It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting reported, then yanked???!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As part of a weekly ritual, I often visit some of the various UFO sites, and check on any recent sightings, just to see if any are interesting. This morning, there were two separate sightings in the New Jersey area of a similar UFO, as reported on MUFON, in the "Recent UFO Sightings from Around the World" section. Yet, soon after seeing this story, it was then GONE when I tried to look for it again.

They do daily updates, so I assume it's just to add information, but its kinda weird for it to be missing like that. I'll keep checking on it. It caught my attention as it mentioned cyllindrical UFOs, and I hadn't heard of them being sighted for quite some time. If anyone else sees a story about this, be sure to do a print screen! Newsmax is another place to check, as the link went to their site originally. The link was www.newsmax.com... but now it's 404...

Thanks!

This post was part of a special Halloween Homage to Orson Wells.
Jumping out from behind the server and shouting BOO!

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually found something like this from a few days back....

Note about sightings...
ufos.about.com...://www.nationalufocenter.com/news/printable.php%3Fid=210

Even followed a link to this rather amazing photo...from NASA...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

EDIT: took a screenshot of the pic just in case it goes bye bye too...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wish they'd get back to me on what is here in Louisville....I sent them an e-mail awhile ago!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm guessing that this is what you're talking about, wonder what the heck it could be:

won't be surprised if this is missing from NASA's site sometime soon...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just to be sure, I check it for photoshopping... nothing. It's looks authentic to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hi Gazz; in the early 1990 mme. Angela T. Smith-- R.V. give the answer

page #64 : ' Remote percertions ' --Hampton Road ; copyright 1998

bonne lecture regards chapo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That's a zoom of the NASA pic yes. My first point was more about the NJ sightings reported this morning, then they went "poof" from the MUFON site. They still aren't there. Just for fun, dove into it a bit, and there have actually been some other Cylinder UFO sightings this year... Of course, no telling how true any of these are, but thought I'd provide them nonetheless...

www.rense.com...

Illinois - Cylinder UFO
CARLYLE LAKE - Paul Sharp reports, "My wife and I were fishing at Hazlet State Park area in Southern Illinois when I spotted a cylinder UFO on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 about three in the afternoon. The cylinder shaped craft flew over very high and flying at what appeared to be faster than an air liner at that height.
[Image]
This is the third cylinder UFO we have seen in this area, but the others were of a different shape. They are a long cylinder and tapered at the ends. It was silver in color and tapered the entire length. The illustration is approximate; it should be thinner than shown. The arrow shows the direction of flight. Thanks to: Paul Sharp [email protected]

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

Just to be sure, I check it for photoshopping... nothing. It's looks authentic to me.

It should...it's from NASA's site, hehe...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I wish they'd get back to me on what is here in Louisville....I sent them an e-mail awhile ago!

What's going on in Louisville???

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ah, you know what, after looking at these new images here, I dont know about the one in space, but the ones people keep spotting on Earth, I've seen them up close.

They emit some kind of distortion field around them so pictures never come out right, but they are not actually cylindrical in shape. If you blur the image, then, okay, they do look cylindrical.

Those are transport carriers. The central area is used to carry people or cargo. The central area is pretty boxy and can be removed like a box car on a train. The rear area is the finned exhaust section. The front area is the command pod - probably enough room inside for 4 or 6 people. There are different command pod attachments available - conical shaped ones, square shaped ones, round shaped ones - but they are all approximately the same size overall. At the outer edges of the central cargo region are the landing shocks for the vehicle - either 1, 2 or 4 per corner, depending on if light, medium or heavy craft / loads.

The atmosphere in the command pod area can be kept and maintained seperately from the central area. Just about anyone can be piloting them. Just make sure you have no relatives first and an extremely low profile so when you "dissapear" nobody will miss you - you can then join to become a pilot on one of those cargo haulers for the US government.

It's a neat spacecraft. I used to watch them land and take off from a warehouse area in New York all the time back in the 1970's. When the news and weather helicopters became more prevalent, they became kinda scarce.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cassini prouved Mme. Smith -- 14 years latter.

chapo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WOW!

When I rotated the item in question in that image to horizontal and zoomed in it certainly looks like some sort of distortion field around something. Weird.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
To answer a question asked by a member via U2U, the sightings were in the Trenton area. Didn't get to remember much more than that before the article was yanked. The same member reports some increased military activity recently in his area (central NJ). Just curious if any other NJ members have noticed this...???

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

What's going on in Louisville???

We had a sighting here on a continual basis for a long time. Lady V started a thread on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I smell aussie bloke. -snif- -snif- yup... smells funny (sorry)

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Gaz,

Do you believe, like many do, that the SDI was one designed to control the freedom of movement of ETs in our inner space, and that it has already been implemented? And that possibly this is the reason there are not as many reports of UFO sighting as there used to be? I'm still up in the air on this one, but I'm reading disclosure now, and I cannot disbelieve the abundance of testimony in it.

What are some other good books on the UFO subject that have good, reliable information and documentation?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
At the rense site under Filer's File it states Janet Bucci from Rhode Island Mufon says the cylinder in the picture from Saturn is actually the Moon Dione.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Relive the fantasy

sweet sideburns

I watched Space 1999 in the 70s also Remeber that chick with the side burns? What a hottie!

[edit on 28-10-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I live in central Jersey (about 30 minutes from Trenton). I have heard nothing about this. However, I will keep an eye on the skies, as I always do, and try to keep you updated on anything I might hear or see.

On a side note, I always get upset when things are seen by where I live and I don't see them. I'm always that guy.

And another side note.... There are many military bases located in this part of the state. I can think of five off the top of my head which are all within a twenty mile radius of one another. Don't know if it might be related but something to take into account.

Till next time.... PEACE!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I too, live near central NJ... I haven't heard of any sightings recently, but I can say there has been a LOT of military activity around here, near the local bases...and a lot of air traffic. Probably pre-election jitters though maybe? Mostly been lurkin' but figured I'd chime in since my neck of the woods...

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Wilmuth]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Gaz,

Do you believe, like many do, that the SDI was one designed to control the freedom of movement of ETs in our inner space, and that it has already been implemented? And that possibly this is the reason there are not as many reports of UFO sighting as there used to be? I'm still up in the air on this one, but I'm reading disclosure now, and I cannot disbelieve the abundance of testimony in it.

Yes, I do believe this. Timothy Goode makes a good case for this in Above Top Secret (the book
) I've often commented on the number of classified military missions the Shuttle went on in it's heyday...

What are some other good books on the UFO subject that have good, reliable information and documentation?

Pretty much anything by Stan Friedmann, Don Schmidt, Kevin Randle. I'm also a fan of Corso's book (though he does go on a bit of an ego trip). I'd recomend some of the older ones too, such as the classics of the field, by Keyhoe, Valee, etc. As well as those by the aforementioned Timothy Goode.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join