It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Looks To Install Microphones In "Urban Areas" That Can Listen to Conversations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the best way to combat all of this spying on the phone, internet, outside and inside cameras and microphones, is just start using as many of the "redflag" words IN EVERY conversation you have. we all know the words, be creative......uuhhmm...you guys go first, and report back

I already do.

I talk to (GASP!) Muslims on the phone.

I salt in as many of the (GASP!) keywords as I can wedge into the conversations.

I then hear odd clicks and occasionally disembodies voices over the phone (GASP - X200).

As soon as I hear those, I switch the conversation to the mating habits of mandrills.

Gets 'em every time!

Notes on the mandrill discussions that the boys (and girls, too!) at Fort Meade are making are frequently the topic of those conversations as well - just to let 'em know that WE know, too...

BRB - someone is knocking at the door...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by nenothtu

I Saw one in particular on my regular route on the ground in pieces (pole and all) 4 separate times before they just stopped putting it back up.

That’s one way to deal with the problem!

This type of corrective action is another reason these contraptions won’t be put in rural areas; target practice, anyone?? I bet there’d be more than a few people using them to site in their 30.06’s.

I was less imaginative. I was thinking more along the lines of a can of black spray paint and a ninja suit...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is actually a sniper identification system so shooters can be triangulated when attacking the government. It's in use in Iraq and Afghanistan already.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

They need to institute some "car control" too, then. In one of the cities I lived in a few years back, they installed CameraCops to catch people running red lights. The system was abused (typical!) and before you knew it, their CameraCops were being run over in the middle of the night, from angles NOT coming from the intersection being watched.

They fixed that. Cameras to watch the cameras!!

usnews.nbcnews.com...

That only changes the order they have to be taken out in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well hopefully the only gunshots most of these will pickup, will be the ones aimed directly at them.

It's seeing headlines like this that make me want to take out a huge loan, and just disappear off the grid.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

It's seeing headlines like this that make me want to take out a huge loan, and just disappear off the grid.

Now that's the best idea I've heard in a long time; a loan to get off the grid.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants to the bank to do that then just default? Make the bank finance your independence.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Let's see about all the fun things they can do with this.

Full spectrum surveillance. It doesn't take long for them to be listening into your house,car,bathroom,bedroom,hotel,workplace,school,etc. They can even video record you. With infrared/Terahertz radiation scanning technology they can look through walls(like drones can already do).

You can use this information to put people on a gulag list,blackbag list or create a psychological profile of the victim.

Can be hacked/spoofed by ANYONE with a reason to hack that system. Can be abused by whoever.
No oversight no nothing.

1984!

Praise Lenin!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is SO racist.... I mean, DHS doesn't care what we white folk in the suburbs are saying??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by seabag

if i find them ill go buy a 5 dollar solar panel hook it up to a 7 dollar mp3 player and have it say stuff like obama is a trerrorist over and over and over ^^ just find em for me ^^

15 16 bucks, exacto knife and some electric tape ^^

I think I would go with something like this:

I wonder how many hours Homeland Security would spend analyzing that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I F ING LOVE THAT MOVEI HAHAHAHA

good call i should make mp3 of that hehe

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is not news/new.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Come to Baltimore City! The entire city is under surveillance cameras like a jail. Just about every corner has a camera that flashes blue. These cameras record everything 24/7. You can't even sit on your front porch without the cops looking at everything your doing, smh.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Mugen7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I forsee a jump in the sales of "white noise generators" .
The bad/good part about technology, is the more complex it gets, the more ways their
are to confound it. Or hijack it. Just imagine when the criminal element figures out how to
do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
People need to wake up,

Now we have microphones in public places, spying on internet traffic, sound monitoring to triangulate gun shots, trilateral agreements between US Canada and Australia, where each country wire taps the others communications so as not to break domestic laws, putting cameras and microphones in television sets to monitor household, requiring spare batteries in cell phones so that the authorities can still spy on you through your cell phone even if you have taken the battery out.

Technology has leaped forward and now every element of our life can be tracked and monitored.

They are nothing but high tech stasies. and when it all comes down, I think people will be shocked to find out what they are actually doing, just like when East Germany fell.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes. We in the Kansas City area was informed by local news a few months back of the implantation of this technology in a high crime area of the city. When asked if the "microphones" are capable of listening to conversations on the street, We were told "no comment". I'd bet a dollar to a dough-nut that this will be expanded through out the area such as the video cams.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
nothing new in my book.. what Ive found out is that most smartphones already have microphones capable of recording everything no matter where it is in a room. I found this out a while ago and it kinda made me think about how easily someone can hack into a phone and listen in on any conversation.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Idiots, the lot of them

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Mayson
Assuming something like this was explicitly stated to be legal by the constitution, then what would be your objection to having them potentially listen in on your conversations?

If you don't talk about having done anything criminal, then there's no harm done right?

It's a violation of privacy.

A person need not be a gun owner to support the second amendment. A person need not be gay to support gay marriage. I person need not be guilty of something to want privacy.

Ya know, I'm kinda on the fence about how I feel about that.

I can understand how someone would want some privacy. Everyone says and does some things that they might not want to have remembered. Barring that, I even understand that some people might just like the idea of a private life. On the other hand, I have to assume that some of the things that I've said or written or put on the internet or whatever has been observed by someone who I didn't exactly intend to hear/see/read it. However, I can sort of view it like a "out of sight, out of mind" or a "what I don't know can't hurt me" type of situation.

I mean, if I have a conversation in public I have to assume that other people can hear what I'm saying, but as long as they don't come up to me and say, "I hate that too!" then I can just pretend that I have my privacy.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The only barriers to this tech have been long removed.

Purchased from the vatican and developed on recover of craft and of course with the use of german and later american optics.

After all if you cant see it then it does not exist.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Frankly, we do have to keep some perspective here. Even though I don't trust the government as far as I could throw it, it's possible this really is just what they say it is. It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to have gunshot sensors in high crime areas or schools.

And this is coming from someone who gets called paranoid quite often. This may be what they say it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join