segment of the left wing leading edge heat shield worked loose and drifted off. nobody observed it at the time [later analysis of radar tracking showed it].

Had it been eyeballed or videoed, suspicion would have centered on the wing and an inspection EVA ordered, and once the damage was realized, actions would have been initiated.

But nobody saw it in time.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Astronauts, military personnel, government agents and the like have said publicly, that our government knows more than what they're sharing when it comes to unidentified (and very possibly; alien) objects!

And seeing NASA is government owned, it stands to reason to doubt what they're saying especially when it comes to taking a suspicious (and unnecessary) photo of a floating square tile that happens to translate to an interesting flying triangle!

But don't both Cooper and Mitchell agree with ME, that there were NO spaceflight UFO encounters by astronauts throughout the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs? None to THEIR knowledge, and they were THERE -- so they would have known.

Don't you believe THEM?

And why should the tile be square? And if it started as square and half broke off, what shape might it be then?

edit on 25-1-2013 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

And why should the tile be square? And if it started as square and half broke off, what shape might it be then?

Plus, even WHOLE tiles are not all square. Shuttle tiles come in several shapes:

edit on 1/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well. if it's a tile then my guess would be that the picture wasn't taken because it looked cool but because a missing tile (or tiles) could endanger the safety of the crew on re-entry and they needed to report on it, which would make sense. And unfortunately, all of us know what happened in february 2003.

Nice sarcasm though.

Now in regards to NASA, nowhere have I ever said that NASA is lies lies lies. But I am not one to believe that they tell us everything they know either.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I remember when the first shuttle returned to Earth, there was shock that so many tiles were missing. You could plainly see the gaps. To see the photo, it was like, "Whoa! How did that craft make it back safely? It's falling apart!"

But, hey, it went up and came back, did what it was supposed to do, so there was some tweaking to do. But it was proved that "a few" missing tiles obviously wasn't going to be a danger. The missing pieces could be replaced. The structural integrity was sound.

I wonder if these might be similar triangle tiles to the ones in the pix?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join