It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle Shaped UFO in NASA Photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I still grabbed the WRONG photo. Damn!! And I'm using up all my edit allotment (that's how far off the mark I am today). Give me a moment. I'll get the photo showing how big it is. Doesn't say how large it is though.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I see they vary in size but not by much. The largest one in this photo looks to be about 8" x 12"?
It's not like they're yards long.

So how close was this 'tile' to the camera then?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
NASA seems to know what it is...

Identification

Mission: STS61C Roll: 31 Frame: 2 Mission ID on the Film or image: 61-C
Country or Geographic Name: ATLANTIC OCEAN
Features: SPACE DEBRIS
Center Point Latitude: Center Point Longitude: (Negative numbers indicate south for latitude and west for longitude)
Stereo: No (Yes indicates there is an adjacent picture of the same area)
ONC Map ID: JNC Map ID:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

But, if you want to call it a UFO then that is up to you, but as shown above it has been identified...

Give me a break, Space Debris?

I think they need new glasses.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That "triangular thing" is Big. Really Big.

We have never sent a such big "thing" in space (...officially).

So, or it is an our "Black Project",.... or it is not from this planet.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Its debris, its been covered before.

I see streetcrap uploaded yet another video of this piece of debris...YAWN, hoaxers gonna hoax i suppose.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Its debris, its been covered before.

I see streetcrap uploaded yet another video of this piece of debris...YAWN, hoaxers gonna hoax i suppose.

How can a legitimate photo be considered a hoax? You my friend, should really TRY to familiarize yourself and grasp what a "hoax" is. Hoax is an intentional act to fool others. I am not fooling anyone however, you're ironically are fooling yourself with your lack of understanding.

So let's review. NASA claims it's a tile from SS Columbia. Great. Could very well be however.....most, if not all of us know UFOs exist. We also know NASA aka; our government knows this (based on some astronaut's testimonies/interview. Edgar Mitchell being one of many) so we now also know, there's a major cover-up underway too!

Now would it behoove us to trust the very people who are not only capable of lying to us but....covering up this life altering 'news' that changes everything we were taught here on Earth? I think not.

I am not saying what I posted is an alien UFO (which is still not a hoax) but what I am saying--- if nothing else....STOP taking NASA's word at face value regarding what's REALLY going on out there which, according to them, is nothing. Because that is a lie!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I want to know how anyone determines that this object is large? To me, it could be almost any size, I have no idea, it doesn't seem there is enough there to know any way.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
not having ever been in space, i can't say for certainties
but this looks far more like a large triangle far away
than a small triangle close up

not that it matters
because apparently space debris has been taking the form of all sorts of unseemly and alien-looking craft
for some time now
clearly
NASA like to build their booster rockets looking like that just to mess with us.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Looking at it, I would say it can appear very large or quite small depending on your preconceived notions when viewing.

It is a little blurry which might add to the case for it being large, but it might also just be a not very sharp image.
edit on 22-1-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I want to know how anyone determines that this object is large? To me, it could be almost any size, I have no idea, it doesn't seem there is enough there to know any way.

Not that you can really tell in this image but if the clouds are in focus you could determine the height of the clouds and the height of Space Station and if the object was in focus you could deduce that it was close to the clouds. You could further deduce the distance and approximate size.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That's part of the human-conditioning. When we don't know something that's not within our capability of ever finding out firsthand...we count on others who are in a better position to know and that includes, NASA *sigh*
And many of us already KNOW, NASA is not that forthcoming. So....it's a conundrum for sure.

Now unless the astronauts actually witnessed this 'tile' breaking away from the ship (not sure how that would've happened. Are there alarms?) ....and photographed it on purpose of prosperity's sake...I don't know. I am unaware of any testimony they might've said about the matter.

I am still trying to figure out the logistics. If this were a tile then, it was relatively small. Inches big. So that tells me it had to have been close to the camera but personally, not having a professional 'eye' for the matter....I just don't see that.

Oh well.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

According to what's been presented, NASA claims it was a tile from SS Columbia. Part of my head-scratching moments are: from what I've seen in photos, the tiles look to be square. It's possible I suppose, some were tailor made for 90-degree angles on the craft but so far, I'm not seeing that.

And even if that were true.....I would like it if someone can show me via some mathematical, photographic-al means.... just how far away it was to the camera then. These tiles look to be no bigger than a foot so it would HAVE to be, fairly close.

It just looks ominous therefore, questionable. Thanks for joining

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Let's say it's not a tile and NASA know it. Why would they bother to make the picture available, and then lie about it? Wouldn't it make more sense just to not publish the image?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Let's say it's not a tile and NASA know it. Why would they bother to make the picture available, and then lie about it? Wouldn't it make more sense just to not publish the image?

Because what better why of deflecting a lie by presenting it with a built in explanation?

I am not an unreasonable person so I haven't dismissed this as being a tile. In all likelihood, it probably is. I just don't trust the source (NASA) so....whatever they say automatically, by default, gets rejected. But then I re-process it and walk away, still not knowing for sure! I ALWAYS question authority.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here's a high-resolution of SS Discovery back in 2005. It shows how the tiles are laid out around the nose of the shuttle (use your zoom)
upload.wikimedia.org...

They still look fairly small.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

According to what's been presented, NASA claims it was a tile from SS Columbia. Part of my head-scratching moments are: from what I've seen in photos, the tiles look to be square. It's possible I suppose, some were tailor made for 90-degree angles on the craft but so far, I'm not seeing that.

And even if that were true.....I would like it if someone can show me via some mathematical, photographic-al means.... just how far away it was to the camera then. These tiles look to be no bigger than a foot so it would HAVE to be, fairly close.

It just looks ominous therefore, questionable. Thanks for joining

There are bound to be tiles with varying shapes to fit, no point dwelling on it. It even looks like the guys in your pic are working on a new triangular piece.
edit on 22-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Why do you believe what NASA tells you?

Have they given you any proof that this is space debris?

Where are their photos of the original triangular object before it went into space?

And why are they taking pictures of space debris?

And why are they posting pictures of "space debris" that looks like Alien Flying Vehicles commonly spotted in Earths skies?

edit on 22-1-2013 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

And why are they posting pictures of "space debris" that looks like Alien Flying Vehicles commonly spotted in Earths skies?

Interesting question. I have as much of a hard time swallowing the tile explanation than the space debris one. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that will most probably remain a mystery. Hardcore NASA supporters will say that NASA did say what it was and hardcore NASA disbelievers will always deny it. Personally, it might be a tile or a space debris but I doubt it.

A tile, from what I've seen is inches by inches long, and squared. So unless this picture was taken while the tile was really and I mean really really close to the window, this explanation doesn't sound right.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi, space fans!

Exactly as one asks, above this thread: What/where is the proof from NASA ?

Now, our other question is:

If a so called expert can say it is debris, then
the so called expert should be able to say to us
where the debris comes from, with so nice and easy
shape and color to see ???
RIGHT?

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ahem.........if that's a tile, wouldn't the shuttle have burned up upon reentry? If it's a foot wide, it would seem that it would get very hot. I'm not buying the tile theory.

Looks to me to be very large, and a fair distance away. But hey, maybe my depth perception is worse than I thought though. I doubt that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join