It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Freemasons? - ATS Unite! Share your knowledge...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Who is this man and what is he wearing?

LINK

The man is Aleister Crowley.

He is wearing Ordo Templi Orientis regalia.

(Freemasonry has, and always has had, aprons and jewels as their regalia, as compare to the OTO, who wear sashes as in the picture.)

He wasn't a Mason. Apart from a few fanatic religious sites, there's hardly a single site on the Web who says he was. Even Wikipedia says he wasn't a Freemason. Moreover, even most religious fanatic sites have removed the claim that he was.

In fact, you're probably the only person left making that claim.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Last time I got this close to truth, I was banned from ATS. We will see how long I last this time.

Last time you were banned from ATS for promoting your own web site I believe. Breaking the T&C.
Are you really that insecure that you need all the drama to enhance your existence?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Which Is True?????
1) All Seeing Eye!
2) They See All Things!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Who is this man and what is he wearing?

LINK

The man is Aleister Crowley.

He is wearing Ordo Templi Orientis regalia.

(Freemasonry has, and always has had, aprons and jewels as their regalia, as compare to the OTO, who wear sashes as in the picture.)

He wasn't a Mason. Apart from a few fanatic religious sites, there's hardly a single site on the Web who says he was. Even Wikipedia says he wasn't a Freemason. Moreover, even most religious fanatic sites have removed the claim that he was.

In fact, you're probably the only person left making that claim.

You mean me and this lodge: Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon Why would this Lodge claim that he was a 33 degree if he wasn't? Honorary or now, he was recognized and associated with Masonry, as is Theurgy and Theosophy. They go hand in hand.

Aleister Crowley, a brilliant student of symbolism and ritual, had at least four major contacts with Freemasonry as a complete body.
In 1900, while in Mexico, Crowley became involved with a Supreme Council of the Ancient and Accepted (Scottish) Rite. This period of Central American Craft Freemasonry has been described as a chaotic mess; masonic bodies springing up and dissolving within a matter of days. Crowley was supposedly initiated into the 33° of the Ancient and Accepted Rite, thus obtaining the title of Grand Inspector General. This title is actually one of administrative rank, and not of ritual degree. The 33° is styled Sovereign Grand Inspector-General and is sparingly conferred by the Supreme Councils of the recognised jurisdictions. There does not appear to be any record of this conferment other than his claim made in The Confessions of Aleister Crowley.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
From the same passage that you quoted.

There does not appear to be any record of this conferment other than his claim made in The Confessions of Aleister Crowley.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You can also find a page from the Grand Lodge of BCY that says he's not an actual Mason.

You should realize that the Scottish Rite in Mexico was not recognized at that time.

Crowley was supposedly initiated into the 33° of the Ancient and Accepted Rite, thus obtaining the title of Grand Inspector General.

Yeah, this was by his own word only.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join