It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a gun owning patriot, ask me any questions you wish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

I always wondered what opinion responsible gun owners have of those who quote things like being prepared for the 'zombie apocalypse' as reasons for being heavily armed. I would have taken little notice if it was an isolated comment but it seems to come up too regularly to be ignored.

Is it some sort of inside joke or are citizens actually taking this as a serious possibility?

As far as I know, no one takes it seriously....however..for several I think it is a catch phrase....It is safer to say..I am preparing for the zombies attacking, than to say I am preparing for a tyrant government coming to take my rights away...or as it was many years ago...the russians are coming..etc...

Even the feds are using this as a Catch phrase to get people to prep...as seen on the CDC website a while back....
just replace zombies with "what if...or whomever...etc"

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Thank you for answering my questions. My son is a responsible gun owner and has actually helped to save a person that was kidnapped.

edit on 21-1-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you for answering my questions. My son is a responsible gun owner and has actually helped to save a person that was kidnapped.

Sadly stories like this are not seen or heard....people would rather believe the crap that media spews out, and that if you own a scary black rifle...or a 30 round magazine..you must be some whacko that is going to go on a killing rampage

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If it's for protection, what are you afraid of?

If not the above, what do you shoot?

Could you live without one?

Does owning a gun make you feel big and empowered?

Do your guns have pet names?

Ever been shot?

Do you realise how sad the rest of the world thinks gun owners in America are?

Cheers for taking the time.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

If it's for protection, what are you afraid of?

If not the above, what do you shoot?

Could you live without one?

Does owning a gun make you feel big and empowered?

Do your guns have pet names?

Ever been shot?

Do you realise how sad the rest of the world thinks gun owners in America are?

Being prepared does not equate to fear...I also have life insurance...does not mean I am afraid to die...means I am simply protecting my family in case of my death

I Also hunt, I also protect my livestock from wildlife, I also target shoot for fun and sport

Yes but I do not have to

My guns do not make me feel anything....they are simply a tool

Do you have pet names for your hammer or screwdriver or car? Why would I?

Yes I have been shot

If America cared about what the rest of the world thought of us, then we would have never made it as a country
We must be doing something right according to the numbers of people wanting to come here and live..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I noticed a while back that Oklahomans gained the right to openly carry on their hips . I live in Bonham , Texas, but due to various reasons I don't get out like I used to and it's been a long time since I crossed the river so here's my question ; are many people there carrying in plain sight ?

I have to say I've lived around guns much of my life and I always felt safer when everybody was packing .

Before I close I have to take that back , once in camp a skunk showed up and I was scared out of my wits that somebody would shoot before I had a chance to ease outta there .

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

I have seen 1 person open carry, when they passed it I didn't really think alot of people would, but it affords a bit of legal protection to a CCW license holder....just in case your jacket comes open or rides up etc...sure didn't turn it into the old west, like the anti gunners had said

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

What makes you a patriot?

Can someone who is pro-gun control also be a patriot? If not, why?

Also,

As a patriot, do you support and respect the leader of our country, President Barack Obama?
edit on 21-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

As Americans, our loyalty should be to the Constitution not one party or the other, not even to the president. A patriot believes in the ideals behind the Constitution; freedom, equality, and justice. I support and respect the President when he is acting in accordance with, not against, the Constitution. There would be no America if not for the Constitution, and if we allow them to disregard it or abuse it then this country would no longer be America the Beautiful. It would be something else. This is about so much more than guns!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

Well said!!
That sums it up very well.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Think I have answered everyones questions so far...If i missed one just let me know

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join