It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InAccuweather - JEEZ!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have to find another weather site. I don't think Accuweather.com has given me a correct forecast for my area in two years! This is the second time I've checked the weather for the week and it showed sunny and cold, only for them to change the forecast just 24 hours later to snow. Not just snow, but 4 to 8 inches! Don't they have any meteorologists there???

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not necessarily accweathers fault. There is a lot of uncertainty going on with the weather prediction models lately on most sites.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I use weatherbug (on my phone)

And I use weather underground on my PC. www.wunderground.com

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If there is one thing I have learned in life it is this: Never trust any weather forecast!

While technology is getting better at predicting the weather, Mother Nature is fickle sometimes and has a mind of her own. All the weatherman/woman can do is make an educated guess based on patterns and computer models (that only applies to the ones that have actual degrees in the weather related sciences, most of them just read what a teleprompter tells them to say and don't have a clue). Because of knowing that I always keep an umbrella and a jacket in my car even if the weather report says it will be sunshiney and warm!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Try intellicast.com Jigger. There's a lot on that site, and they seem to do a good job of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
I use weatherbug (on my phone)

And I use weather underground on my PC. www.wunderground.com

Thanks, eXia7. I'll give that wunderground a shot.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Try intellicast.com Jigger. There's a lot on that site, and they seem to do a good job of it.

Thanks, but I'm going with wunderground because I noticed that the weather report for my area is coming from a local college in my area on that site. They should get the forecast right ONCE in a while.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I use accuweather...and wunderground...and intellicast...REALLY

I like the local weather stations at wunderground for the present temps...
and for the forecast.....I take all three and see which looks the most promising....along with this
www.wunderground.com...

Wundergrond has the best maps, IMHO....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
METEOROLOGY- The only profession where you can consistently do a horrible job and still be employed.

Here in Canuckistan, no matter what your source is, they all claim to come directly from Environment Canada, even if the TV and radio give conflicting reports for the same area...
How the heck does that work...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Im considering slapping the snot out of our weather guy locally ( dont tell anyone, theyll take my slingshot due to violent ideations). Yesterday they predicted very cold and clear, this morning they said very cold and a chance of flurries.

Im sitting here with a little under 1/2 of inch of ice and snow.....still coming down. And my clematis is still green.. and my roses started greening up just 2 weeks ago!

a few weeks ago they said rain showers and the storm was so bad it peeled the shingles off my garage like a banana and tore up parts of the siding.

Now they predict a very cold and bad Feb. So... do I buy a bikini or prepare for an ice age?
Locally we call the guy "disaster Dave".. due to him getting overly excited over severe weather. When we had those intense series of storms here yr before last we jokes about him being breathless due to being orgasmic over the tornadic weather when he broke in with updates. Yes, yes, I know.. D-Dave is under the gun particularly with our nutty weather and we cant expect 100% accuracy, but I ave to have an anger object cause if I blame God.. I may receive a smackdown.. and be cursed with a black thumb in my gardens this yr. So Dave gets it.

OP... I invested in my own weather station a little over a week ago.. Im pissed because its half put up and now Im iced up, ( damn you weatherman Dave!) but it comes with several outdoor units and a transmitter.. and communicates with my laptop. Im not from this area and the wild weather really irks me... messing with my gardens.
Davis has some awesome weather stations and the software is easy and pretty comprehensive. My cousin owns an exotics nursery a few states over and uses a Davis station.. and I played with it when we were visiting last yr.. pretty cool!! Had to have one.
www.davis.com... 5493005&gclid=CKLx-MLp_LQCFQpgMgod1RYAqg

top topics

join